Page 1 of 142 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Micromag 2009

Introducing the Micromag 2009

PLEASE READ EVERY WORD!!!

First of all I want to tell all of you how much I have enjoyed this project. It has taken a while, but I have had fun chatting with everyone. We got a lot of great input and the majority of you seemed to agree with the type of design that we had wanted to build including a very streamlined appearance. As I have said before we did take one design in particular as an inspiration for the new MicroMag 2009. There were a ton of really great ideas and we had to narrow it down to one. That design was submitted by Engus, and we have decided that we are going to give Engus his body for free. So congrats to you Engus!!

Now down to business!! PLEASE do not PM me. I do not have enough room in my PM box to support a lot of questions there. We have set up a new email address just for this project. It is micromag2009@proteamproducts.com. I would like to keep all emails for this project together. For basic questions you can just put it in this thread.

Cost for the Body Kit is $220. For tracking purposes we will ship everything via UPS Ground or Fex Ex Ground at a cost of $10.00. For anyone that absolutely has to have USPS shipping we will work with you.

We have decided to go with a better quality material for this body than the normal 6061 aluminum. We are using 7075 which has far superior properties – at a higher cost of course. The difference is like machining margarine in a tub (6061) versus a stick of hard butter (7075). 7075 is one of the highest strength aluminum alloys available. The grade that we will be using is as strong as most mild steels. It also anodizes with a better finish than 6061, although if you are planning on having it anodized yourself you will have to let your plater know that it is 7075.

Because of the new design requirements we will only be able to offer a proprietary vertical/ASA design. We plan to have both a vertical ASA and a vertical gadget grip available shortly after the bodies are finished. The MicroMag 2009 images here do show the optional vertical ASA. We will be posting a few more images to highlight some of the features later as well.

Pre-Order deposit is $100 per body, and I will keep pre-orders open for 2 to 3 weeks. We will do our best to start shipping product 4 to 6 weeks from the close of the pre-order period. For those of you who want more than one body we have decided to offer a 10% discount which will be deducted from the final payment. We accept PayPal which is ptppaypal@proteamproducts.com. We accept Visa, MC and Discover, or you can mail your deposit to us. Our mailing address is: 28 Stroudwater St, Suite 10, Westbrook, ME 04092. If using mail please let me know so I can watch for it and mark it on my list as coming via mail. Make sure you include your name and address along with your user name from the forums. We are available by phone at (207) 797-8200 from 10am to 5pm EST, Monday – Thursday. I check and answer email 7 days a week.

As for anodizing, we will offer dust/satin black, raw (which will need to come back to us for assembly) and we were thinking of possibly offering ONE other color… We have enough time to decide on that maybe you guys can come up some consensus on that (maybe someone wants to start a poll??). We are working with our anodizer to look at some other options that we are happy with.

Just a reminder, we will be basing the number of bodies that we build on what we receive for pre-order deposits. There may be a few available from an over-build, but nothing that we can count on.

Parts pricing
    Extra breech $60
    Extra fronts $50
    Vert ASA $20 raw $25 ano
    Gadget grip $20 raw $25 ano
    Strip and ano your 45 frame $35
    Strip and ano your frame and battery pack $55
    If you want your ASA double tapped $5
    10" Pro-Series Armson Barrel raw or dust black $30
    10" Pro-Series Armson Barrel gloss black or gloss gun metal grey $40
    Shorten sear pin $15

Anyone wanting 45 frames for their body... I have 20 single trigger and 6 Double trigger frames available for $50 single or $55 double whether it is anoed or not. comes with safety, trigger assembly. For anyone wanting raw frames I Have 10 single and 3 double that are raw polished.

Ano and pay list.....Edit, 09.12.10 1:00PM. CDT

http://home.comcast.net/~beemerone/M...t.09.12.10.xls

Edit to add...... FAQ link Post #652 here...https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...83#post2620783

Last edited by Tracy_ptp; 11-12-2010 at 03:49 PM.

taking one!

Absolutely friggin beautiful, can't wait! I LOVE that breach design too. My deposit will be on the way this week. And on a side note, I'm glad you went up to the higher grade aluminum.

I've already mentally assembled it, and I'm thinking my wife will kill if she sees the final bill this project is gonna set me back!
    Last edited by SN toter; 01-21-2009 at 02:48 PM.

Can't see pics yet, but I'm in.

PP'ing deposit now

Edit: and sent. First one paid = S/N 1, right?
    Last edited by Mayvik; 01-21-2009 at 02:53 PM.

WOOT! That's a pair of dimes shifting!

Is there enough meat in the front barrel receiver piece to support tapping in 2 rail mounting holes?

If so, you could slap a chunk of weaver rail there and attach a longbow mod
    Last edited by doc_Zox; 01-21-2009 at 03:10 PM.

awesome, worth the wait. Wish mt xmag had that breach design.

Dend78 is offline Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    oh yeah thats what im talkin about
    2k2 Angel LCD
    turbo trigger
    CP volumizer
    PIPE KIT

2k Angel CnC LCD
    Vert Frame
    Freak Barrel

B2k x-milled
    micro rock
    Dye sticky 3's
    vertical max-flo
    Edge barrel with blue J&J tip

Egg 2 y board
    Empire Reloader
    Dye Throttle 91/4500
    Crossfire 114ci/3000
    Angel Air Reg

One please, hmmm maybe two.

Awesome.

Darkspidie1984 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dend78
    oh yeah thats what im talkin about
    yay

suaze Guest
    that breach design is too cool!

Sweeet!!!!

Congratz to Engus for having the winning design .

I had to blend a few thing differently and add the rotating breach and front block section but it was based off of his body design ~ ~
    Last edited by ZoomZ@PTP; 01-21-2009 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by suaze
    that breach design is too cool!
    Thank you

That make it all worth it to me .

!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you tracy and ptp, this just made my years (08 and 09). This is like a dream come true, especially since i was worried I wouldnt even be able to buy one, let alone get a freebie.

what a surprise because I totally forgot about that body design. and the breech
    Last edited by Engus; 01-21-2009 at 03:10 PM. Reason: woooo yeaaa!

Emailed.

I definitely want one.

big congrats there Engus nice design ideas man!

Congrats Engus!!!!!!

DM

You'll have my deposit by the end of the month.

BADASS.

That's a "Wow!" design ......

Angel

i am in still for the two, will have deposits by end of the month.

Looks really good I may even pick one up.

BIG props and thanks to Den78 for getting the word out/interest going, keeping the list up to date, just all his hard work and detication in helping make this happen.

Seeing as how the breach design doesnt allow for a full 90 turn for lefties, was wondering if it is possible to get it drilled for a second detent?

Quote Originally Posted by C_losjoker
    BIG props and thanks to Den78 for getting the word out/interest going, keeping the list up to date, just all his hard work and detication in helping make this happen.

Big thanx

i owe some credit to muddshutter, for those of you that were here when it all started he had the idea and started this, made a couple bad decisions but the good one was letting me in on his idea, so thanks to him and the people at PTP this was able to happen

also sorry for all of the PM's guys if you were on the list you should have gotten one if not your gonna get one im still bustin hump messaging ppl

Quote Originally Posted by knightnight4u
    Seeing as how the breach design doesnt allow for a full 90 turn for lefties, was wondering if it is possible to get it drilled for a second detent?
    This is Forest - Russell and I discussed this while I was at the shop on Monday. Considering how tight everything is he had to play it safe to allow for proper clearances. Since we always try to please... he's trying to fit a second one in now.

Hey Tracy, I have a few questions.

1 -will this come with a feedneck and detent?
    2- how does the breech lock into place?
    3- is every part made from 7075?

Thanks in advance

I think the scenario/woodsball guys are going to love this.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil
    Hey Tracy, I have a few questions.

1 -will this come with a feedneck and detent?
    2- how does the breech lock into place?
    3- is every part made from 7075?
    1. Angel threaded feedneck angel/cocker type detent
    2. It is locked in by the front block
    3. Yes everything is 7075

I love the breech design! Looks good, very tight looking!

As far as the other color goes, perhaps just bead blasted raw alum....

I'll get in on the pre-order soon!

ok,

1. My intelliframe will mount right up to this thing?
    2. Is there an idea of how long before these will be ready? or like most of the other projects around here, no idea and probably a year or more?

oops, DISREGARD number 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Hgblues
    ok,

1. My intelliframe will mount right up to this thing?
    2. Is there an idea of how long before these will be ready? or like most of the other projects around here, no idea and probably a year or more?

Intelliframe should mount no problem. And please go back and read the letter!!!! All the details are there. We are gearing up right now.