Page 4 of 142 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Micromag 2009

Dend78 is offline Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by luke

SON! PLEASE PUT DOWN THE DREMEL, AND SLOWLEY BACK AWAY!

BAHAHAHAHAHAH i knew you would have something to say about that get em Luke!!!
    2k2 Angel LCD
    turbo trigger
    CP volumizer
    PIPE KIT

2k Angel CnC LCD
    Vert Frame
    Freak Barrel

B2k x-milled
    micro rock
    Dye sticky 3's
    vertical max-flo
    Edge barrel with blue J&J tip

Egg 2 y board
    Empire Reloader
    Dye Throttle 91/4500
    Crossfire 114ci/3000
    Angel Air Reg

i want my ACe to work its not fair

Quote Originally Posted by Jaan
    Hummmm...still debating...

One thing I wanted to do is use a warp feed on it, only problem is that I'm left handed. A lot of people are left handed. I would want it to be warp right. If I read the previous posts correctly, with the detent on the right you just can't do that, correct?
    Just let us know if you are a left-handed user and we will make sure you have a left-handed breech. We will need to be sure that we have a final tally of lefties before we start the build - but no problem.

there is no way that the detent would screw in enough to clear the bottom when rotated to the warp right?

the new kila detents are suppose to be lower profile... maybe you guys could team up with them and get a slight discount and just raise the price accordingly

i wouldnt mind having a kil detent at all

I would think it would be a fairly simple matter (assuming the detents are going to be threaded, not like the old Micromags), to have detent holes at the 3 locations around the breech (left, right, center), and then ship the mags with one detent. Then have plugs included to fill the unneeded holes. (the plugs would sit flush or nearly flush with the breech). Want warp left? Put the detent in the right position, rotate the breech. Want warp right? take the detent out, and swap it with the plug that was on the left side of the body. Then rotate the breech right. Want ACE? Leave the center bottom plug out (I'm fuzzy on this, I have no idea how ACE works).

The problem with this of course, is the creation of the plug part.. I'm imagining this whole idea with 1/8" NPT plugs in my mind's eye, but that's not the correct threading for any industry standard detents, I'm sure, and I'm not sure any of the standard threadings also have a supply of plugs in those dimensions. Which would unfortunately mean another part to machine.

Lo

deposit sent!
    thanks for PM, Dend.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomarandil
    I would think it would be a fairly simple matter (assuming the detents are going to be threaded, not like the old Micromags), to have detent holes at the 3 locations around the breech (left, right, center), and then ship the mags with one detent. Then have plugs included to fill the unneeded holes. (the plugs would sit flush or nearly flush with the breech). Want warp left? Put the detent in the right position, rotate the breech. Want warp right? take the detent out, and swap it with the plug that was on the left side of the body. Then rotate the breech right. Want ACE? Leave the center bottom plug out (I'm fuzzy on this, I have no idea how ACE works).

The problem with this of course, is the creation of the plug part.. I'm imagining this whole idea with 1/8" NPT plugs in my mind's eye, but that's not the correct threading for any industry standard detents, I'm sure, and I'm not sure any of the standard threadings also have a supply of plugs in those dimensions. Which would unfortunately mean another part to machine.

Lo
    Good idea right there.

the only problem with the bottom plug being left out for the ACE is that the detent is in front of the ball... the eye is suppose to be right below it in the breech.

there would need to be an extra hold in the body

Just a few questions:
    1) Would you ship to Canada? If so can you use USPS Priority instead of UPS?
    2) What the rought weight (in grams) of the body? Just to know

Out of curiosity what the point of having a movable breach?

Good point, the ACE couldn't look through the detent hole, in all likelyhood.

From what I see, the moveable breech allows you to use your mag in a warp configuration, vertical, and possibly even powerfeed/right/left hand feed.. although I'm not certain of that last bit.

Lo

Quote Originally Posted by ezcreation
    Just a few questions:
    1) Would you ship to Canada? If so can you use USPS Priority instead of UPS?
    2) What the rought weight (in grams) of the body? Just to know

Out of curiosity what the point of having a movable breach?
    Yes we can ship to Canada and use USPS. I really wont know the actual weight until after it is built. between 1 to 2 lbs.

I can't find it above or in the design thread...

Is there a z-slot for for the reg pin?

And I guess the underside of the front piece is cut in an oval so that it can sit over the asa mount and slide into the breach?

1 or 2 pounds? DANNGGG thats heavy... we are definitely going to need to ULE the CRAP out of this thing after we get them teehee... unless some of you like the heavy feeling.

I personally would not enjoy it too much

curious comment about the design... what is the feedneck going to be like?

is it going to be like the feedneck coming off of the current warp bodies and a sleeve that goes over it to make it clamping in the vertical position? or is it going to be 2 different feednecks we have to replace?

i am curious as to how that would work. Also... i am curious as to if the bottom of the breech with be flat milled like the sides so that it looks uniform when in warp mode or if its rounded.

Also... how this is the "blocky" look on the side going to be? could some crazy milling be done to it to remove a good amount of weight from it?

Quote Originally Posted by dark blade
    1 or 2 pounds? DANNGGG thats heavy... we are definitely going to need to ULE the CRAP out of this thing after we get them teehee... unless some of you like the heavy feeling.

I personally would not enjoy it too much
    Hey!!! I am guesstamating!!!! Using new material that I am not familiar with and such. We can see what the final outcome is when we get it finished. It's always better to overestimate than underestimate!!!

no complaints just MAKE IT FORESST LOL

true true... good thing im a ninja and could dodge all those bullets you just shot at me i dont want to get shot and killed before i get to get ahold of one of these and do some crrrraaazyyyy stuff to it.

But i would personally prefer the top corners of the breech to be milled like the back part of the body and the front part... i just think it would look better than curving up to a blocky design

Tracy, will you guys run a prototype batch before the big run? I'm asking this because it'd allow you to test it "in real life", try out some different solutions for the eyes thing and answer some questions, as well as provide us with more "drooling material" LOL

im thinking this is a good idea... just 2-3 bodies so that there can be a solution and test fittings... i am curious as to how much we will be able to mill this body.

i personally bought the body for the breech feature, not for the looks. Im actually not a fan of the looks at all (runs away screaming blody murder)

PLEASE DONT ATTACK ME!!! I LIKE TACTICAL THINGS AND WEAVER RAILS!!!!! (hiding mode)

EVERYONE PLEASE READ

Tracy informed me that there were some people requesting serial numbers and what not, there is a problem, the interest list is also the first come first serve list. So starting from the top we will work our way down. I have PM'ed everyone on the list aside from like 10 ppl which i will get to tomorrow. So here is how it works if you are on the list and want a body you will get the number you are on the list, also which i will fix tomorrow because I found some errors which I made on it. If someone has a spot and says they do not want one the next person in line moves up the list. One thing i need to work out with Tracy is any person that stated they wanted two bodies on the list which I have beside their SN's I believe will get consecutive numbers, again i need to work that out with Tracy. If a person has no number by their name that means they were down for one, and if they like it and want to make it two they will take a later spot in line. Again thats something I need to work out with Tracy as well. There is only one acception that I know of that we are making to the numbers and Tracy and I have already spoken about that. Those that have just jumped in and said they do want one will be added to the list in the time they were recieved.

If you are wondering where this little rule or whatever you wanna call it came from it was in the original list thread I do believe, if its not it was something Tracy and I orignally discussed. Hopefully this doesnt piss in anyones cornflakes but thats what Tracy and I have agreed on to eliminate confusion of who gets what number.

Dend78

true true... good thing im a ninja and could dodge all those bullets you just shot at me i dont want to get shot and killed before i get to get ahold of one of these and do some crrrraaazyyyy stuff to it.

But i would personally prefer the top corners of the breech to be milled like the back part of the body and the front part... i just think it would look better than curving up to a blocky design

Forest says just get out your darn DREMEL and take off as much weight as you want...

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy_ptp
    Forest says just get out your darn DREMEL and take off as much weight as you want...

OH NO NOT THE DREMEL AGAIN

haha im actually good with metal work... i just dont have the tools to do high quality CNC type stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Dend78
    EVERYONE PLEASE READ

Tracy informed me that there were some people requesting serial numbers and what not, there is a problem, the interest list is also the first come first serve list. So starting from the top we will work our way down. I have PM'ed everyone on the list aside from like 10 ppl which i will get to tomorrow. So here is how it works if you are on the list and want a body you will get the number you are on the list, also which i will fix tomorrow because I found some errors which I made on it. If someone has a spot and says they do not want one the next person in line moves up the list. One thing i need to work out with Tracy is any person that stated they wanted two bodies on the list which I have beside their SN's I believe will get consecutive numbers, again i need to work that out with Tracy. If a person has no number by their name that means they were down for one, and if they like it and want to make it two they will take a later spot in line. Again thats something I need to work out with Tracy as well. There is only one acception that I know of that we are making to the numbers and Tracy and I have already spoken about that. Those that have just jumped in and said they do want one will be added to the list in the time they were recieved.

If you are wondering where this little rule or whatever you wanna call it came from it was in the original list thread I do believe, if its not it was something Tracy and I orignally discussed. Hopefully this doesnt piss in anyones cornflakes but thats what Tracy and I have agreed on to eliminate confusion of who gets what number.

Dend78
    sounds fair to me.

Quote Originally Posted by mpsd
    Tracy, will you guys run a prototype batch before the big run? I'm asking this because it'd allow you to test it "in real life", try out some different solutions for the eyes thing and answer some questions, as well as provide us with more "drooling material" LOL
    There is going to be a prototype made!!! We are going to get it into the hands of RRFireblade to help us test it out and get input back. I know not everyone knows who he is, but he is a great mag guy and he also used to work for us, he has great ideas and if we need to make a change we would trust his judgement.

i vote for a dust grey, PTP dust green, or blue.

i vote for a dust grey, PTP dust green, or blue.

sounds great... pre-order payment sent... oh how i would oh so love to have s/n 13
    one purpose of the original list (which i did not see you name on) was s/n's.

edit: i see dend attended to this subject above.
    Last edited by Engus; 01-21-2009 at 08:42 PM.

ya, i was just explained that by 4 people in about 10 minutes haha. I am seeing if i can trade spots with the person on the list because i really need that spot... my gf and i just got engaged and we met on the 13th and i told her that i would do something to make her permanently on my mind and paintball gun (shes jealous of my mag)

so thought that getting the s/n 13 would show a true effort to getting something special on my marker

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy_ptp
    Hey!!! I am guesstamating!!!! Using new material that I am not familiar with and such. We can see what the final outcome is when we get it finished. It's always better to overestimate than underestimate!!!
    For what it's worth, the density difference between 6061 and 7075 is in the third decimal place in pounds per cubic inch. In order to weigh 2lb, you'd be looking at a solid 1.9" square block 10" long...so there's no way the body will weigh that. I can't imagine these weighing much more than a MM 2000 body, which is not very heavy at all...if anything probably a bit less. I'm betting the body comes in around 9-10 ounces.