Thread: emag software issue

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

emag software issue

Ok I am running xmod beta 1.8 and my emag just started acting extremely funny... it skips menus and numbers when I am setting things

For example, when I set dwell or fix it will go 10, 11, 12, 20, 23, 24, 28, 30, 5, 6, 11, 16

Its just everywhere... it won't read right... and same with the modes

When I scroll through modes the order is suppose to be semi, release, burst, full, nxl, psp, mill, hyper, pr-t

But it scrolls like this... semi, burst, full, hyper, burst, mill, pr-t, semi, full, nxl, psp, hyper, burst, mill

Its just random

Is this a battery being almost dead issue? Or is it actual software problems and any ideas on how to fix it?

could be a number of things

it actually could be a number of things.

-Trigger magnet is interfering...back it out and try

-board not sitting correctly... remove the board and clean up the grounding power area (where the board screw goes in)

-board dying...buy a new one

-bad flash....flash it again

-Bad noid ... buy a new one

- etc

so many differnt things could be causing it. but i dont think a bad battery would involved with this.
    -Chris
    my feedback:
    AO Feedback
    Ebay Feedback

What I know!!

ok well i just checked the wiring of the solenoid and it isnt wired correctly which is surprising because it just came back from modmymag

they just flashed it to 1.8 beta

also... the board can be moved around a bit when i turn the power off and use my fingers... idk if this is it but when i move it around it changes which modes or numbers it skips

I thnk its the board but i dont know why its doing it and it just occured today

As the night has gone on it has lessened so i am completely confused. someone please help

hmm

well, solder the noid correctly to start off.

secondly, remove the board from the grip. clean the screw mount area nice and good. put the board back in. tighten it nice and snug.....be carefull to not crack the board. But that would take alot of over tighting to do that.

or have it sent right back to modmymag and have him fix it ....thats if its his fault.

but i still dont understand why the noid would be in backwards (wiring).

-chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nearchos
    well, solder the noid correctly to start off.

secondly, remove the board from the grip. clean the screw mount area nice and good. put the board back in. tighten it nice and snug.....be carefull to not crack the board. But that would take alot of over tighting to do that.

or have it sent right back to modmymag and have him fix it ....thats if its his fault.

but i still dont understand why the noid would be in backwards (wiring).

-chris

same here... i would have thought he would have checked that if he installed new software

??

my uderstanding it is a full work over on the lowers ...(or the whole gun). from the programming, electronics, to the mechanical side of the setup. but i guess he only looks at the programming and sear adjustment.

But even so....why was the noid in backwards from the factory?

but yea, get back in touch with him and see if he can work with you to get things right. he is a good guy with everything i have done transaction wise with him.

-Chris

First let me start off saying I have nothing against you Dark Blade, or anyone here on AO. Welcome to the Mag Community it's a great place to be and a great place to get any kind of help you can possible need; for what ever ails you or your marker.

Quote Originally Posted by dark blade
    they just flashed it to 1.8 beta
    Too bad you did not buy the Programmer from LorneCash, he work really hard on the code and my guess is, he got nothing from your marker being upgraded. I could be wrong, as I do not know the whole story, but it sure doesn't look good. If you did have the programmer you could easily reflash your chip; if that is the problem.

Maybe you should send a PM to LorneCash and let him know your having issues with his software. Nawww thats probably not a good idea... (that was sarcasm, please take it as such)

Sounds like a bad ground if your looking for free support to go with your half price firmware upgrade, but you should go back to the person that performed the work for the help you are looking for, since you already paid for it.

I am only reading what I'm seeing; I may not have the whole story and would gladly recant this rant and apologize to all parties, if I am proving other wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nearchos
    But even so....why was the noid in backwards from the factory?
    Of the 4 Emag Lowers I own, including my XMag, all of them came wired incorrectly. I did not buy these new but they all had AGD software on them when I got them so I'd be really surprised if someone switched the connection to the solenoid. My guess; it's a toss of the coin on how the "Factory" wired them up.

A incorrectly wired solenoid is not the end of the world... You just won't be getting the higher BPS with out some issues. It will not cause the issues that are listed here and sounds more like a bad ground than anything else.

yes this is true that he probably did not benefit through the transaction... however, this is the case with any sale that goes down on any site.

Even here when you sell a marker, AGD benefits from whoever originally bought those parts but then the parts can be resold to whoever else however many times and AGD sees none of that money. Just like the software, someone buys the programmer and he gets the profit but the person who bought it can resell the "software" as many times to whoever and the programmer owner sees nothing

Its called capitalism where you buy low and sell high to move up and make as much as you can. If this were not the case i would fully understand your point... however, in order for your point to never be hypocritical you can never sell anything off any site or buy anything off any site and must buy new from manufacture for the rest of your life. Otherwise you are simply going against yourself and no one will ever listen to what you say

Other than that thanks for the welcome to the mag community. and thanks for trying to help

modmymag seems to be down at the moment... or its just my computer

does mark have a username here i can PM him on? or does anyone know his email so i can just send him a message that way?