Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Now showing! CF mag body!

ill tank one, have you put thought into making pump bodies? Id deff buy a pump milled CF body, thatd be off the hook!

Yay for ultralight upgrades

Ya count me in one 1 for sure. Ive been watching this thread for a while hoping it would come to life.

rt mag body

think ya would be willing to make one of these for the "old" rt ?
    can it be done?

if so ill take one now lol

Quote Originally Posted by splashkitsrock420
    think ya would be willing to make one of these for the "old" rt ?
    can it be done?

if so ill take one now lol
    Not sure about that as the old RT had a larger diameter valve IIRC. We will try and measure an old RT valve and see if its do-able.

Pump milling shouldn't be a problem, it wouldnt affect the CF part at all.
    I have nothing good to put here...........

Actually the classic RT has a smaller diameter valve, which I just mesured mine for you, and it measures .995, which I believe is the same diameter fit as the mainbody, so all that would need to be done would be a longer tube, and a larger hole where the banjo bolt goes through
    not sure about the Zlock, on the classic RT its cut into the body, not the rail

i want i want....

i really want to have a centerfeedbody on my rt....pls make this lol

That would be cool, but seems almost funny...a body design with interchangeable backs. A couple of different length fronts and a couple of backs could cover all of the center feed mags.

An RT length tube sounds like it would be do-able, though I have my doubts about the z-lock configuration. CF tube isn't exactly strong in the direction the z-lock would push if the banjo bolt were to fail, so there is a bit of a safety concern there. If Shane-O and me can get ahold of an RT to check out I may be able to come up with a solution.

In the meantime I'm work on finalizing the prints and model for the machinist to quote me. Once I have that quote, I can do some number crunching and see if we can start a preorder. I think thats the safest option for everyone involved with the project. My machinist is pretty quick so after I get the quotes it wouldn't be long before complete units would be ready to ship. Let me work a few things on my end and I'll post an update in a couple of days.

Along with that I'd like to thank everyone who has given input and shown interest in this project! I really enjoy this type of work and it goes right along with what I'm studying in school, so its a perfect match. Once again, thanks guys!

keep me updated! looks awesome!

so is the final body going to look like that milled ULE front in the CAD pic?

UGGH tough deciesion this or the micromag....

I will take one - Count me in

CF body

If you can get one for the classic RT count me in

Quote Originally Posted by Ruler_Mark
    UGGH tough deciesion this or the micromag....
    I think the micromag design is very cool. I think the money spent on those bodies will be well preserved in value. I would like to have one and may sign up.

My problem is that I'm not really a pretty marker collector and I have never had a use for anything other than a vertical feed. The rotary breech makes the body useful to many people, but I don't buy new stuff with the idea of selling it to someone else.

The CF body is a fundamental design that I could put on a couple of markers, whereas the micromag begs to be a whole different mag and feed system.

It is great to have choices in mag parts again.

definately count me in for a CF mag body. I would buy one of these INSTEAD of a 2009 micromag any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW
    I think the micromag design is very cool. I think the money spent on those bodies will be well preserved in value. I would like to have one and may sign up.

My problem is that I'm not really a pretty marker collector and I have never had a use for anything other than a vertical feed. The rotary breech makes the body useful to many people, but I don't buy new stuff with the idea of selling it to someone else.

The CF body is a fundamental design that I could put on a couple of markers, whereas the micromag begs to be a whole different mag and feed system.

It is great to have choices in mag parts again.

I was thinking of purchasing this carbon body and slapping one of thoose frames with rails that pnuemagger was designing.. i hope he is still going todo thoose.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruler_Mark
    I was thinking of purchasing this carbon body and slapping one of thoose frames with rails that pnuemagger was designing.. i hope he is still going todo thoose.
    That, or a venomous designs rail.

Definitely need to get something this year. Lots of good stuff floating by.

cost? im intrested

Alright, another update.

I finished a preliminary print for my machinist to quote from and he is working on that. He said he should get a quote back to me early this coming week. I am finalizing up the design and getting everything set up for a production run. Some final thoughts I need to know from you guys:

1. What feedneck threads?
    2. What ball detent threads? Single or double?
    3. What barrel threads?
    4. Include feedneck with body?
    5. Include detents with body?

I had planned on basically copying the ULE body specs and using an Angel threaded feedneck and detents and 'Cocker barrel threads. I am going to include the washer and c-clip with the body of course, but should I also include detents and a feedneck? If I were to include those, what brand/style would you guys want? Of course it would add to the final cost of the body, but its something to consider. I was thinking of including the detents but no feedneck so the customer can install whatever style they feel fit with.

Let me know what you want!

Quote Originally Posted by warpedmephisto
    Alright, another update.

I finished a preliminary print for my machinist to quote from and he is working on that. He said he should get a quote back to me early this coming week. I am finalizing up the design and getting everything set up for a production run. Some final thoughts I need to know from you guys:

3. What barrel threads?

I had planned on basically copying the ULE body specs and using an Angel threaded feedneck and detents and 'Cocker barrel threads. I am going to include the washer and c-clip with the body of course, but should I also include detents and a feedneck? If I were to include those, what brand/style would you guys want? Of course it would add to the final cost of the body, but its something to consider. I was thinking of including the detents but no feedneck so the customer can install whatever style they feel fit with.

Let me know what you want!
    I say keep it simple. AGD standards are good and easy (for AGD collectors and enthusiasts). The double detent is a plus though!

Of course, as it'll be a new body for everyone, I'd like to have mine with detents and feedneck installed as well.

Dual detents would be great, I would like to see it with the option of getting it without feedneck or detents to keep the cost down. Keep the threading the same as ule body. Glad to see this unfolding.

your design is HOT HOT HOT! I will take one!

I like your idea, skyless. I'm thinking along the lines of no feedneck option as there's just too many out there to boil down to one style for everyone, and an option for AGD detents for a little more. I too would like to stick to ULE body standards to keep it simple.

Thanks for the input, guys.

I would go with just the body and leave the detents and feednecks off as well...

It's too easy to pick those up anywhere else and alot already have extras. This would allow everyone to get their own color as well.

I'd do the Angel/Angel/Cocker thing same as the ULE as well..

YMMV,

DM

Gota have cocker barrel threads....feedneck threads...angel feednecks are getting harder to find...I would not mind Ion feedneck threads. It is hard to find super low lever clamping angel feednecks...

oh yeah...color has to be gloss black...

Well so far I have shot darn near 3 cases of paint out of it, and......................................

You'll have to wait till tomorrow when I can take it apart and check for wear. But no issues came up in the shooting of said paintballs.

Tune in tomorrow, same carbon fiber time, same carbon fiber channel!

My opinions on things.

CCM has a thread thats for CCM guns feednecks which is supposedly stronger than any others. I will check with them and see what they say. Angel threaded feednecks seem to be harder to find, anyone else have trouble finding them? Double detents or single, I dont think it really matters. Has anyone actually had a problem with only one detent? And again what is the availability of angel threaded detents?

Angel

Angel with Double Detents

3. What barrel threads?
    Cocker (I prefer Angel but cocker is the vast agreed upon threading)

No,... most people would change this anyways.

No to this as well. Anno dictates color of detents,.. Id save the cost and save some time with this step.

~ P8nt

PS: please put me in for a body

Motion P8nt!

More seriously when are we talking production here? Should there be a pre-order list?

Yeah I'm looking for another ANGEL feedneck for a marker and am having issues...

Maybe it would be better to run something newer with more options...

As for Barrel thread though.. I think AC is the majority of stuff out there... and detents?? Well... not sure about those either....

I'd say run what the most prominent out there is.

Sure it will change, but that will take time. The angel feeds are getting scarce. Not sure why really.

DM

If you go with non-ULE threading, people will not be able to get the body and just swap it out.

You kind of have that with the dual detents anyway, and it would be nice to have some feed neck choices even though CCM has been good enough. I would probably want a new feedneck anyway.

I don't see changing barrel threads from autococker though. There are way too many autococker barrels already in the closet to do any different.