Thread: Adding volume to make Gforce trigger lighter???

Adding volume to make Gforce trigger lighter???

This question came up in the gforce thread and I thought I would post it in here as well to see what everyone thinks.
    So far the consensus is that an LPR with a higher internal volume can be more consistent at a lower psi. I am currently using an tickler outside of the frame. To get the psi low enough to make my trigger pull lighter it becomes unable to keep up in strings of shots. My question was if adding a "volumizer" in between the lpr and the 3 way would increase the consistency.
    In my mind it seems like the idea would work. basically i would need something a tube, little box or a second lpr with the internals removed. it would be inside my frame with a barb on either end of it, and as much blank space inside as I can get.

What are your thoughs on this?
    and who is willing to make me one
    Last edited by jade_monkey07; 02-14-2009 at 06:10 PM.

I have one that I made from two 1/2 inch copper caps and a stub of 1/2 copper pipe. The caps are just stuck together. I will try to get a pic up. It is drilled and threaded for 10-32 barbs.

I will send it to you if you like. I made it for my tickler running on a ULT pneumag that was having trouble. Turned out that the ULT was sticking just as much as the lpr was having trouble (cranking up the pressure just got rid of some of the chuffs). I went back to the RT on/off and got it all settled back in.

that would be great! even if you cant find it thats a cheaper idea then i was planning

wonder if you could get the same effect by using (and craming) 2 feet of LP hose in the frame?

I thought about that one too lol.but i dont have that much

It is put together with a full layer of JB weld. I tried to solder it together, but I just ended up with some highly annealed copper. I flushed it out with alcohol after tapping it. The barbs would need loctite to seal or have the edges of the holes sanded and polished flat (or milled) for barb gaskets. For LPR pressures, the double wall copper should be plenty.

I made it to fit inside of the intelliframe. It would be worth the price of postage just to know if it works or not. Pm your address if you want me to send it to you.

Last edited by Spider-TW; 02-15-2009 at 09:34 PM. Reason: size

Why not do what the smart mag did. Use a piece of small steel pipe.