Page 102 of 142 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,060 of 4245

Thread: Introducing the Micromag 2009

Quote Originally Posted by factoid
    Have you ever heard of, or tried, mirror box therapy? I've only ever heard of it being used with missing limbs, but I don't see any reason you couldn't try it. The basic idea is that you build a box that has a mirror on the side and stick your injured hand inside it. The effect is that you see your free hand, and a mirror image of it that appears in exactly the same spot as the one hidden by the box. You're supposed to do some exercises to help relieve the phantom pain and the visual feedback tells your brain that both hands are working correctly.

You could do this yourself for free if you've got a box and a mirror laying around. This is what it looks like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNanQtMBwys
    Funny, I was going to reccomend the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DEEPSEA
    I run a chamber in san diego, come see me.....
    San Diego is a real long walk from St.Catharines, Ontario, Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by LK-13
    HBO?

you guys use pay per view cable TV to heal wounds?

we have a chamber here in town, but I haven't got the $$$$ to pay for it.
    it isn't covered by our health care system.
    unless it's for something dive related like the bends.

if it's the necessary or only treatment option it's OK and covered;
    if it's something that if used can be beneficial but the injury will recover with out it just as well it's not covered kind of thing.
    So go for a triple tank dive, get narc'd, and voila you're covered...

Ok Gang....this is it. I am leaving in the morning to sort parts. If for some reason you need to get in touch with me about your order I will be at the shop from 2 pm EST till who knows when, then Sunday from around 9 am till I finish. Call me there 407-321-5133!!!!! This is last call!!!!!!

Awesome!

it's taken 6 months to get my hand treated,
    how long do you guys think I would be kept waiting for the "Bends"
    particularly considering I'm not Dive certified and have never been diving in my life.

I got a mild case of trench foot and jungle rot when I as stationed in Panama (the country not the city). Both of them were white like your hand is from being wet for 3-5 days straight. It's not dead tissue. It's just saturated.

You got a open wound bro. It's going to look like crap for a while till it heals, no way around it. As long as the docs scrubbed all the crud out of the wound and your on antibiotics you'll live. If it starts smelling like almonds....Hmmm....Better get back to the docs ASAP.

That first doctor should get heart punched.
    Last edited by Ando; 09-17-2010 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ando
    I got a mild case of trench foot and jungle rot when I as stationed in Panama (the country not the city). Both of them were white like your hand is from being wet for 3-5 days straight. It's not dead tissue. It's just saturated.

You got a open wound bro. It's going to look like crap for a while till it heals, no way around it. As long as the docs scrubbed all the crud out of the wound and your on antibiotics you'll live. If it starts smelling like almonds....Hmmm....Better get back to the docs ASAP.

That first doctor should get heart punched.
    Ando is just the guy to do it too...

Secret spy photos from today .

DO we get a secret spy photo of a finished e-micro front block?

Quote Originally Posted by Drix
    DO we get a secret spy photo of a finished e-micro front block?
    Nope , not done yet

They have 2 more ops and are next on the number 2 machine but wont start running till tuesday or wednesday .

I will be finalizing the torx screws tomorrow while Tracy is sorting through and engraving ppls parts .

All the parts that need to be stripped will go to the anodizer Monday .

The people that ordered standard RAW mm09's guns should have those in the next 2 weeks or less i would imagine .

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZ@PTP
    Nope , not done yet

They have 2 more ops and are next on the number 2 machine but wont start running till tuesday or wednesday .

I will be finalizing the torx screws tomorrow while Tracy is sorting through and engraving ppls parts .

The people that ordered standard RAW mm09's guns should have those in the next 2 weeks or less i would imagine .
    YAY!

I've only sporadically checked on this thread. I'm excited we are so close to finishing. Can't wait

I ordered a dust black, and I know I have to wait for them to make it back from anno. Totally understandable. But if there's any way I can get on your good graces enough to request that mine be one of the first sets mailed out after anno, I'd be very appreciative! I'm deploying again in mid October and would really like to finish my gun, and actually go play with it

Thanks, whether the answer is yes or no. You guys rock.

Quote Originally Posted by stircrazzzy
    I ordered a dust black, and I know I have to wait for them to make it back from anno. Totally understandable. But if there's any way I can get on your good graces enough to request that mine be one of the first sets mailed out after anno, I'd be very appreciative! I'm deploying again in mid October and would really like to finish my gun, and actually go play with it

Thanks, whether the answer is yes or no. You guys rock.
    Will do my very best!

Nope , not done yet

Zoom;

Since we will need a good torx wrench,... could you point me/us in the right direction of what to get?

Quote Originally Posted by p8ntbal4me
    Zoom;

Since we will need a good torx wrench,... could you point me/us in the right direction of what to get?
    Craftsman of course

After 2 days at the machine shop all the parts are sorted. All extra parts received are heading for stripping tomorrow. Once the E-mag fronts are done and all parts are deburred, I have one customer to do some polishing for then all raw parts are going to be shipped to me so I can start shipping!!! Won't be long now!!

Quote Originally Posted by theGOLDENchild
    Craftsman of course
    You read my mind. Also, there is a great alternative...

http://www.chapmanmfg.com/SoftCaseKits.html#anchor_87

I have a hard case allen set. I love it. Works a lot better than allen wrenches (in most cases)

Quote Originally Posted by Ratt
    You read my mind. Also, there is a great alternative...

http://www.chapmanmfg.com/SoftCaseKits.html#anchor_87

I have a hard case allen set. I love it. Works a lot better than allen wrenches (in most cases)
    OK, so where on the mag is the torx screw located? Sorry if this info has been provided. I've only just started coming back to AO.org recently.....

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by SummaryJudgement
    OK, so where on the mag is the torx screw located? Sorry if this info has been provided. I've only just started coming back to AO.org recently.....
    Front block.

https://www.automags.org/forums/showp...postcount=2882

Quote Originally Posted by going_home

Ahhh, thx GH

Hey Zoom,

How are things moving along?

Its been a crazy "omg my machine broke" kinda week but the emag front blocks are going on the number 2 machine tomorrow morning .

Ive never heard a drive belt sound like a stripped gear before but at 10000rpm's things get funky . What i was hearing sounded like thousands of dollars in repairs but ended up being 259 bucks to fix

The parts to be stripped are at the anodizer but he wont get to them till next week .

Its been a crazy "omg my machine broke" kinda week but the emag front blocks are going on the number 2 machine tomorrow morning .

Ive never heard a drive belt sound like a stripped gear before but at 10000rpm's things get funky . What i was hearing sounded like thousands of dollars in repairs but ended up being 259 bucks to fix

The parts to be stripped are at the anodizer but he wont get to them till next week .
    Thanks for the update!

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy_ptp
    After 2 days at the machine shop all the parts are sorted. All extra parts received are heading for stripping tomorrow. Once the E-mag fronts are done and all parts are deburred, I have one customer to do some polishing for then all raw parts are going to be shipped to me so I can start shipping!!! Won't be long now!!
    So your FL vacation was only 2 days?

Sweet! So our stuff is getting stripped this week and the Emag fronts should be running. We'd love to see pics of all the pieces when you get them all finished.

Quote Originally Posted by zondo
    So your FL vacation was only 2 days?

Sweet! So our stuff is getting stripped this week and the Emag fronts should be running. We'd love to see pics of all the pieces when you get them all finished.
    Tracy actually stepped off the plane and drove directly to the shop - locked herself in for a full day and a half. Russell drove her to Flagler so that she could rent a 26' Penske box truck - load it with the last of our Florida Warehouse inventory and drive the 1,000 miles back to Maine... anyone want to go with us on our next vacation...?

Quote Originally Posted by Forest_ptp
    Tracy actually stepped off the plane and drove directly to the shop - locked herself in for a full day and a half. Russell drove her to Flagler so that she could rent a 26' Penske box truck - load it with the last of our Florida Warehouse inventory and drive the 1,000 miles back to Maine... anyone want to go with us on our next vacation...?

I'll pass. Then again, I do kinda miss Florida...

Quote Originally Posted by Ratt
    I'll pass. Then again, I do kinda miss Florida...
    If I was in White Sands, I'd miss FL too

You know...I really like it out here in White Sands. Never thought I would, being that I am from the woods north of Houston. But I have adapted quite well...I would go so far as to say that I am quite the 'desert rat' now. But...I went to boot camp and Basic Electronics School in Orlando, my first ship was stationed in Mayport, I learned to ride a motorcycle on A1A, went to Recruiting school in Pensacola, and spent 3 GLORIOUS Spring Break weekends in Panama City (Club La Vela...so many memories... ). Spent long weekends in Miami, Key West, Daytona, St. Augustine...yea, Florida will always have a place in my heart.

Zoom/Forest/Tracy

Any updates for us this week? How did the e-micro fronts turn out?

Thanks!