Thread: Trigger Double Firing...

Paintchucker Guest

Unhappy Trigger Double Firing...

I have a minimag, an RT Pro, and a new EMAG that I just got, so I have decided to put my minimag back to its original 1994 state. I am going back to the Camo Splashed Single trigger, as well as the original valve.

The problem I am having is that it is double firing when I pull the trigger. I don't believe it is the valve system, as that works in the rt pro just fine, so it leads me to believe it is the single trigger and the sear assy.

When you pull the trigger, it fires and then hesitates a second then you see the little rod pop back out behind the trigger and it fires a second time.

Is that trigger rod too long or too short? I just thought I would ask before I go adjusting it back and forth, since you have to disassemble the whole gun to get to it.

Thanks In Advance !!!
    Rob

have you ever adjusted your trigger rod? i forget the exact length it is supposed to be, but they have it in the manual at airgun.com.

is your sear catching the bolt properly? maybe your sear or bolt is too worn out.

Paintchucker Guest

Angry Dang Aftermarket parts...

Not that was truly wierd... The valve shot okay in my emag, but before trying to play with the trigger, I looked and had the z-valve installed. I put the stock on/off assy. back in and "presto", the gun shoots like it was intended. LOL, we won't get into the moral of that story! Maybe my double fire was actually the z-valve trying to go retro, but not recharging fast enough or something...
    Last edited by Paintchucker; 01-18-2002 at 10:23 PM.

just sounds like a bad on/off. aftermarket parts......

yes, it soundes like a on/off. i dont think the parts kit has it
    Someone took away my cool sig. *cough*mod*cough*

Had this happen before

I had this problem before it appeared to be the on off sticking on a ridge. I sent mine in the be worked over but replacing the on/off should do the trick.
    Hitmanng