Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: G-Force frame, not vaporware!

Quote Originally Posted by t0nnn
    gotta say, it does seem good, I'd like to see some paint thru it. How's the chuffing if any?
    There was some slight chuffing, but it wasn't bad. As you get more used to the pull it gets less and less. You definitely hate putting it down, it feels so damned good.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilltop Customs
    I think you see where I was coming from now...
    yes and no. there are plenty of products made by one-man show machinists that are nicely engineered (in all senses of the word). And there really is no saying that G-force frames are not one of those products.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberave68

i figured that people wouldnt make 5000 threads about the same thing and just keep this one up to date.....????
    Fixed. This thread will do. Merged the other two threads.
    Last edited by Beemer; 08-15-2008 at 10:22 PM.

got mine (tracking) wednesday i might have to grab a temp lpr or pull one off me cocker just to test it.

Quote Originally Posted by WickedKlown2
    Hooray!!! I received this tonight in my e-mail !!!
    --------------------------------------------
    Subject : Shipping Confirmation
    Date : Thursday, August 14, 2008 19:41
    To : wickedklown@XXXXXXXXXXX.org

Dear XXXXX,

Please be advised your order of the G-Force Automag pneumatic frame has already been sent by Xpresspost USA. Your shipment tracking number is CE5XXXXXXX8CA. Shipment status can be obtained online at www.usps.com and www.canadapost.ca

Thank you.

Production Team

G-Force

www.gforcepb.com
    ------------------------------------------

And then there is this from the Post Office :

Date of Event | Time of Event | Location | Description
    2008/08/14 | 17:17 | MARKHAM, ON | Item accepted at the Post Office

------------------------------------------

And to J Kizzy,,,

I don't think I got took if it is in the mail and on the way to my house...

Thank You anyway for your attempt...

WK2

Soooo...basically...it's only advantage over the many electronic frames around is that doesn't require batteries. However, it requires a lot of extra weight, more air (more o-rings, potential leaking), an external LPR and doesn't allow any sort of electronic eye to get rid of the lvl X bolt for faster cycling speeds (What's the average CPS of a lvlX tuned for brittle paint, any way?).

Is that right or am I missing a few things? I'm not trying to hate, here. Just wondering if that's really the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Siress
    Soooo...basically...it's only advantage over the many electronic frames around is that doesn't require batteries. However, it requires a lot of extra weight, more air (more o-rings, potential leaking), an external LPR and doesn't allow any sort of electronic eye to get rid of the lvl X bolt for faster cycling speeds (What's the average CPS of a lvlX tuned for brittle paint, any way?).

Is that right or am I missing a few things? I'm not trying to hate, here. Just wondering if that's really the way it is.

you can search pneu builds and lean all about them.

Vids added to first page. We should ask if we can open a thread dedicated to pics and vids of the G-Force framed mags.

Quote Originally Posted by warbeak2099
    Vids added to first page. We should ask if we can open a thread dedicated to pics and vids of the G-Force framed mags.
    It's been a while, but have you forgotten? OFFICIAL GForce pneuframe pic and vid thread

The thread could probably use a little more clean up though. No text posts (aside from what's already reserved)

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightG
    It's been a while, but have you forgotten? OFFICIAL GForce pneuframe pic and vid thread

The thread could probably use a little more clean up though. No text posts (aside from what's already reserved)
    Yea if we could clean that thread up, it'd be perfect. Maybe close that and start a new one.

Done. No service charge applied.

Yea if we could clean that thread up, it'd be perfect. Maybe close that and start a new one.
    Take the pics and vids there.

Quote Originally Posted by Beemer
    Done. No service charge applied.

Take the pics and vids there.
    Roger that big dog, thanks!

Everyone post your pics and vids over there!

Warbeak, now that I've seen the frame on your Mag, it looks a lot better. Unfortunately those grips have to go
    Personally, I've always been a fan of the Dye stickies but I doubt there would be any way to get a pair on there.

I wonder why Garf opted not to use the standard 45 grips like he had in the prototype

Anyone tried it on Classic valve yet? I'm thinking of using it exclusively on a Classic valved Mag.

Warbeak, now that I've seen the frame on your Mag, it looks a lot better. Unfortunately those grips have to go
    Personally, I've always been a fan of the Dye stickies but I doubt there would be any way to get a pair on there.

I wonder why Garf opted not to use the standard 45 grips like he had in the prototype
    Yea that's the one thing I don't like. However I am considering sending the panels to DS on PBN so he can whip up a template for those of us who want some aftermarket grips. A pair of chrome ones would look great on my setup. Gaaaaaaaaaaah *drools*

Have you tried similar pattern grips like DM or Angel LCD grips?

Quote Originally Posted by drg
    Have you tried similar pattern grips like DM or Angel LCD grips?
    DM's don't fit, I know that for sure. The only Angel grips that look like they'd fit are A1 grips. Other grips that have a similar hole pattern are:

Alien Independence .45's
    Marq/Rapper/Protoge/Vice
    Ego/Etek

Those are all maybe's. I don't have any handy so I can't try it. Did anyone else who owns anyt of those guns order one of these?

theres alot of guys doing aftermarket custom grips, someone may need to send one in for a fit but i dont see this being much of an issue, though it is somewhat of an inconvenice to not be able to used some of the cool grips many of us already have baught or aquired

18. Through you all might enjoy these if you didnt see in the other thread....

VIDS!!!

Setup & Paint

low bandwidth
    http://www.cunje.com/mag/mag_0001.wmv

high bandwidth
    http://www.cunje.com/mag/mag_0002.wmv

AND PICS!!!

http://www.cunje.com/mag/IMG_0677.JPG
    http://www.cunje.com/mag/IMG_0686.JPG
    http://www.cunje.com/mag/IMG_0688.JPG

Special thanks to Garf and Rob.

Thanks for the awesome trigger...

Thanks for helping my nub self with the trigger...

~Andrew Cunje
    I LOVE MAGS ...and hate low pressure output tanks....and spyders

Andrew,

What on/off are you using? RT or ULT?

Thanks for the videos! Speed looks like the DW video from 03! Mine should be here next week. I am so excited.

20. RT....talking to garf he said not to use the ULT...since we already have efficiency issues also...but the way mine came from the factory i actually had to do some tuning to get it running...the trigger was moving enough on mine to actuate the piston to move the sear... half turn here a half turn there and i got it all sorted out and dialed back in for a minimal trigger pull....but "GOSH DARN" is this gun a dream come true...its easier for me to shoot fast on than the ion...is just about as light...and a piece of paint ball history...not to mention i built it from the ground up...choose every part...so its just that more satisfying : )

21. I am open and welcome to you guys spamming the vids and pics of this on other paintball forums...

as i am not a member of any of them....

this could be good business/promo for Garf...if you keep producing...the lesson is...dont post for sale till ready... : )....im being honest when i say...this is the nicest gun ive put in my hands....pure performance and it only wants to shoot faster....and if i dunk this one in the river...its still good to go...F ELECTROS!

Hate to be the one to point this out to you, but electronic boards have been coated in some sort of sealant for years. Dunk it in the river, it'll still shoot.

Thanks for the media! Your gun looks awesome.

Siress, does it matter if boards are coated if the coils on solenoids are not water tight? what about water in the 9 volt?

if you believe that water cant hurt an electronic marker you should have no hesitation with dunking your own gun into water, not telling someone else to do so.

with a mag you dont have to care about water period....hell I was once involved in a "pool game" with classic mags and a few reballs.

Finally the ghost of the Hair trigger can be laid to rest! R.I.P.

with a mag you dont have to care about water period....
    You do with an E-mag or electronic conversion mag...

Incidentally, does anyone know how often the actuator has to be regreased? I've noticed white lithium grease starts goes hard after about a week, or am asking a silly question?

You do with an E-mag or electronic conversion mag...
    use common sense dude...I was saying you have to worry about water with electronic guns, e-mags and electronic conversion mags are electronic by nature.....so by that train of thought you shouldnt dunk them in water. do you enjoy trying to contradict everything I say?

longi I wouldnt imagine very often at all. As long as you dont set the LPR extremely close to the minimum needed to fire the marker, that seal wont make a huge difference if it happens to leak a small amount. The ram is only pressurized when you have the trigger pulled so the air lost by that seal will be negligible. Now if your LPR setting dont change and the maker stops firing, thats the first thing I would check.....cranking up the LPR pressure would probably fix it, but your losing more air that way. (edit, this is assuming that the tolerances are not horrible on the ram, which IDK because I didnt make the frame. If the tollerances are bad and Garf relies heavily on grease to make the seal you might need to lube every day of play)
    Last edited by Hilltop Customs; 08-17-2008 at 12:50 PM. Reason: wireless keyboard missed a bunch of letters, and wanted to remove last comment

The lube (white lithium grease) in the actuator will last for the whole season. Basicly maintenance free. I haven't relube my actuator for over 6 months.

Just put lube on each side of the sear extender to reduce wear since it make impact contact with the actuator piston and back stop. Do this for each event.

Garf

Quote Originally Posted by longi
    Incidentally, does anyone know how often the actuator has to be regreased? I've noticed white lithium grease starts goes hard after about a week, or am asking a silly question?
    Last edited by G-Force Tech; 08-17-2008 at 12:53 PM.

Thanks for the quick reply guys, thats exactly what i needed to know.
    Hey Garf hows it going? I'm really looking forward to getting my grubby paws on the frame! The videos of it look just great! Nice one Garf.

use common sense dude...I was saying you have to worry about water with electronic guns, e-mags and electronic conversion mags are electronic by nature.....so by that train of thought you shouldnt dunk them in water. do you enjoy trying to contradict everything I say?
    Lol you just said that with a mag you don't have to worry about water. Settle down there