Thread: Can anyone answer a question about Luke's work?

Can anyone answer a question about Luke's work?

I have been playing with this mag for over a year now and love it. I was told when I bought it that the feed was modified by Luke at Luke's Customs. Can anyone verify that statement from a pic?

Here is my marker:

The feedneck has indeed been modified as its still a powerfeed left body (I think as I always have problems keeping that stuff straight) Looking from the players perspective, the feed hole in the body is on the right side. But now, it is a offset vertical feed.

Just wondering who did the mod and would that increase the value of the gun?

*Edit* - The marks on the feedneck are tape residue to keep the hopper from spinning.

That looks like his work all right.

That's Luke's work alright. As for increasing the value of the maker, that I can't answer.

Yea, that looks like one of my feed mods. For the most part I've done all of the installs, but over the years I have sold some for customer installs. I believe I've only seen one guy make his own from scratch, but that dosen't mean there isn't more.

Thanks for the info. I just didn't want to go around telling people that its a Luke's Custom job when it wasn't. I get asked that all the time about the feedneck when I take her out to play.

I'm still doing those if anyone is looking to get the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    I'm still doing those if anyone is looking to get the mod.
    If i can't work out a sleeve for my RT then if i can find a hopper left body i will definitely get it.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopay700
    If i can't work out a sleeve for my RT then if i can find a hopper left body i will definitely get it.
    Humm, got specs?

If I'm not mistaken, BradAGD used to to a mod similar to that. If so, there may be some of those floating around. It would be nice if he would confirm that himself....

Humm, got specs?
    Nope, all i know is i need a body like the one pictured above if i can't work out that aluminum sleeve so i can use a ULE body, which i need to buy before i even start the sleeve. The only thing is that i don't know that your mod would lower my hopper any.

Regardless of the feed mod, I can probably be talked into doing a run of sleeves to run the RT valve in a ULE body. I don't know what is involved at the moment because I don't have a RT valve to inspect.

Would this be a product people would be interested in ?

Regardless of the feed mod, I can probably be talked into doing a run of sleeves to run the RT valve in a ULE body. I don't know what is involved at the moment because I don't have a RT valve to inspect.

Would this be a product people would be interested in ?
    If you can make it slanted and look similar to the classic RT body then i would definitely be interested. If i had it with me i would take measurements for you. Raw or polished aluminum would be awesome, but right now i'm trying to con warped mephisto into making a special classic RT carbon fiber sleeve.

I would need the RT valve in hand to evaluate whether or not I would want to take on the project.

I would need the RT valve in hand to evaluate whether or not I would want to take on the project.
    Ah, i can't help you there, it's at home, and i need it until the 4th (well want it, whatever). Atech's thread might help you out, and i think that you can get away with it without milling the RT rail, because it makes sense that you shouldn't have to, but then again i have to get a ULE body to see. Also, i would want one more pleasing to the eye than his.

https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=234333

I would opine that luke's feedneck mod does increase the value of the body. I would certainly pay more for it.

I own a classic RT, and depending on the price of the sleeve, I would probably get one just because anything I made myself would look like crap. But I would definitely pay no more than $40. I'm not sure if that's high or low, just my opinion.

Ack! I've been thread jacked. LOL

Ah, well. Its all in the name of Automags, so its all good.

Glad to know that it is indeed a Luke mod. Just like to know the history of the marker I am shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked_Silence
    Ack! I've been thread jacked. LOL

Ah, well. Its all in the name of Automags, so its all good.

Glad to know that it is indeed a Luke mod. Just like to know the history of the marker I am shooting.
    Yar, tis true lad, we took your ship from you. We be sorry, but tis the code of pirates, no givesies backsies.

I demand parle.

I demand parle.
    Yarr, pirates do honor parley, but only when it be another pirate. You be no pirate lad.

Yes, but its not really a set of rules. More like a guideline.

And watch who yee be talkin' to, ya scurvy dog, I've keelhauled men for lesser mistakes.

It's only guidelines when there is no means of enforcing it.

Not suggesting the AO mod team to get involved however .

Yes, but its not really a set of rules. More like a guideline.

And watch who yee be talkin' to, ya scurvy dog, I've keelhauled men for lesser mistakes.
    Fine, ye want parley? I'll get ye me cap'n, though he's the meanest sonova youll evar see. AGD, some brine shrimp wants to talk ta ya!