Thread: XMOD Use Agreement Questions

XMOD Use Agreement Questions

Ok, I posted in LorneCash's thread:

"When is it going to be available for the MAC?"

And shortly received this message:

"can you delete that post about the MAC from the agreement thread... it really doesn't belong there. Thank you

and as far as your question it really isn't possible as far as I know. however there are enough people with pc's in this world just find one you can borrow for 10 min or so.
    "

I don't see why but fine, I deleted it and started my own thread.

Um, would it be wrong to ask that we be reimbursed for the trouble of having to borrow someone elses equipment? Maby a $50 donation plus transportation costs both ways? Anything that can be programmed for an IBM can be done for a MAC. Just because you don't want to be bothered to do it doesn't mean we should be penalized for it.

LorneCash,

Here is part of the problem I have with what you are asking. Say I want my lowers flashed. It will run your $50.00 fee. Plus shipping which ran me in the neighborhood of $30.00 one way UPS insured. Thus a total of $110.00

Then when I go to sell said lowers I have to get your programming removed thus another $60.00 to and from you bringing the total to $170.00 (I am assuming I don't have to pay you another $50.00 to remove it).

All because you won't offer this in a MAC system.

I read this thinking, WTF brought this up??!?

Then I saw/read Lorne's new user agreement post and thought, ahhhhh.
    "Accuracy by volume has been, and will remain, the best way to score eliminations" Tom Kaye

FeedBack

oregon_pb_@hotmail.com

Whoa, I think you got the wrong idea... all i meant was that if the programmer can be used with a MAC is more of a tech support issue. than a licensing one... I have been asked this several times but since I dont' have a MAC I can't test it and also out of all of ebay and AO I have only been asked 2-3 times. I had one person who claimed to be a MAC expert try to find a way to do it unsuccessfully.

I am updating my agreement post to say that if you pay for just a flash I do not expect you to flash it back AGD...

Why don't you guy just use virtual pc, it's free now that microsoft decide it is not a good money making for them...or any other mac virtualization for that matter.....

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...c/default.mspx

it all boils down to whether the programmer will work with virtual PC. Not all peripherals do work properly in a simulated environment so it's a very valid point.

Whether it'll work with one of the new intel machines running 10.5 on the otherhand...

All the mac users i know realize that certian programs / apps / peripherals, wont work on their boxes.

If you cant handle that, buy a real computer, not a trendy one.

Quote Originally Posted by behemoth
    All the mac users i know realize that certian programs / apps / peripherals, wont work on their boxes.

If you cant handle that, buy a real computer, not a trendy one.
    I use a mac because I don't have the patience to deal with all the problems that come with a PC. Thus also the reason I don't mess with autocockers.

Quote Originally Posted by wetwrks
    I use a mac because I don't have the patience to deal with all the problems that come with a PC. Thus also the reason I don't mess with autocockers.
    I'm sorry for you...

But honestly, if you want a refund of 50 dollars because you're trying to buy a PC only app for your mac, you need help.

Your post was downright stupid.

I'm sorry for you...

But honestly, if you want a refund of 50 dollars because you're trying to buy a PC only app for your mac, you need help.

Your post was downright stupid.
    No, I really don't want a refund, I am trying to point out that he is charging $50 for the use of his computer why shouldn't someone else charge $50 for the use of their computer. Expecially since he is basically volunteering their equipment.

I personally would not like someone (even most friends) wanting to upload a unknown program onto my computer.

Ah, so the whole "fail to realize internet sarcasm" thing happend again...

but yeah. he went about his business all wrong, and now he's asking of things that seems absurd because business isnt handled like that...

Ah, so the whole "fail to realize internet sarcasm" thing happend again...

but yeah. he went about his business all wrong, and now he's asking of things that seems absurd because business isnt handled like that...
    Pretty much. Like asking that I remove my post in that thread. It was very appropriate to the theme of the discussion.

Oh, one last thing.

I personally have no issues with Lorne asking that people pay him for his work. He deserves it. I do think that there are limits to what can be expected from his end and I think he realizes it himself.

Thank you sir for your work on behalf of the AO community.

Oh, one last thing.

I personally have no issues with Lorne asking that people pay him for his work. He deserves it. I do think that there are limits to what can be expected from his end and I think he realizes it himself.

Thank you sir for your work on behalf of the AO community.
    your welcome... and if you do ever figure out how to make it work on a mac virtualized or otherwise please let me know. There are other people who would want this info.

Thus also the reason I don't mess with autocockers.
    woah woah hey now don't bring poor autocockers into this fight.. what did they ever do to you?

Quote Originally Posted by phizz
    woah woah hey now don't bring poor autocockers into this fight.. what did they ever do to you?
    Um, unfortunately the cocker I owned would work for about 2 hours then lock up solid. Can't move the bolt, can't do anything with it. Let it sit for about 2 days and everything back to normal.

It was bought new and it was well cared for. Only thing I replaced or messed with was a new bolt. I finally bought a pumpkit and sold it as a pumpgun with the pneumatics on the side.