Results 1 to 29 of 29

Thread: emag software issue

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Masshole central
    Posts
    733

    emag software issue

    Ok I am running xmod beta 1.8 and my emag just started acting extremely funny... it skips menus and numbers when I am setting things

    For example, when I set dwell or fix it will go 10, 11, 12, 20, 23, 24, 28, 30, 5, 6, 11, 16

    Its just everywhere... it won't read right... and same with the modes

    When I scroll through modes the order is suppose to be semi, release, burst, full, nxl, psp, mill, hyper, pr-t

    But it scrolls like this... semi, burst, full, hyper, burst, mill, pr-t, semi, full, nxl, psp, hyper, burst, mill

    Its just random

    Is this a battery being almost dead issue? Or is it actual software problems and any ideas on how to fix it?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Greencastle, PA
    Posts
    1,910

    could be a number of things

    it actually could be a number of things.

    -Trigger magnet is interfering...back it out and try

    -board not sitting correctly... remove the board and clean up the grounding power area (where the board screw goes in)

    -board dying...buy a new one

    -bad flash....flash it again

    -Bad noid ... buy a new one

    - etc


    so many differnt things could be causing it. but i dont think a bad battery would involved with this.
    -Chris
    my feedback:
    AO Feedback
    Ebay Feedback

    What I know!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Masshole central
    Posts
    733
    ok well i just checked the wiring of the solenoid and it isnt wired correctly which is surprising because it just came back from modmymag

    they just flashed it to 1.8 beta


    also... the board can be moved around a bit when i turn the power off and use my fingers... idk if this is it but when i move it around it changes which modes or numbers it skips

    I thnk its the board but i dont know why its doing it and it just occured today

    As the night has gone on it has lessened so i am completely confused. someone please help

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Greencastle, PA
    Posts
    1,910

    hmm

    well, solder the noid correctly to start off.

    secondly, remove the board from the grip. clean the screw mount area nice and good. put the board back in. tighten it nice and snug.....be carefull to not crack the board. But that would take alot of over tighting to do that.




    or have it sent right back to modmymag and have him fix it ....thats if its his fault.


    but i still dont understand why the noid would be in backwards (wiring).

    -chris

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Masshole central
    Posts
    733
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nearchos
    well, solder the noid correctly to start off.

    secondly, remove the board from the grip. clean the screw mount area nice and good. put the board back in. tighten it nice and snug.....be carefull to not crack the board. But that would take alot of over tighting to do that.




    or have it sent right back to modmymag and have him fix it ....thats if its his fault.


    but i still dont understand why the noid would be in backwards (wiring).

    -chris

    same here... i would have thought he would have checked that if he installed new software

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Greencastle, PA
    Posts
    1,910

    ??

    my uderstanding it is a full work over on the lowers ...(or the whole gun). from the programming, electronics, to the mechanical side of the setup. but i guess he only looks at the programming and sear adjustment.


    But even so....why was the noid in backwards from the factory?



    but yea, get back in touch with him and see if he can work with you to get things right. he is a good guy with everything i have done transaction wise with him.


    -Chris

  7. #7
    First let me start off saying I have nothing against you Dark Blade, or anyone here on AO. Welcome to the Mag Community it's a great place to be and a great place to get any kind of help you can possible need; for what ever ails you or your marker.

    Quote Originally Posted by dark blade
    they just flashed it to 1.8 beta
    Too bad you did not buy the Programmer from LorneCash, he work really hard on the code and my guess is, he got nothing from your marker being upgraded. I could be wrong, as I do not know the whole story, but it sure doesn't look good. If you did have the programmer you could easily reflash your chip; if that is the problem.

    Maybe you should send a PM to LorneCash and let him know your having issues with his software. Nawww thats probably not a good idea... (that was sarcasm, please take it as such)

    Sounds like a bad ground if your looking for free support to go with your half price firmware upgrade, but you should go back to the person that performed the work for the help you are looking for, since you already paid for it.

    I am only reading what I'm seeing; I may not have the whole story and would gladly recant this rant and apologize to all parties, if I am proving other wise.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nearchos
    But even so....why was the noid in backwards from the factory?
    Of the 4 Emag Lowers I own, including my XMag, all of them came wired incorrectly. I did not buy these new but they all had AGD software on them when I got them so I'd be really surprised if someone switched the connection to the solenoid. My guess; it's a toss of the coin on how the "Factory" wired them up.

    A incorrectly wired solenoid is not the end of the world... You just won't be getting the higher BPS with out some issues. It will not cause the issues that are listed here and sounds more like a bad ground than anything else.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Masshole central
    Posts
    733
    yes this is true that he probably did not benefit through the transaction... however, this is the case with any sale that goes down on any site.

    Even here when you sell a marker, AGD benefits from whoever originally bought those parts but then the parts can be resold to whoever else however many times and AGD sees none of that money. Just like the software, someone buys the programmer and he gets the profit but the person who bought it can resell the "software" as many times to whoever and the programmer owner sees nothing

    Its called capitalism where you buy low and sell high to move up and make as much as you can. If this were not the case i would fully understand your point... however, in order for your point to never be hypocritical you can never sell anything off any site or buy anything off any site and must buy new from manufacture for the rest of your life. Otherwise you are simply going against yourself and no one will ever listen to what you say


    Other than that thanks for the welcome to the mag community. and thanks for trying to help

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Masshole central
    Posts
    733
    modmymag seems to be down at the moment... or its just my computer

    does mark have a username here i can PM him on? or does anyone know his email so i can just send him a message that way?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Greencastle, PA
    Posts
    1,910

    there you go

    Ruler_Mark is his AO name.

    http://www.automags.org/forums/member.php?u=33809




    but honestly, lets keep the fight about the software thing alone. that is between AGD, Mark, and LorneCash.

    none of us here have any right to start fighting about it. and i know your just trying to look out for LorneCash and his awsomness with the great program....but it is his problem to be looking at.

    but on one note, i do have to admit that LorneCash is a bit slow with getting things done. took a month for me to get my programmer and now he wont even talk to me about buying the source code. Which i really do need to look at so i can tune a new E/X-mag modification before i release it. So i can see why newer people would want to use modmymag instead of waiting forever for a programmer....exspecially when they are paying good money for it.


    but again, lets not fight about it here. the fellow has some very serious problems going on with his emag. i rather help get it fixed now before someone loses an eye or even worse do to malfunctioning Emag. I want to help keep the mags known as a safe marker.





    **** if you do not get ahold of mark and get him to fix it, do the following. DO NOT play with the gun till this is fixed.

    1) remove the board.
    2) Clean the ground mount (where the screw holding the board goes in)
    3) if there is anno on it, sand it away. Then clean the grip frame really good to get all the sanding out.
    4) put the board back in and screw it snug.
    5) see if it working correctly then.



    -Chris

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Masshole central
    Posts
    733
    thanks... and yes lets not fight

    but as one last note, mark never charges for his flash jobs... seeing as the software is free and its the actually "Flasher device" that you pay for. I feel no one is getting cheated in this


    however, i will try everything stated tomarow and will report back with details

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Milwaukee WI
    Posts
    365
    I'm getting really sick of this crap! Flashing my software to people who never bought a programmer is stealing from me.

    Quotes from the geniuses:

    ...AGD benefits from whoever originally bought those parts but then the parts can be resold to whoever else however many times and AGD sees none of that money. Just like the software, someone buys the programmer and he gets the profit but the person who bought it can resell the "software" as many times to whoever and the programmer owner sees nothing

    Its called capitalism where you buy low and sell high to move up and make as much as you can. ...you can never sell anything off any site or buy anything off any site and must buy new from manufacture for the rest of your life.
    seeing as the software is free and its the actually "Flasher device" that you pay for. I feel no one is getting cheated in this
    I'm glad that's how you justify it... I personally hope your gun never works again. Serves you right. Apparently you never read my license agreement because it says you have to own a programmer as you right you use the software. I know that there will always be <insert expletive of your choice> in this world but don't pretend that you're doing something ok.

    Oh yea and you're clearly an econimist with all your buy low sell high advice... Here's the difference... you stole software... when you sell a gun on ebay you don't have the gun anymore, not the case with software. Software you can steal over and over again every time you copy it it costs me $120. If it were up to me I'd have you Everyone flashing my software permanently banned from AO.
    Last edited by LorneCash; 06-30-2008 at 05:23 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    newport news va
    Posts
    653
    why would you sell a programmer, then go "ok now don't go using this thing i just sold you for $100+"

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    #1 Buck Adams fan
    Posts
    7,956
    Quote Originally Posted by seekandestroy78
    why would you sell a programmer, then go "ok now don't go using this thing i just sold you for $100+"

    Read the license agreement.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Don' ask questions. It is considered "trolling" in some locations.
    Posts
    4,249
    Quote Originally Posted by seekandestroy78
    why would you sell a programmer, then go "ok now don't go using this thing i just sold you for $100+"
    I would assume that the problem is that people are selling the "service".

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Greencastle, PA
    Posts
    1,910
    Quote Originally Posted by LorneCash
    I've usually let others fight my battles
    That is pretty sad



    Quote Originally Posted by LorneCash
    Buying the source code - $10,000 is my price... if I liked you I might even sell it for $5,000. Ahh ok but there's no way you have the money to afford the source code and besides I don't think you're smart enough to do anything with it anyway so what's the point.

    wow, then you best go issue a new X-mod manual. stating $2000 there....then coming here demanding $10,000 from me now for it, just beacuse you dont like me. But yet you'll openly state that if you do like anybody else that trys to buy it, its only $5000.


    and for you to say such a comment towards me, "I don't think you're smart enough to do anything with it anyway so what's the point" . I mean wow, What are you thinking??? Openly trashing a solid AO member just because you dont "like" them for some odd reason. I have not done a thing to you. and if your mad at me because i stated the "slow" thing....you only have the right to hate yourself, becuase that is the truth of how our deals have gone. nothing i can controll, it was all on your end. nor was i using it to trash you, just stating the simple truth.

    And just so you know of my "smartness", i do have the ability and knowlege to reverse engineer your software. But i rather respect you and honor your intelligence for making the software by buying the coding. Which if the project i am working on will work with, would mean a whole lot more sales for you with your programmers and software. but i guess as you say...iam too dumb to do anything...let alone help you out in the end.

    so i guess i will be off to work on a new board design for E/X-mags and just push a whole new system in my spare time. oh but i guess i cant because you said i'am too stupid to know what to do with programming.


    And yes, i dont have a phone to call you on. I am in college (going on my forth year) and have not found a need to have a phone running and wasting money. I do all my comunication to family and friends either online or in person. And no i can not use another person's phone to contact you because it isnt my phone to be using to make deals. maybe a bit weird, but it is what i believe and stand by.


    and one last note. I am glad your not a mod on AO. because i have done nothing that would lead to me being banned as you so desired. I have followed AO rules on everything since day one of my membership. and if you thinking me helping a fellow out that has a serious problem from so called "pirated" software is a problem to you...that is sad. I have no care what software is on it or how it got to be on it. I only want to help make it correct before someone seriously gets hurt. which if they did.....do you know how bad that would affect us of the AO cummunity? well, you would be probably involved with a nice law suit, along with AGD. and depending how it goes....we might not see another great new AO product for a really long time.

    So i am not sorry to you for helping this kid out. and honestly i dont think you have the right to be yelling at him. he bought another person's service. go yell at mark for offering that service....not the buyer. cause the buyer isnt the one breaking your Xmod rules....mark is.


    have a nice day,
    -Chris

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    #1 Buck Adams fan
    Posts
    7,956
    Quote Originally Posted by MANN
    I would assume that the problem is that people are selling the "service".
    That's probably the case.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    I wish my grass was Emo so it would cut itself
    Posts
    5,838
    Lorne,

    Wow man, that is a wee bit harsh. I think you are barking up the wrong tree getting onto Nearchos. I think his whole intention was simply to help the other fellow, who apparently doesn't know you, or the agreement about your software that apparently someone else is breaking by doing these flashes. The personal attack, calling him "stupid", is in essence trolling and really should with no other mitigating circumstances pull you a ban. It is against the rules. Offering helpful suggestions to people with problems in the tech forum is not.

    Now I don't know what else is going on between you guys, apparently more than meets the eye.

    Something else that I wonder is this. Have you patented (or whatever) your code? Or have you taken any other steps to enforce your TOS?

    Letting other people defend you certainly does not place you in a stronger position to defend what is rightfully yours. It is your work, your code, so instead of sitting back letting others defend your intellectual property and being all pissed about it when someone ELSE didn't happen to watch your butt in this certain situation...well honestly do I need say more?

    Don't get me wrong brother, I am not for or against you. I see where you come from and why you should and can be upset. But going off on a tirade against a fellow who is not the one that "pirated" your code is not going to accomplish jack.
    Last edited by punkncat; 06-30-2008 at 03:59 PM.
    MonkeyBallsInferno
    my feedback

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Masshole central
    Posts
    733
    well the end to all this is right now... if people dont like what is happening then lorne you should go after Modmymag.com beacuse he is installing a free software through a device that he paid for and is doing it for free to everyone

    and just as a side note to end this all... if someone were to buy your programmer and flashed their board to xmod 1.whatever would you expect them to remove the flash when they sell the programmer? because if not then they get their money back and its still a free flash so either way its the exact same thing

    Someone can sell that 1 programmer unlimited times and you still only see the original price but everyone gets the free flashing.

    I am done with this and if anyone wants to permaban me for starting a "help me" thread and nit-picking into details then fine. But i do not think i should be yelled at or threatened to any extent for taking advantage or a service that is offered for free and has been offered to many many many many of the AO members on here... if this were the case half this site would probably be banned and half the world would be arrested for at sometime or another "stealing software"

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Milwaukee WI
    Posts
    365
    Very simply I expect that when a gun that has my software is sold is either is sold with the programmer or the software is removed.

    Quote Originally Posted by dark blade
    well the end to all this is right now... if people dont like what is happening then lorne you should go after Modmymag.com beacuse he is installing a free software through a device that he paid for and is doing it for free to everyone

    and just as a side note to end this all... if someone were to buy your programmer and flashed their board to xmod 1.whatever would you expect them to remove the flash when they sell the programmer? because if not then they get their money back and its still a free flash so either way its the exact same thing

    Someone can sell that 1 programmer unlimited times and you still only see the original price but everyone gets the free flashing.

    I am done with this and if anyone wants to permaban me for starting a "help me" thread and nit-picking into details then fine. But i do not think i should be yelled at or threatened to any extent for taking advantage or a service that is offered for free and has been offered to many many many many of the AO members on here... if this were the case half this site would probably be banned and half the world would be arrested for at sometime or another "stealing software"

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Masshole central
    Posts
    733
    ok well to add to this... i would just like to inform you that i am basically a 4th generation buyer of what i own

    you created the software
    mark bought the programmer
    seekanddestroy sent his lowers to mark for a tune up, new battery, and flashing
    and i bought the lowers from him

    im sooooo far out of the loop as far as blame goes, and there is no way you can expect someone to remove the software if they sell the lowers... thats just never going to happen. Its the reason most people buy lowers in the first place

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Milwaukee WI
    Posts
    365
    I expect people to own a programmer... if you own a programmer it's not a problem to flash 3.2 back on. It takes longer to get the screws out than to flash the software. I dont' hate people for trying to get a deal like you did but It would be nice if there were some donations people who got the software without buying a programmer... but you're probably not going to be sending me any money so I'll tell you what I still have 20-30ish programmers here if I sell all of them I will post the fully commented source code on AO.

    Quote Originally Posted by dark blade
    ok well to add to this... i would just like to inform you that i am basically a 4th generation buyer of what i own

    you created the software
    mark bought the programmer
    seekanddestroy sent his lowers to mark for a tune up, new battery, and flashing
    and i bought the lowers from him

    im sooooo far out of the loop as far as blame goes, and there is no way you can expect someone to remove the software if they sell the lowers... thats just never going to happen. Its the reason most people buy lowers in the first place

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Masshole central
    Posts
    733
    Quote Originally Posted by LorneCash
    I expect people to own a programmer... if you own a programmer it's not a problem to flash 3.2 back on. It takes longer to get the screws out than to flash the software. I dont' hate people for trying to get a deal like you did but It would be nice if there were some donations people who got the software without buying a programmer... but you're probably not going to be sending me any money so I'll tell you what I still have 20-30ish programmers here if I sell all of them I will post the fully commented source code on AO.

    i feel thats a good deal... lets try to get these things sold

    and i would have donated if you tried to help me with my problem instead of just hijacking a help thread to make people try to feel terrible about doing what all americans do at one point in their life... cheat a system.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Milwaukee WI
    Posts
    365
    PM I sent to Chris Yesterday

    Chris, I'm sorry. you're right I did go off on you for no reason... it's not your fault I was really mad at mark not you and I'm sorry for calling you stupid... I have edited my post. If you do wanna talk to me about whatever please call me. Email is great for exchanging information but I just don't like to use email for conversation.

    I would ask that you please edit/remove your post as well but if you don't wont to it's up to you.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    2,595
    Lorne, replied to your pm. All anger on this should be directed to me.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Greencastle, PA
    Posts
    1,910
    Quote Originally Posted by LorneCash
    PM I sent to Chris Yesterday

    Chris, I'm sorry. you're right I did go off on you for no reason... it's not your fault I was really mad at mark not you and I'm sorry for calling you stupid... I have edited my post. If you do wanna talk to me about whatever please call me. Email is great for exchanging information but I just don't like to use email for conversation.

    I would ask that you please edit/remove your post as well but if you don't wont to it's up to you.


    Appology accepted. Now lets get done to business and see about what we can get done.

    -Chris

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Masshole central
    Posts
    733
    ok well all this is over with and i got the mag working 100% again, i reset all the settings to the standard (i just made that up) settings from the xmod manual and it works fine, so i reset my own settings and its still fine


    must have been some weird glitch in it.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Milwaukee WI
    Posts
    365
    In general the menus may seem to skip sometimes... this is because there is not dbounce code on the buttons... I know I'm going to sound like a broken record but there wasn't room... that was one of the things I took out to add other features. In any event the most I have ever seen it skip personally is 2 items and usually the next time around it wont' do it again or at least it's not consistent as to what it is skipping. I'm pretty sure that was the problem here. This can usually be solved simply by trying to push the button faster.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    1000mah Emag Batteries PM me.
    Posts
    1,812
    Quote Originally Posted by LorneCash
    I expect people to own a programmer... if you own a programmer it's not a problem to flash 3.2 back on. It takes longer to get the screws out than to flash the software. I dont' hate people for trying to get a deal like you did but It would be nice if there were some donations people who got the software without buying a programmer... but you're probably not going to be sending me any money so I'll tell you what I still have 20-30ish programmers here if I sell all of them I will post the fully commented source code on AO.
    With respect I have a question. Why did you distribute the programmers rather then sell the service? Or if distribution was an issue, wouldn't selling pre programmed boards with a core charge be a better method?

    If you had to do it again, would you do it the same way?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •