Thread: Emag Magnet Problem

Unhappy Emag Magnet Problem

On the top of the trigger there is a magnet stuck into a recess in the trigger. This magnet is used to bring the trigger to the magnets in the trigger frame. My big problem is that this magnet has become un-glued from the trigger, and i cannot get it back in! i have tried a couple diff types of glue, and ive tried to tape it down, but it wont stay!!! in the process of trying to fix it ive also removed the lever controlling the movement from manual to electro mode. The whole pin thing that was a part of this came off from the gun, and when i reinserted it, it didnt click between the electro and manual like it used to, and the trigger is stuck in a forward position.

Anybody know what i can do to fix this?
    Do you suggest i just send this to AGD to get it fixed?
    i bought this emag used.
    sn:338

thanks for your help!

~DC

You seem to have lost the ball bearing that sits on top of the spring for the switch. That is why it won't click into the different modes.

As far as the magnet goes, have you tried any fast drying 2 part epoxy? That MAY hold it in there. Im not sure about JB weld, but that could be a possibility to. You can call AGD for the ball, but more than likely there is a way to remedy this situation on your own without having to ship the gun to them.

kila

Forgot to mention, when you do this either A, remove the trigger from the frame, or B, remove the magnet stack from the gripframe so that there is nothing pulling on the magnet why the bonding agent is used.
    good luck.
    Kila V2 Magnetic Suspension Detents for Angel 04 Speed, LED, LCD, IR3's, X-mag, ULE Mag, TAC-1, SFL Emag, NYX Matrix, E-blade, Mac Dev Cyborg, Bushmaster 2000, All other Cocker threaded guns, Shocker, Nerve, Impulse

Kila V2 for Alias...the ountdown is on!

Email: kilaproducts@hotmail.com
    www.kilaproducts.com
    AO PM: kilaueakid

ok, fixed the M to E switch

thanks for the help.

AGD, what do you use to glue those magnets down to the trigger? I could possible find some and try using that stuff

~DC

Try a VERY strong adhesive. The best stuff I've used is Loctite 401. It's an instant adhesive to bond metal parts. Also, you could try something like JB Weld.

We use....

Loctite Durabond
    E-20hp Epoxy Adhesive High Strength

I am not sure where you will find it though but you can try
    let it sit about a day and this stuff will not un-glue. the
    glue we use to use before didn't work that well.

Saul Ramirez
    E-mag Tech
    Production Manager

The same thing happend to my emag magnet. I just used some 2 part epoxy. It worked fine. My sn is 336, I wonder if we got some bad glue or something.

OK... im no longer worried about the trigger magnet, however, i have a different problem now. In the process of trying to get the magnet to stay in, i tried to push out the trigger pin so i could remove the trigger and fix it that way. Now, i think the trigger has tightened itself, and the trigger is moving pretty stiffly. :O\ im having some bad luck trying to fix this. Any ideas on what to do about this??

Thanks so much for all the help!

~DC

Saul-

Glad to hear you guys changed. There were more than a few E-Mags that needed the magnet glued back in at the IAO.