Thread: AGD needs a new study using the two piece barrels

AGD needs a new study using the two piece barrels

I was looking at Tom's Tech Tips and the one about barrel sizing need to have some more work done, im not complaining about AGD, they'er awsome. They provide the user of their prouducts with so much information its unbelievable. An addition to the study investigating the new two piece barrels would be extremely helpfull tho.....

Tony Kessler
    Last edited by SkElL~ObIsSiS; 01-17-2002 at 02:52 PM.
    Only Nintendo could make a vidio game out of two fat italian plumbers who wanted to screw a chick in a pink dress.

HyperSnyper Guest
    SkElL,

I have too been very interested in the study of the 2 piece barrel. I have done numerous posts asking others about their opinions on 2 piece barrels. I have also asked shops about what they believe is the "Best" 2 piecer, and why? What dynamics about make it an engineering marvel?

Their answer:

"...Because (-insert team name-) shoot it and it has brought them to the top, and that barrel sucks because (insert team name-) uses it and they arent going anywhere..."

I even emailed barrel companies and asked them the same question.

Their answer:

"...Because (-insert team name-) shoot it and it has brought them to the top, and that barrel sucks because (insert team name-) uses it and they arent going anywhere..."

As you can see, I wasnt going anywhere.

So, I finally posted to Tom, which is a person who likes actually research the topic rather than going with the sponsorship/marketing hype. He told me the shorter the control bore, the more consistent but the less efficient, the longer the bore, the vice versa.

Bills Mills from Warpig was helpful enough to reply with a rebuttle to TK's post to me. Control bore length, or the length of the barrel designed to accellerate the ball must be tuned to the gun (In actuality, its the vice versa, the barrel cannot change, but the gun can).

After a nice long email to me, the pointers are:

1) Get a nice qualilty barrel with a smooth and true bore.
    2) Get a nice quality paint with a nice consistent OD size.
    3) Make sure Paint matches barrel.
    4) Have a consistent air supply.

While you can get all the pressure and flow test equipment in the world to research and find the BEST Bore length and barel size, the gains will be very minimal to the point their is almost NO differece to the human eye.

So relax, shoot your Mag (like me), and just have fun out there.

Hope this helps.

-Hyper