Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Now showing! CF mag body!

hey if you guys are still looking for people to do the milling work on the modded bodies hit up punkworks because they are going to start doing some custom work now
    check it out
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAdH93XpvxM

Skyless

Is that just a foregrip under your barrel or a 12 gram changer?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudz
    Skyless

I'm pretty sure it's a 12G changer man...

DM

Quote Originally Posted by Rudz
    Skyless

right now it's just a forgrip. It's a horrizontal Asa with a remote adapter, sleeved in 1"ID cf tubing. It's designed to fit a micro rock once zapthemad sends me my frame back. I had it setup with a 12g changer but got frusterated with the inconsistancy of 12gs and I wanted antichop, and my 12g changer would slowly leak when in game if I was not constantly keeping it torqued really tight.

The CF tube can rotate a bit now and then when shooting and cause the sear to snag now and then. So it's best to try and put a very light dab of fingernail polish or other sealing liquid on the lip and set the CF tube on and let it cure. It will still pull off if need be, but should otherwise stay in place.
    Why don't you just cut a notch in the front of the tube and leave a corresponding key in the lip so it can only be put on correctly and it won't rotate? It seems like a simple solution to a potentially annoying problem.

I second bbotts77's suggestion, I think a small notch and key would be worthwhile just to avoid that small issue. I don't think it would add too much to the final price but I could be wrong.

andy, got time for one more?

il send an email as well,know your busy

Quote Originally Posted by bbotts77
    Why don't you just cut a notch in the front of the tube and leave a corresponding key in the lip so it can only be put on correctly and it won't rotate? It seems like a simple solution to a potentially annoying problem.
    That is NOT a simple solution, machining the lip with a notch like that and notching the CF tube is WAAAAYYY more complicated than you think. The lip on the body is turned on a lathe, how do you propose to leave a notch on there? And ever try to cut CF? cutting a small notch like that would be tedious and hard, especially to make it look nice.. A tiny, tiny dab of Red or Blue Loc-tite does the trick, and is MUCH more simple.
    I have nothing good to put here...........

Long time, no update. For those still following this project, I have a little, ahem, something posted in the Dealer's Forum.