Thread: G-Force frame, not vaporware!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

G-Force frame, not vaporware!

Last edited by warbeak2099; 08-15-2008 at 10:24 PM.

That's great! I'm happy that this may all soon be over for you guys...

OOOoooooo. I didn't know a manual was in the deal! Time to check e-mail.

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    Humm, not really what I expected, it pretty much looks like what the DIY guys are making. I'm not saying that is a bad thing, just not what I expected. I would suggest you start with a new sear.

I'd sure like to see the hAir trigger design.
    It's hugely different. The sear extender allows for the actuator to be mounted low, under the MSV-1. Since the MSV-1 is mounted so high up behind the trigger, the pull is lighter and shorter than any home made mod could ever be. The lower actuation point also allows the ram to be driven by less pressure but maintain the capability of high rof.

The trigger looks way nicer than any AGD compatible stuff too. It definitely looks like it was worth it to dish out the money rather than doing it yourself. No offense to the DIY'ers, but this looks way better than anything you could just whip up with a dremel.

[/QUOTE] No offense to the DIY'ers, but this looks way better than anything you could just whip up with a dremel.[/QUOTE]

I dont think thats any better than a dremel job.. All this was done with a dremel and a drill..

And won MOTM...

And it's a great looking gun. But performance wise, I think the G-Force frames will supersede DIY jobs. Like I stated above, the way he placed the actuator and MSV-1 really makes a difference. Think about it from an engineering standpoint. The MSV-1 is at the complete top of the trigger where force can be applied to it with the most leverage by the trigger. This means a lighter and shorter pull. The actuator applies force to the bottom of the already extended sear arm. This means less force is needed from the actuator and therefore less gas is needed to power it.

It's more efficient than a DIY frame, and has a better trigger pull.

Now I'm not saying the DIY jobs suck. I've seen the vids, they're awesome. And much cheaper too. But this is a production product that has been meticulously engineered (to the point of making us wait way too long for our frames lol). It's obviously going to perform better. Your guys' frames are still unique and cool though.

Sorry for being so late and posting on old posts... Been kinda busy building Pneumags for people who are tired of waiting for there G-frame....

Quote Originally Posted by warbeak2099
    It's hugely different. The sear extender allows for the actuator to be mounted low, under the MSV-1. Since the MSV-1 is mounted so high up behind the trigger, the pull is lighter and shorter than any home made mod could ever be. The lower actuation point also allows the ram to be driven by less pressure but maintain the capability of high rof.
    Just cause the msv is mounted high doenst mean that the pull will be softer than a proprerly built home brew. If you look at the 2 different MSV's, my home brews come with a lever already attached which i use to its full advantage... I also put my trig rod to the highest part on the back of the trig as well. That make two point of leverage on my frame one bieng the level on the MSV-2 and how i set the trig rod. I'll admit the exteder is a new and neat idea but you cant say by a pic that it better than anything anybody did them self...

I wish i could resize this but i cant seem to get it right, sorry i'm only good with pneumags...lol Its for reference on the trig rod and MSV-2 lever, and this a a build i did almost 2 years ago....

It's more efficient than a DIY frame, and has a better trigger pull.

Now I'm not saying the DIY jobs suck. I've seen the vids, they're awesome. And much cheaper too. But this is a production product that has been meticulously engineered (to the point of making us wait way too long for our frames lol). It's obviously going to perform better. Your guys' frames are still unique and cool though.
    I'll give you that it MAY BE MORE EFFICIENT but theres no way to tell when nobody really knows the actuall LPR pressured used in a DIY frame with ULT...

Now to say because it's "meticulously engineered " doesnt mean it will be better. Thats just silly. I took alot of time learning how to do this and added what i thought would be better in the long run. That would be me engineereing how the frame and parts would work best. That would make just as superior as any other engineered frame. Dont get me wrong here i'm not singleing you out on a personal basis, it just seems to me that you have made up your mind on a product that nobody has yet...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightG
    Does it have Cyber's magnet mod? I'd be very interested to see a comparison. From the sound of it, the mag mod has done wonders for diy pneumags. Unfortunately it wasn't available when I ordered the G-Force frame. (I don't think)

Hopefully we can get a few reviews and comparisons of DIY vs. G-Force. Either way, $200 for a production pneu-frame is a good deal (assuming that we get more than a manual )
    Not my mod...LOL From the looks of it you could prolly set up magnets on the back of the trig and the inside back of the trig guard. The magmod was to combat the super soft spring in the MSV. heck there was a couple of times running to a bunker that my gun fired. It was the weight of the trig bounceing while i was running the was setting it off...lol So i came up with a way to get magnets in there to help fight that. I'm sure someone will figure it out and let everbody know.....

Quote Originally Posted by smoothice
    I'm personally a little worried about the sear arm extender.

While I think it is a neat idea to extend the arm.

It seems to be the one weak link. Just a few dabs of epoxy are supposed to hold the key feature together for thousands of cycles?

I hope Garf did some thorough testing. Lets hope he used this extra 7 months wisely.

I feel like it would have probably been cheaper and easier and possibly more reliable to have just made a new sear with a longer arm.
    the extender also looks to be Aluminum, and prolly will just as bad as the epoxy as far as reliability....

I was wrong about the length of the trigger pull. But yes it's going to be lighter and yes it's going to be more efficient. A ram operating on 25-30psi is obviously going to consume less air than a ram operating on 50-80psi. That's just common sense.
    I will have to wait to feel that for my self.......

Quote Originally Posted by geekwarrior
    time it took to make the manual (with the prototype frame no less) - 1/2 hour+

time the manual will keep you strung along - 2 weeks

time it would take to post a picture of a few finished frames - 5 minutes.

watching people still try to defend garf: pitiful.

/I lol'd when I saw the epoxy part...thought you guys bought a finished frame not a model airplane
    //hope I'm wrong in the end
    Very nice geekwarrior, i agree with you on most of that....

Quote Originally Posted by LK-13
    good lord he got a "DEAR JOHN" email.....
    and was happy about it!
    LOL

OK OK Again i'm sorry for bringing all the old stuff back up i was just late to the party. While i do have a good excuse at least my customers get real info and there guns back sooner than +9 months.... (sorry had too....) And i still worry about the off the self parts? The ram assemble looks pretty custom to me. What happens if it breaks or isnt workin properly? At least with the parts i sell you can get them just about anywhere....

Cy
    Last edited by cyberave68; 08-08-2008 at 12:29 PM.
    Zero Gravity Customs

Play hard or go home......
    My feedback
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=129891

Quote Originally Posted by cyberave68
    I took alot of time learning how to do this and added what i thought would be better in the long run. That would be me engineering how the frame and parts would work best.
    Cy
    Yeah, as much as I look forward to an immediate comparison of the G-Force frame to a Cyberave or Pneumagger frame, I really wouldn't be satisfied until a few people played with it for about 8 to 10 cases of paint. Smack some barricades and collect some paint and shell with it.

If the frames are still solid after that, then the buyers will have an interesting piece of mag history.

Quote Originally Posted by robnix
    These packages use Canada Post tracking, which don't have live tracking, and have zero tracking once they hit customs. After customs, all you get is delivery confirmation.
    Which is only good for knowing that they delivered it and you don't have it.
    Last edited by Spider-TW; 08-08-2008 at 10:07 AM.

GeForce Frames Delivered

Just came in the mail.

Frame weighs in at 7 1/2 oz.
    Last edited by BlueMagRT; 08-15-2008 at 03:44 PM.

Awesome thanks. I can now sleep.

but WTF? and adjustable trigger that is not adjustable?

Quote Originally Posted by insixdays777
    but WTF? and adjustable trigger that is not adjustable?
    t33kyboy "So if a cat is dropped from 11 inches, it will most likely die."

NEW* revolutionary this, that, and the other

*please dont use this, that, or the other.

Looks like a pirahna frame.

I wish my grass was Emo so it would cut itself
    WOW!!!!!!

Unicorns DO exist?!?!!!

Glad to see someone gets one. ..

now lets see one of these BETTER than home diy frames in action ..

it looks like dog poop.

Now I wanna see a gforce frame , pull faster than a lot of these 15bps diy frames, which look a lot better, I'd take a triton, umf, logic vert, chimera, airwalk v2, airwalk v2, heck I think the ulf and the intelliframe look better simply because u can use rpg triggers

18. so...mines in on my phone going to dinner and can't upload pics....this masterpeice gonna be fast...and god is is sweet....what's with

ill post videos tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by BREAD_DA_PAINTER
    Glad to see someone gets one. ..

now lets see one of these BETTER than home diy frames in action ..
    I LOVE MAGS ...and hate low pressure output tanks....and spyders

simple, but not my cup of tea. I'd like to see the ones with the internal LPR.

G-Force Frame Vids

Here are some vids of me dry firing it. I don't have paint atm so this will have to do. Note that I've got the blue X-valve on there with ULT since my Classic currently is without a macro connector. This thing feels so great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At-RLwbx9zg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COAO5fiVgMw

The one complaint I have is the grips. They seem to be proprietary and therefore no aftermarket grips would fit. This might mean sending a pair to Dark Seoul on PBN so he can make us aftermarkets grip panels.

Other than that, it's a pretty nice product.

YESSSS! That is AMAZING! Thanks for the vids! Wicked Fast!

gotta say, it does seem good, I'd like to see some paint thru it. How's the chuffing if any?

Quote Originally Posted by t0nnn
    gotta say, it does seem good, I'd like to see some paint thru it. How's the chuffing if any?
    There was some slight chuffing, but it wasn't bad. As you get more used to the pull it gets less and less. You definitely hate putting it down, it feels so damned good.

It aint coming soon enough!!! Come on Garf where's mine?

Soooo...basically...it's only advantage over the many electronic frames around is that doesn't require batteries. However, it requires a lot of extra weight, more air (more o-rings, potential leaking), an external LPR and doesn't allow any sort of electronic eye to get rid of the lvl X bolt for faster cycling speeds (What's the average CPS of a lvlX tuned for brittle paint, any way?).

Is that right or am I missing a few things? I'm not trying to hate, here. Just wondering if that's really the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Siress
    Soooo...basically...it's only advantage over the many electronic frames around is that doesn't require batteries. However, it requires a lot of extra weight, more air (more o-rings, potential leaking), an external LPR and doesn't allow any sort of electronic eye to get rid of the lvl X bolt for faster cycling speeds (What's the average CPS of a lvlX tuned for brittle paint, any way?).

Is that right or am I missing a few things? I'm not trying to hate, here. Just wondering if that's really the way it is.

you can search pneu builds and lean all about them.

Vids added to first page. We should ask if we can open a thread dedicated to pics and vids of the G-Force framed mags.