Thread: Any private label mags?

Any private label mags?

Just a had a random thought today since I bought a PL Impulse (used, relax)
    Its obvious there were TONS of pl cockers, impulses, a few shoeboxes and even a few of the newer electros such as the timmies and the like. But were there ever any private label mags? I'm not talking about putting an eclipse kit on one or a karta body, but a somewhat production scale custom gun. I thought about the tuna's and the devil mags but they were never production level in my opinion. The only ones I can come up with are the PTP micro and the SFL-E. I cant even think of any team issue guns that were substantialy differant from the production models, anyone care to enlighten me? Sure theres enough parts to build one from scratch just about everyone here does that on a regular basis. Im just wondering about a full blown factory custom.

jacksonville warriors? i believe thats who they were. they had the first E-mags i beleive that were made custom for them.

some one else can fill this in or correct me
    t33kyboy "So if a cat is dropped from 11 inches, it will most likely die."

Id love to see pics

If anyone can scrounge'em up. I love to ad some PL Mags to my pic folder.

Well, there's always the Smart Mag.

xxkylexx's rpg mag,, would sorta be a pl mag.... all rpg parts as possible..

Oh Pawalak mag "The Pro you know"

Smartmag

Promag

All of them old school private lable mags. I don't remember if Fred whats-his-name had one or not.

Quote Originally Posted by DeTrevni
    Well, there's always the Smart Mag.
    Far as I remember/can tell, the smart mag was never a production scale custom marker. It was a regular production mag with Smart Mag laser engraved on the valve. The only custom work on it was that one side of the interior of the valve was milled to create the "Magic Box" increase in volume that allegedly made the mag lower pressure which allegedly created less distortion of the paintball etc. etc. etc....

Not all SmartMags had the Magic Box. I have a friend that should still have (or I'll have to break his legs) a Smartmag without the Magic Box.

Quote Originally Posted by Temo Vryce
    Not all SmartMags had the Magic Box. I have a friend that should still have (or I'll have to break his legs) a Smartmag without the Magic Box.
    I am not talking about the exterior magic box. They abandoned that idea sometime 93/94 I think. Their new magic box was just a small ring like mil around the area that the surrounds the reg seal (I think. haven't looked at my smart mag in some time, could be the other half that’s milled).

Quote Originally Posted by Ruler_Mark
    xxkylexx's rpg mag,, would sorta be a pl mag.... all rpg parts as possible..

Except the rail, which was one of the first things rpg was puttin' out...

I wish my grass was Emo so it would cut itself
    Private label, hmm. Only thing that comes to mind is the SFL.

EPS Headhunter

Quote Originally Posted by trevorjk
    jacksonville warriors? i believe thats who they were. they had the first E-mags i beleive that were made custom for them.

some one else can fill this in or correct me

The Jax Warriors were the first to get Emags at the Nashville NPPL tournament...which they won.
    Tom assembled them the night before in the hotel room. They had old Apoalypse air systems and some had Warp feeds. They weighed a ton!!

Benhmark made a bunch of custom rails and gripframes with "Jax Warriors" and the plater's names engraved on them. Maybe you could find some of them. Bollenbach or Huggnagle might know.

Greg Randall

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolwarrior
    The Jax Warriors were the first to get Emags at the Nashville NPPL tournament...which they won.
    Tom assembled them the night before in the hotel room. They had old Apoalypse air systems and some had Warp feeds. They weighed a ton!!

Benhmark made a bunch of custom rails and gripframes with "Jax Warriors" and the plater's names engraved on them. Maybe you could find some of them. Bollenbach or Huggnagle might know.

Greg Randall
    N-N-Necropost!

Last edited by behemoth; 06-04-2011 at 11:38 AM.

Holy thread revival batman!
    good to see a Jax warrior post though. As for Bollenbach, last I talked to him, he seemed to not really have any mag stuff anymore
    I think he sold out his soul a few years ago...muuuhaaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by Raven001
    Far as I remember/can tell, the smart mag was never a production scale custom marker. It was a regular production mag with Smart Mag laser engraved on the valve. The only custom work on it was that one side of the interior of the valve was milled to create the "Magic Box" increase in volume that allegedly made the mag lower pressure which allegedly created less distortion of the paintball etc. etc. etc....

Actually, it was a production scale custom marker only available thru Smart Parts. It was offered as a a base model or with many different options or set-ups depending on how deep your pockets were. The Smart Mags had their very own serial numbers beginning with "SM" to define it as a PL model.

Quote Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD
    Actually, it was a production scale custom marker only available thru Smart Parts. It was offered as a a base model or with many different options or set-ups depending on how deep your pockets were. The Smart Mags had their very own serial numbers beginning with "SM" to define it as a PL model.
    I owned one, hated it

funny that the jax mags are being mentioned. about 3 years ago, i was at EMR and at that time i still had my emag. a good friend of mine introduced me to a ref who also had a love for mags(mags being so rare in these parts that my buddy had to get the only mag shoters togeather). the guy had a jax emag he got off ebay. it had someone elses name on it, but the guy babied the thing. i'll get intouch with my friend and see if i can get some info...

I have a HyperMag that was built for Fox Paintball. I don't know how many were made. I think the only difference was in the valve. However, it does have one of those sidecar squeegie holders. I don't know if they came with those or if the previous owner put that on it.

My PL Smartmag shoots way better than a regular poor persons Automag classic