Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: G-Force frame, not vaporware!

it was a sad sad day today for me.

I have 2 things to say then I will go into detail.

I LOVE the performance of this frame

BUT

The design is completely

Story:

So because I have not found a permanent home for my gforce frame yet I have not epoxied the sear extender to the sear. I am using a classic rail so this would require me to break the epoxy seal if I wanted to change to a rt rail.

Gripe #1- You are unable to remove the sear from a classic rail with the sear extender still attached.

So I mount up the frame with just the screw holding the sear extender to the sear. After a bit of firing the frame starts acting funny. It won't shoot for a few trigger pulls and then it will shoot for a few and then back to nothing again. Every trigger pull I can hear the ram moving.

So I open up the frame and the sear extender has come off the sear. The little screw had backed it self out all the way from the vibration.

Gripe #2 - I think even if epoxy had been applied that little screw may still vibrate out.

So now I need to find a nut to put on the other end of the screw. I would rather break a little blue loctite then have to break the epoxy off the sear.

So here is the video I made before all hell broke loose. I wasn't on my A game with walking the trigger but she still shot a classic valve like it was an electro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgxNg0RGLis

I am also running a temporary set-up. Try some paper shims until it's tight and a little lock-tite in the screw. I have over 2000 shots and it hasn't come out.

On that note.......I Love this thing!

And yes It's not pretty. I dose look better than a Hyperframe at least (better made too).

Quote Originally Posted by azathoth300
    I am also running a temporary set-up. Try some paper shims until it's tight and a little lock-tite in the screw. I have over 2000 shots and it hasn't come out.

On that note.......I Love this thing!

And yes It's not pretty. I dose look better than a Hyperframe at least (better made too).
    The sear I am using is incredibly tight fitting. I will try a little locktite and see how that works.

A bit of Loctite Blue on that screw will keep it in place. I have no intention of using epoxy on my sear. It fits tightly, with no play, and there just isn't a need. Loctite, maybe, but not epoxy.

I got the Palmers Micro Rock today, and I just contacted Luke to have him tap my vertical ASA for an extra port. I'm running an RT Pro rail with bicycle grip. The tap will be on the left side, and I'll have a 90 degree fitting coming out of it for the LPR to attach to. I checked the spacing and verified it would fit.