Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Now showing! CF mag body!

Ok, got a quote back from my regular machinist and was a bit surprised at how much his quote was. I am going to get some quotes from some other places and see if the price can be brought down.

But for a very rough, ballpark estimate (and on the safe side of things), how many people would be interest in this body (without feedneck and detents, anodized for those who want it) for around $185? Is that too high, too low, just right? Let me know what you think!

Do you have pictures?
    Quote Originally Posted by warpedmephisto
    Ok, got a quote back from my regular machinist and was a bit surprised at how much his quote was. I am going to get some quotes from some other places and see if the price can be brought down.

But for a very rough, ballpark estimate (and on the safe side of things), how many people would be interest in this body (without feedneck and detents, anodized for those who want it) for around $185? Is that too high, too low, just right? Let me know what you think!

Look at the last two pics of the first post of this thread. That is what the body will look like.

$0.02

That does seem a bit high, considering that pariah bodys retailed for 180 and came with detents and feedneck. Not to hamper your idea/body designe but I would be just as tempted ,if not more, to buy one if it did not have the body milling and was just tube style like the prototype if it would drop the price considperably. Just my opinion.

I also liked the prototype vs the agreesive cut one. but would prolly buy either. 180 isnt that bad but you will loose a few people. not me though

$185 is a bit stip without balls detents if you ask me. That said it is still a good price for a unique design.

I am working on getting a quote from a few different machinists in order to work the price down some. I'd like to get down around the $150 mark, but we'll just have to wait and see how it turns out.

Alright, well tell me what you think about this idea.

Instead of using an entirely new machined breech, what about modding a ULE body to accept a CF sleeve like the prototype in the first post? Something like that would drop the cost a lot and people could use their existing ULE bodies but get a fresh new look. Options could be to just CF sleeve the body, or CF sleeve the body and do some type of cosmetic milling as well.

Whatcha think about that?

Alright, well tell me what you think about this idea.

Instead of using an entirely new machined breech, what about modding a ULE body to accept a CF sleeve like the prototype in the first post? Something like that would drop the cost a lot and people could use their existing ULE bodies but get a fresh new look. Options could be to just CF sleeve the body, or CF sleeve the body and do some type of cosmetic milling as well.

Whatcha think about that?

MEEE

Ya sounds good, I would want one with a second detent and cut to mm/am length. This is a great Idea.

Hmm... I think this is the better path to go down, for me at least and probably for everyone else interested. I've got some things brewing.... more to come!

-Andy

Is this going to be a supply your own body only, or do you have some to convert and sell?

rt mod

WOOOT i found it.........i was hunting for this thread.........

any chance ya want to make one of theres for the 1ST rt??

???????????????

anyone .....?

I would LOVE a vert feed body for my Classic RT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got some things in the works, but I don't want to spill the beans just yet. This week should prove to be promising though, and I should have some things to show off by next week.

pls let me see a VERT feed for the classic rt ...WOOOT>>>...

on edge........i wanna shoot my rt again////

lol SHOW ME STUFFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im down for a classic rt vert feed

curse my inpatients! im chompin at the bit for this.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

likewise......

let me assure you, the wait is well worth whatever comes out in the end. WM is a great craftsman who cares about his products/services.

Yes, there is more to be seen from this project in the future. Patience...

i want one ...lol

woot hope hope

So, it looks like the cat is out of the bag... when will there be a dealers thread?

I'm going on vacation next week, but after that (in about two weeks) I'll make a new thread in the Dealer's forum divulging all of the nitty gritty details. Long story short, yes I'll be doing CF body modifications throughout this summer.

I'm going on vacation next week, but after that (in about two weeks) I'll make a new thread in the Dealer's forum divulging all of the nitty gritty details. Long story short, yes I'll be doing CF body modifications throughout this summer.
    Take a well deserved break WM!!!! And yep... the cat is out.... Looks like they are indeed liked.... there are 1 or 2 more to be seen though...

DM

hey andy

looks great, let me know when i can buy one

still waiting on these ule diet rails

i'm interested getting a pariah cf sleeve'd. pm'd you last week but i didnt get a reply.. i know you busy just let me know if you can...

thanks