Page 101 of 142 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,030 of 4245

Thread: Introducing the Micromag 2009

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden
    Dude, what's your paypal?
    I just tried to send a little something - no PayPal account - LK let us know if we can help out a bit. Geez man, we have to keep you around to see what you come up with for MM2k9 mods you know - and don't forget the upcoming MM2k11 that should be available by 2015 - that will need some work as well...

Is there anybody close to this guy with a PayPal account and can be trusted? That could work....just sayin'...

Maybe we should harass some of the people he's bought from (can't find any f/s threads) for a paypal address?

Unhappy

Give me a bit.
    I PM'ed a mod on another forum that lives near him.
    He was offline when I PM'd him about an hour ago.
    If he has a Paypal account, and will bring LK the $, I will
    post a Paypal (or PM everyone if he prefers) and his nickname and forum he mods.
    He's not responding so it may be tomorrow.

I left a message on the phone number I had for him. Hopefully he will call me back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zondo
    x3

LK, what do you need?

EDIT:
    So this flies in the face of all my friends who are in favor of Obama care telling me that the Canadian Health Care system is a model.
    the Canadian Health Care System was great... 25 years ago.
    Before corrupt politicians lined their pockets with $10 Billion dollars from the health care systems coffers.

Thank you everyone for worrying about me.

and yes Tracy the number is correct.
    I was in the little paintballer's room
    I see the surgeon tomorrow at 2:30 and I'm going to try to get enough meds out of the hospital as he can get his hands on!
    I've already given away my DE-Activated American Pineapple Grenade so I wont be tempted to take the place hostage with a cool looking lump of Steel. and get shot by our trigger happy cops.

call it pride but people, I'm not going to go taking money to solve this.
    the system is broken and needs to be fixed;
    In the event that I do loose my arm;
    everyone needs to make sure the story goes viral!
    but for now, I must sit and wait, tomorrow may find the answers I need.

This Battle has been fought since Sept. 29, 1988 at approximately 5:25pm.
    that is when a woman driving a van with 9 people in it and a load of apples made an illegal left turn and I customized her van using my Motorcycle.
    This Sept. 29, 2010 will be exactly 22 years since this person robbed me of just about everything life has to offer.
    I have rebuilt several times so far, and if I have to I'll rebuild again... single handed if that is how it works out.

it's actually amazing I've actually kept my wits about me, I haven't gone nutz yet...
    you would think that after eating 2 giraffes the government would require you to take harmonica lessons so the pasta would keep flowing over the summer camp.......

err...
    something like that......
    hmmmmmmmmm........ Oxycodone HCL/ACET A5/325 is my friend!
    presently I'm on 3 of them... used to cost me a small fortune to feel this goofy.
    it's the first time in 22 years I can't feel the phantom pain... at least not like I do normally.

on the bright side,
    you guys aren't so concerned with a missed deadline anymore are you?

well if you do loose your hand you should get an attachment to have a perma fixed gun interchangeable to a mag for pb purposes.

Good to hear you are still keeping your head up high. good luck tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by LK-13

call it pride but people, I'm not going to go taking money to solve this.
    You're going to need some money for antibiotics, Im glad to give it to you, or you can consider it as an advance on working on one of my guns.

The last thing I want to see is somebody loose an arm over a bs bureaucracy.

if it comes down to it that I need to borrow cash, I'm reasonably sure that CaptianSid from www.operationmilsim.ca will be able to front me a few bucks against future builds.

hadn't even considered that until going home said he messaged someone on another forum that lives close to me...

thank you for offering to help me out though.
    it's funny how complete strangers, only text and images on monitors will stop to help out one of their own;
    know them personally or not, doesn't seem to matter.

this is why I play paintball.

someday I should tell you what my "FRIENDS" and my "BRIDE TO BE" did while I was in a coma after my motorcycle crash.
    it involves sex, lies and video tape.
    Last edited by LK-13; 09-14-2010 at 10:24 PM.

LK-13 Do NOT take any chances with this wound, please understand we went through something similar with Forest a couple years back which is why we moved back to Maine. So if you need any kind of assistances whatsoever you need to say so!!!! swallow any pride and let us help!!! We all care!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy_ptp
    LK-13 Do NOT take any chances with this wound, please understand we went through something similar with Forest a couple years back which is why we moved back to Maine. So if you need any kind of assistances whatsoever you need to say so!!!! swallow any pride and let us help!!! We all care!!

dude totally agree, pride/ bull headed, what ever you want to call it, not worth loosing your hand when you have people willing to help. if need be think of it as a downpayment on the goodies you will be shipping us later down the road, but yeah first thing first, lets get you fixed up and the meds you need. we want you to keep playing paintball, and making mods and if all possible with both hands, so if we can help, let us. look at this way, you will be letting us be selfish by feeling good that we were able to help one of our fellow players, even if it is sending you couple bucks, or even the jar of coins i have on my dresser. and who knows, maybe it will be one more little positive act in our account when we are infront of the pearly gates.

I'll send you one of my PB guns to polish - can I prepay? Original PGP.

"There is no truly unselfish act." - Someone wiser than me.

So, we would all like to chip in and help out to make ourselves feel better. Don't deprive us of that

Can i just say, YUCK......... I hope that gets better, cause it looks yucko....I'd pay some cash just so that i don't have to see those ucky photos on this thread anymore AND i mean that in the nicest way possible....
    Last edited by micromag-man; 09-15-2010 at 08:14 AM.

Let us help you. We want you to still have both hands to work on our projects

I think it's a better story that a consortium of people from a fanatical sport who only know you online pitched in to save your hand from being amputated.

again thank you so much everyone for offering to help;
    I have been in contact with CaptianSid of www.operationmilsim.com about my situation and he will be helping me out covering the costs of the meds I need.

Thank you all for proving once again that Paintball Players are a cut above.

the crisis has been averted for the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest_ptp
    Geez man, we have to keep you around to see what you come up with for MM2k9 mods you know - and don't forget the upcoming MM2k11 that should be available by 2015 - that will need some work as well...
    now back on topic;
    Forest,
    after making that remark...
    are you sure you want to fall asleep when Tracy is in the room?
    Stuff could end up happening to you...
    remember the name Bobbit......

as for my projects...
    I need to find a cad/cam shop that is willing to do small batch lots...

can you say magazine fed Automag body that fits the inletting of a 10/22 rifle stock perfectly...

Wink

again thank you so much everyone for offering to help;
    I have been in contact with CaptianSid of www.operationmilsim.com about my situation and he will be helping me out covering the costs of the meds I need.

Thank you all for proving once again that Paintball Players are a cut above.

the crisis has been averted for the moment.

Well I'm certainly glad that worked out.
    The guy I PM'd on another forum hasnt been online since before I PM'd him.
    Oh well, alls well that ends well.

Life is good.
    All is well.

as things get even stranger...
    I'm now taking enough pills I should rattle as I walk.
    According to the Surgeon,
    the wound is supposed to be draining and spitting out those big chunks of coagulated schmutz. Although mine is draining more than expected.
    The skin around the drain holes he said has become macerated because of being wet for too long.
    in short the dressings were not being changed often enough;
    or the dressing material was not adsorbent enough or a combination of the 2.

now the entire back of my hand has a layer of surgical packing under my skin.
    picture a pillow in a pillow case,
    well the skin of the back of my hand is the pillow case and through the hole in said pillow case a layer of stuffing has been pushed in between the case and the pillow.
    (pillow being muscle, bone, tendons and so on)

so all except for the infections that I needed the antibiotics for, everything is progressing as it should be.........

You would think the Surgeon could have briefed me on what to expect so I wouldn't get myself all bent out of shape about it.
    particularly after the close call we had with Dr.Quackenstien in early August!

now a local Nursing clinic will be changing the packing & dressings on a scheduled basis.
    beginning when they call me tomorrow.

Anyone know if Patch Adams is still taking patients? I could sure use the laughs!

That whole packing thing sux. Hope it starts looking better over the next week.

Oxygen recompression therapy

We see open wounds often and are required to provide a chamber. The US Navy dive manual lists it as a treatment table 9, also known as an HBO treatment. This allows for nearly 300% oxygen at depth. We see amazing results often with open wounds. I am calling it open due to the dead tissue seen that is turning white. Does it stink yet?

Quote Originally Posted by DEEPSEA
    We see open wounds often and are required to provide a chamber. The US Navy dive manual lists it as a treatment table 9, also known as an HBO treatment. This allows for nearly 300% oxygen at depth. We see amazing results often with open wounds. I am calling it open due to the dead tissue seen that is turning white. Does it stink yet?
    Seen a few fairly nasty wounds myself. It's going to be a while and likely will hurt a bit more before it hurts less. With that being said though I've seen open wounds bigger than a softball that expose bone heal back fully, theres amazing things that can be done to help such as HBO's and Wound vac's. You may want to inquire about both treatments- hopefully you'll be back playing at the big games come spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Drix
    Seen a few fairly nasty wounds myself. It's going to be a while and likely will hurt a bit more before it hurts less. With that being said though I've seen open wounds bigger than a softball that expose bone heal back fully, theres amazing things that can be done to help such as HBO's and Wound vac's. You may want to inquire about both treatments- hopefully you'll be back playing at the big games come spring.
    funny thing,
    I have no sensation in my left forearm and hand.
    What that means is that from my motorcycle crash back in 1988 my left forearm and hand can not feel any external stimulus.
    Touch my hand, I don't feel it.
    Pour water on my hand, I don't feel it.
    Shove a knife through my hand, I don't feel it.
    set my hand on a red hot stove, I do't feel it.

but,
    damage to the tissue or bones over time does begin to ache as the nerves slowly react to the physical changes to the tissue or bones shape/structure.
    so cutting a chunk out will slowly begin to ache over the first few hours then take a year or more to stop aching.

add to this the Phantom Pain I have and do live with since Sept. 1988 and life is just a barrel of laughs.
    My left forearm and hand are telling me that it is being crushed by a 500lbs weight.
    24/7 365, it never stops, never goes away, sometimes gets worse, and has been there since Sept. 29, 1988. so 22 years exactly on the 29th of this month.
    The reason I know it's a 500lbs weight is I actually had a 500lbs casting sandwich my hands between it and the lathe bed back in the day.
    and there is nothing that can be done about it.

here's the amazing part, I take nothing for it.
    I've trained myself to ignore the pain.
    his is why I can and have fallen asleep while being tattooed.

Quote Originally Posted by DEEPSEA

HBO?

you guys use pay per view cable TV to heal wounds?

we have a chamber here in town, but I haven't got the $$$$ to pay for it.
    it isn't covered by our health care system.
    unless it's for something dive related like the bends.

if it's the necessary or only treatment option it's OK and covered;
    if it's something that if used can be beneficial but the injury will recover with out it just as well it's not covered kind of thing.

as for my projects...
    I need to find a cad/cam shop that is willing to do small batch lots...

can you say magazine fed Automag body that fits the inletting of a 10/22 rifle stock perfectly...

BTW,
    I've emailed Tom Kaye about my projects and body design because I didn't want to step into an area that he may have patent protected or something like that;
    TK said that he thinks my projects sound cool and wished my luck.

It's nice to know that you have the big guys blessing when working on this kind of thing...

Tracy,
    think your people might be able to do 13 unit batch lots once I get the design locked down?

Tracy,
    think your people might be able to do 13 unit batch lots once I get the design locked down?

I can say right now impossible, We have the 1st of the 3 military contracts hit the floor. 500 (I think might be more) grenade lanuchers, then we have 100 IED Mine simulators to make, and about 250+ Armson sights. And anything else that might come up in the next 4 weeks. So it will depend on the time frame, This time of year tends to be our busiest because this is when the military puts in their orders.

funny thing,
    I have no sensation in my left forearm and hand.
    What that means is that from my motorcycle crash back in 1988 my left forearm and hand can not feel any external stimulus.
    Touch my hand, I don't feel it.
    Pour water on my hand, I don't feel it.
    Shove a knife through my hand, I don't feel it.
    set my hand on a red hot stove, I do't feel it.

but,
    damage to the tissue or bones over time does begin to ache as the nerves slowly react to the physical changes to the tissue or bones shape/structure.
    so cutting a chunk out will slowly begin to ache over the first few hours then take a year or more to stop aching.

add to this the Phantom Pain I have and do live with since Sept. 1988 and life is just a barrel of laughs.
    My left forearm and hand are telling me that it is being crushed by a 500lbs weight.
    24/7 365, it never stops, never goes away, sometimes gets worse, and has been there since Sept. 29, 1988. so 22 years exactly on the 29th of this month.
    The reason I know it's a 500lbs weight is I actually had a 500lbs casting sandwich my hands between it and the lathe bed back in the day.
    and there is nothing that can be done about it.

here's the amazing part, I take nothing for it.
    I've trained myself to ignore the pain.
    his is why I can and have fallen asleep while being tattooed.

Have you ever heard of, or tried, mirror box therapy? I've only ever heard of it being used with missing limbs, but I don't see any reason you couldn't try it. The basic idea is that you build a box that has a mirror on the side and stick your injured hand inside it. The effect is that you see your free hand, and a mirror image of it that appears in exactly the same spot as the one hidden by the box. You're supposed to do some exercises to help relieve the phantom pain and the visual feedback tells your brain that both hands are working correctly.

You could do this yourself for free if you've got a box and a mirror laying around. This is what it looks like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNanQtMBwys

HBO?

you guys use pay per view cable TV to heal wounds?

we have a chamber here in town, but I haven't got the $$$$ to pay for it.
    it isn't covered by our health care system.
    unless it's for something dive related like the bends.

if it's the necessary or only treatment option it's OK and covered;
    if it's something that if used can be beneficial but the injury will recover with out it just as well it's not covered kind of thing.
    I run a chamber in san diego, come see me.....