Page 3 of 142 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Micromag 2009

Quote Originally Posted by dark blade
    hmm... so we need to find a way to get the ACE to work now
    Yes, Dend78 and I have been discussing this. and Forest looked at it. The eye is the problem. Maybe someone can come up with a wizbang idea!!

The extra color needs to match my red X valve...

if you wnat you could just cut a speical breech that isnt rotatable that has a hole in the bottum.

So my first reaction to this is: if we do the 100 deposit we are FOR SURE getting a QUALITY product?

Too many scams on AO over the years.
    Not trying to knock you down, but I just want to make sure I will get a shiny piece of metal in the mail if I go through with this.

Secondly,
    If we choose to get it raw, what do you mean it will have to go back to you for assembly?
    My gut instinct would be go with raw cuz then its easier to anno, right?

Thanks,
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by jtwusaf
    So my first reaction to this is: if we do the 100 deposit we are FOR SURE getting a QUALITY product?

Not trying to knock you down, but I just want to make sure I will get a shiny piece of metal in the mail if I go through with this.

Secondly,
    If we choose to get it raw, what do you mean it will have to go back to you for assembly?

Thanks,
    Jason
    Just so you understand. PTP has been in the industry for more than 17 years. Every product we ever made has been good quality, that is why the guys here like us so much. If you want to get it annoed yourself is fine but we prefer to do the assembly to make sure every one that goes out the door is done correctly and is in working order!!.

THANKS PTP

I ALWAYS knew that this would come, eventually.

I'll take three bodies, two black and one whatever color is the alternative choice

Payment has been made in full
    Last edited by micromag-man; 01-21-2009 at 05:48 PM.

is there any plans of ul'ing the bottum?

Quote Originally Posted by jtwusaf

Secondly,

Thanks,
    Jason

PTP was outstanding to deal with back when we used their warp feed products in 2000. They answer their phones and even next day aired us some parts we needed the day before a tourney. This isn't some "shade tree" machinist trying to make an extra buck with an idea. Pro Team has the reputation and experience to produce quality, on time. I've never heard anything contrary.

I'd send my money now, but waiting to see how many I wanna order.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruler_Mark
    if you wnat you could just cut a speical breech that isnt rotatable that has a hole in the bottum.

Anything is possible. It's all about design/development and machine time. With a large enough run of anything we can amortize the cost as we are doing with the Micro 2009. If we are only building 5 or 10 of a single part the cost shoots through the roof. The only saving grace with a slightly different breech is that we will already have the design for a portion of it. We can look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy_ptp
    Anything is possible. It's all about design/development and machine time. With a large enough run of anything we can amortize the cost as we are doing with the Micro 2009. If we are only building 5 or 10 of a single part the cost shoots through the roof. The only saving grace with a slightly different breech is that we will already have the design for a portion of it. We can look at it.

true indeed.

The special color, could we mail in parts to go with the body for a matching anno?

um... well... i think the eye can be solved by putting a small "pipe" like piece that is part of under the breech. it would need to be the perfect length so that when the breech is rotated it would fit all feed methods. This would also give a reason to ULE the bottom of it and drill a hole into the body for the ACE. You could also just put 3 hols in the body (assuming you will do a warp right, warp left, and vert feed possibility) and make it so that you have the hole roundedvery slightly inside the body so that there are no edges for the ball to catch on. This is just an idea though... lets see what others things

Talking

BEAUTIFULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the one other color option, I'd like to suggest that it's either Green (I'd love a dust green one) or Gun Metal Grey.

How about assembling a poll with some color options? You could leave it open for voting for the same period allowed for deposits and start production knowing what color to anodize the bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruler_Mark
    true indeed.

The special color, could we mail in parts to go with the body for a matching anno?
    Let's see what we come up with first and go from there. Anything is possible!!

Quote Originally Posted by mpsd
    BEAUTIFULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the one other color option, I'd like to suggest that it's either Green (I'd love a dust green one) or Gun Metal Grey.

Forest has been talking about gun metal grey.

this problem with the eye is going to trouble me... ill send the payment for the pre-order right now... lets see if we can figure out a solution for the ACE

deposit sent for one body

Quote Originally Posted by dark blade
    this problem with the eye is going to trouble me... ill send the payment for the pre-order right now... lets see if we can figure out a solution for the ACE
    I think somehow, someway we will get it worked out!!

sounds great... pre-order payment sent... oh how i would oh so love to have s/n 13

Dend78 is offline Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    only problem is the breach will look like swiss cheese if you start doing that
    2k2 Angel LCD
    turbo trigger
    CP volumizer
    PIPE KIT

2k Angel CnC LCD
    Vert Frame
    Freak Barrel

B2k x-milled
    micro rock
    Dye sticky 3's
    vertical max-flo
    Edge barrel with blue J&J tip

Egg 2 y board
    Empire Reloader
    Dye Throttle 91/4500
    Crossfire 114ci/3000
    Angel Air Reg

I think somehow, someway we will get it worked out!!
    Let me do a small suggestion that would probably work well for e-Mag aces:

- What if you drill a second ball detent on the other side of the breach and a third one in it's bottom side? That hole would be large enough to let the e-Mag eye go through it and that design would allow you to have a second ball detent working when the feed is facing the upper side of the body. If you turn the feed to the left, you'd also have two working detents, one on the top, one on the oposing side and the same thing if you turn it to the right. The only possible problem would be that the eye would be a little forward of the ball in the breech. If this compromises the eye funtionality, you could do a small aluminum cap that'd be held in place by the ball detent and would allow you to place the eye a little back from it.
    - This second solution (with the aluminum cap) would also allow for a wired eye to work as well.

I don't know if it's "doable" but seems to be, without many mods to the breach design and it would also preserve it's "twisting" capabilities.

ya... well the only other way to solve the problem of multiple eye holes is to make it come with 2 breeches instead of 1 rotatable breech

Essentially you would have to order either a w/l or w/r breech with the vert breech and that would allow for solving of the problem with the detent holes and the eye holes. This would just mean that the price would go up.

this would make it an xmag style though... not that i have a problem with xmags

i like the post above my last one.. that one works well... we should start a micromag 2009 ACE solution thread.

i will start one over in the tech section

Anyone know if this will fit the emag lower perfectly? If it does, what will happen to that asa piece? Just remove it?

Thanks

Hummmm...still debating...

One thing I wanted to do is use a warp feed on it, only problem is that I'm left handed. A lot of people are left handed. I would want it to be warp right. If I read the previous posts correctly, with the detent on the right you just can't do that, correct?

Don' ask questions. It is considered "trolling" in some locations.
    my level 10 worked wonderfully on my xmag. I never used the ace. IMO it is not worth wasting time on.

A few questions:

-What length are the bodies. I just read the whole thread, and did not see that spec.

-How tall are the bodies? IE will I need an odd sized on/off pin and that spacer between my body and emag lowers to get it to work correctly?

- What method of a steel retainer are you using for the breech. Are you using an AGD ss washer with c clip, an Xmag type screw in, or a PTP Micromag 2000 Press fit washer? (Please be the first one)

-What is the width of the front of the body (where the asa goes) is it the standard ~ 1" or is it wider/narrower?

- Are you having the same person/company anno these as your other PTP products? The reason I ask is I would possibly like to get a raw one sent in to match my golden MicroE, and would want the colors to be close.

The body looks good.
    IMO the best color to anno them is gloss black, but thats just my .02

Deposit sent. My money be where my mouth is.

Slime green and black splash would also make me very happy.

I just crapped my pants.

Great work from muddshutter to Dend78 to Engus to all at PTP. I can't wait to get this thing.

Deposit sent. Hopefully wife won't find out.

just made a poll for the special ano with some of the colors i had seen here in the thread that had shown some interest

https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=239135

theres the link or you can just check it in the paintball talk section

EVERYONE WHO PUT IN A PAYMENT... QUICK, PLEASE GO VOTE! or we will have to send the vote to the electoral college to choose (the electoral college includes all members or ptp's company)
    Last edited by dark blade; 01-21-2009 at 06:50 PM.

Wings won't work, but if you have a Dremel handy...

SON! PLEASE PUT DOWN THE DREMEL, AND SLOWLEY BACK AWAY!

I'm cool with just satin (or gloss) black, but I'm surprised no one said either nickel, or dust clear for that "stormtrooper" look...