Thread: Look what I made.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Look what I made.

May have been done before, but some of you might appreciate this.

Anybody care to summize it's intended purpose.
    Be Safe!

A spacer for a classic RT?

I guess that was to easy

You had me seriously confused for a second. Looked like a 1 round springfeed at first lol. I guess it helps I have a classic RT myself.

Ya, I plan to fit mine with all the latest and greatest upgrades. Partly to show that it can be done, mostly cause my wife won't let me spend the money for a current model.

nice

very nice. now lets see some pictures of it on the moddified setup.

-Chris
    my feedback:
    AO Feedback
    Ebay Feedback

What I know!!

Quick update.
    I have a ULE body that I have tried to fit, but the front frame screw hole seems to be about .050 off of where I think it needs to be. I have a few things to measure and check, but apparently AGD changed some specs that has never been addressed. If someone wants to volunteer to take some measurements on a standard mag rail, maybe we can figure out where they changed things. I will finish this project, but want it to be right.

ide love to help but i dont own a set of mics.

Thanks busby, very helpful. I was able to pick up an RT Pro today, so now I can take my own measurements. The front frame screw hole is about .038" off. This will be a require a minor modification to the rail to correctly space the bolt in the body. This may not sound like much, but could cause feeding proplems. Would welcome anyones thoughts on this, unfortunatly taking a picture of .038" may be out of the question.
    Last edited by atech2; 09-08-2008 at 10:54 PM.

news...?

hows things going on the project

Quote Originally Posted by atech2
    The front frame screw hole is about .038" off.
    Which direction?

I thought classic rt and rtpro grip frames were interchangeable other than having to drill out the hole for the banjo bolt?(or the other way around add a bushing to use an classic rt frame on a rt pro) If they are interchangeable that should mean the hole center to center spacing should be the same

Pretty crude, I know.

Or does this just make it more confusing?

nope thats good

what I meant by my last post was not milling out the rear screw hole.....I meant this would cause problems with switching valves because of the extra space between the rear frame screw and the sear.(unless this difference is accounted for in the hole placing on the valve or sear)

that is weird though, I thought they were the same

edit: IDK how I got onto the idea of changing valves since it has nothing to do with this thread....just popped in my head.

That seems like a fairly simple fix though, i mean it is a minuscule difference that shouldn't be too hard to correct.

I have a couple of ideas, but want it to be perfect. I could do it by hand, but think I will machine it so it looks good also.

For those that are interested in this mod, I have finally gotten back to working on it. I am working on drawings and set up some time to mill the prototype rail. I have tried to make this mod reversable, but have determined it would make servicing and assembly a nightmare. I don't plan on going back to stock, but those that do should see about finding another rail to use. Once the drawings are complete, I will ask someone if they would like to produce it, since some machinists have showed interest in doing so.

Since the rail needs to be done to really make this work, look for a new thread in the future with a working prototype rail. I want to make this work before sharing anymore.
    Last edited by atech2; 10-24-2008 at 10:52 PM.

made yet?

did ya get this thing to work?

pls someone make me this part

any news on this part?

Look for a new thread after the first of the year. Not working on anything until after the holidays.

woot!!!!!!!!

anyhting new on this?

Quote Originally Posted by splashkitsrock420
    anyhting new on this?
    I'm sorry that you didn't get the message. Atech joined a group of lemmings near Niagra. No barrels were available.

what?????????/

i know this sounds serious.....but whts that post ^^^^^^ up there about......im dumb

Unsuccesful attempts at jokes I imagine.

I have been trying to get a budget old school setup for my boy to get in the game, something he can't short stroke without batteries, but still have a peice I wouldn't mind having in the collection. Since I can do this on my own time, I have been occupied with that lately, (splashkitsrock420 knows what I'm looking for).

This project is still in the works, but back door machine work takes careful time management and planning to not get caught, and possibly worse, fired.
    Plans have been worked out, drawing are getting tweeked, and machines are waiting. My company has had a large backlog, preventing time to use their resources.

I would like proof of my concept before posting anything more, but feel free to PM me for information on this project.

Poor sense of humor mainly. Atech followed the lemmings over the cliff (Niagra Falls) and there was no barrel to save him. Mainly, Atech hadn't been heard from on this thread for almost 2 months and most likely was busy.

Reading his post today, he has been busy.