Thread: Ram Cummins Recall

Exclamation Ram Cummins Recall

Almost a one million Ram truck Cummins recall.

This is like the Volkswagon diesel debacle.

When the vehicles were made legal they lost performance.

Probably will happen in this case also.

Lots of disappointed Ram owners.....

Well dodge does mean "to avoid"....

This is rewriting " law " (some call it Raisin the Bar,) with no grandfather clause ,,, " Law " in which they have no authority to write, So says the Supreme Court.
    And their ' LAW " is just a regulation, written by the EPA lawyers And they can do this to ANY Company they choose to and can Selectively enforce any law/regulation they decide to write
    https://www.npr.org/2022/06/30/11035...climate-change

https://www.post-journal.com/news/to...0three%20years.

Apparently the fix is just a software update, but what kind of a hit will performance take, that's the question....

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Well dodge does mean "to avoid"....
    Actually its been Ram now for years, and this is all on the engine manufacturer, Cummins, not Ram.

But I digress, I'm a Powerstroke guy....

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Actually its been Ram now for years, and this is all on the engine manufacturer, Cummins, not Ram.

But I digress, I'm a Powerstroke guy....
    Depending upon the year power-chike, I mean powerstroke. What is a 13 letter word for a manure spreader?

International(the originator of the powerstroke)

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmechanic View Post
    This is rewriting " law " (some call it Raisin the Bar,) with no grandfather clause ,,, " Law " in which they have no authority to write, So says the Supreme Court.
    ' LAW " is just a regulation, written by the EPA lawyers And they can do this to ANY Company they choose to and can Selectively enforce any law/regulation they decide to write
    https://www.npr.org/2022/06/30/11035...climate-change
    Government sets mandates. Congress puts them into law. The car companies met those laws, so they can make and sell products.

Heaven forbid you get cars that are unsafe(Ford Pinto and Chevy Corvair), that can pass anything but a gas station and just fall apart the moment you drive off the lot.

Regulations and laws spur innovation, making things better for the companies and the consumers. Air bags, seat belts, crumple zones, better economy, better performance; the list goes on in regards to those lawyers and their pesky mandates and regulations.

Government sets mandates. Congress puts them into law. The car companies met those laws, so they can make and sell products.

Heaven forbid you get cars that are unsafe(Ford Pinto and Chevy Corvair), that can pass anything but a gas station and just fall apart the moment you drive off the lot.

Regulations and laws spur innovation, making things better for the companies and the consumers. Air bags, seat belts, crumple zones, better economy, better performance; the list goes on in regards to those lawyers and their pesky mandates and regulations.
    yeah government did great with the gas can

Depending upon the year power-chike, I mean powerstroke. What is a 13 letter word for a manure spreader?

International(the originator of the powerstroke)
    Not so fast genius.

While International Harvester made the first diesel engines in Ford medium duty trucks, in 1994 the name PowerStroke came as Navistar was making Fords diesel engines.

Today they are made by Ford as is in my 2023 Superduty.

International Harvester is Navistar....and we have Richard Nixon to thank for the EPA.
    Just sayin'
    ......You know you want one!!

OK show me ,, where EPA Regulation is written and voted on by Congress ,,

and BTW Cummins is owned by Komatsu now

OK show me ,, where EPA Regulation is written and voted on by Congress ,,
    Any law must pass through congress to be voted on. That is how laws are made or put on the books, as it were.

Any law must pass through congress to be voted on. That is how laws are made or put on the books, as it were.
    that the Whole Freakin Point ,,,, They rule by Regulation , NOT Law ,,, these are AL Regulations , that need not be ran thru congress, Like Laws do, and when they know they can't get environmental law passed, the POTUS can use an EO to get around the Law Making process

" EPA is called a regulatory agency because Congress authorizes us to write regulations that explain the technical, operational, and legal details necessary to implement laws. Regulations are mandatory requirements that can apply to individuals, businesses, state or local governments, non-profit institutions, or others.

" A number of laws serve as EPA's foundation for protecting the environment and public health. However, most laws do not have enough detail to be put into practice right away.
    EPA is called a regulatory agency because Congress authorizes us to write regulations that explain the critical details necessary to implement environmental laws. In addition, a number of Presidential Executive Orders (EOs) play a central role in our activities. "

https://www.epa.gov/

that the Whole Freakin Point ,,,, They rule by Regulation , NOT Law ,,, these are AL Regulations , that need not be ran thru congress, Like Laws do, and when they know they can't get environmental law passed, the POTUS can use an EO to get around the Law Making process
    But here is the rub. The EPA is an agency of this government. Though regulations are not laws, as they can change faster than the laws can keep up with. Whether by new data, change in administrations or whim of congress; it is still a governing body that oversees that aspect of our country.

But what is the problem here? Is it that you don't like clean water, products that don't poison the ground, or air that is unbreatheable, or you just don't understand the basic fact that while you think you want to be free of governmental meddling, even though unless you live off the grid, that it shouldn't effect you?

You are just arguing for the sake of arguing.

What he said is true, the ATF, EPA, IRS, just make new rules, which arent laws, and then start enforcing their will upon the citizens.

Until they run up against a citizen with deep pockets that can afford lawfare, they will keep on doing fascist stuff like that, jack booted thugs, unelected shadow government agencies.

What should be illegal is those agencies using tax dollars to defend their idiocy in the courts.

When Trump gets elected he needs to dismantle all the 3 letter anti American freedom agencies....

Almost a one million Ram truck Cummins recall.

This is like the Volkswagon diesel debacle.

When the vehicles were made legal they lost performance.

Probably will happen in this case also.

Lots of disappointed Ram owners.....

https://studyhelper.com/argumentative-essay-samples
    That's a significant recall for Ram trucks with Cummins engines. The parallels to the Volkswagen diesel situation are indeed striking. I

You are just arguing for the sake of arguing. don't like the words am i saying?

What he said is true, the ATF, EPA, IRS, just make new rules, which arent laws, and then start enforcing their will upon the citizens.yes, they make all these rules that only affect you. All of those agencies are here because they only want to make your life miserable. Anarchy would be such a better situation, u til it impacts on you, then you will flip the switch.

Until they run up against a citizen with deep pockets that can afford lawfare, they will keep on doing fascist stuff like that, jack booted thugs, unelected shadow government agencies. no one says you have to send in your vehicle for the recall. It is suggested, but there is no enforcement of that.

What should be illegal is those agencies using tax dollars to defend their idiocy in the courts. yes, let's have cars that explode because you looked at them funny. Yes, let's have companies dumping toxic chemicals right into the water because it is easier. Let's have bank robberies happen and no one catches them.

When Trump gets elected he needs to dismantle all the 3 letter anti American freedom agencies....

And as an affirmed Ford guy, how does the Cummins recall effect you? But you only want to butch and moan, all to tie this up in some political message about how a supposed billionaire, who is also a sex offender, is supposed to care about you, when he has 91 different indictments that could end his butt in jail is going to care about you? The funny part is, you want to trade a government that is supposedly telling you what you should do for a p3rson to do that, because you wear a red hat and think he is the messiah and will save you from all the bad.

Hypocrisy...

This whole thing is likely the EPA's way to find deleted trucks.

In many states, at some point, you will not get a new tag if this update has not been done.

This whole thing is likely the EPA's way to find deleted trucks.

In many states, at some point, you will not get a new tag if this update has not been done.
    Wow, talk about total fear mongering. Got any proof of that? Now, entities like EZ-pass or sun-pass, in order to collect fines and pay the state or county tolls will deny registration in order for the owner to pay. And you can pay to re-register your vehicle or not. And that un-registerable vehicle can still be driven, as long as it is not on any roads. Hence why dedicated off-road vehicles are put on a trailer.

A recall, is up to the consumer to either go and get it fix, as it were or not. No one has ever held a proverbial gun to someone's head, telling them to do the recall or else.

Can you get anything else more wrong?

I had a TDI and it was the best car I ever had. I loved that diesel. 52 miles a gallon. Never a hint of anything bad coming out of that tailpipe. If they didnt give me more than I paid for it 3 yrs later I probably would still have it.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart