Page 13 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Micromag 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy_ptp
    I planned the cut-off date around the time a machine will be open. So right around Valentines day we will start machining. I am also going to have Russell (Zoom) take pics of the bodies while they are in process for us to post so you guys can see progress!! We should have the design for the Emicro lowers very soon. hopefully within a couple days so those who are undecided can decide.

For those reading this late!! We are not making that many extra bodies so if you think you will hold out and buy one later....I can't guarantee that one will be there for you. I can only say that we....PTP..... has been around for a long time, we believe in only quality product and we always try and take care of our customers!!! Because you are what makes us!!!! We always stand by our products!!

Tracy
    good to hear, thanks for the update tracy

We should have the design for the Emicro lowers very soon. hopefully within a couple days so those who are undecided can decide.
    I missed that part. New matching E-lowers?!

oh sweet, is there a mock up of the lowers as well as one possibly as complete set up, upper and lowers?

I planned the cut-off date around the time a machine will be open. So right around Valentines day we will start machining. I am also going to have Russell (Zoom) take pics of the bodies while they are in process for us to post so you guys can see progress!! We should have the design for the Emicro lowers very soon. hopefully within a couple days so those who are undecided can decide.

For those reading this late!! We are not making that many extra bodies so if you think you will hold out and buy one later....I can't guarantee that one will be there for you. I can only say that we....PTP..... has been around for a long time, we believe in only quality product and we always try and take care of our customers!!! Because you are what makes us!!!! We always stand by our products!!

Tracy

Do you mean there will be an exclusive lower that will work with this body? What if we already have a lower?

Quote Originally Posted by pk5
    Do you mean there will be an exclusive lower that will work with this body? What if we already have a lower?

Not making a whole new lower....We are working on the battery pack that has everyone worried.

this is why I stand by PTP and my mags when some of my team mates tell me i need a new marker. You guys ROCK .....

Dend78 is offline Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    wow no they arent making new lowers just making the upper fit existing lowers and completely cover the top of the battery pack
    2k2 Angel LCD
    turbo trigger
    CP volumizer
    PIPE KIT

2k Angel CnC LCD
    Vert Frame
    Freak Barrel

B2k x-milled
    micro rock
    Dye sticky 3's
    vertical max-flo
    Edge barrel with blue J&J tip

Egg 2 y board
    Empire Reloader
    Dye Throttle 91/4500
    Crossfire 114ci/3000
    Angel Air Reg

any thoughts on whether or not you could take 1/8" off the bottom of the front block and make a 1/8" piece that would sit there (for people who want an asa) and then that would allow you to take out the 1/8" piece and put in one that would come down in front of the body and cover the battery pack in the style of an xmag?

that way you get to keep the micro look without having a big piece like on the micro -emags of the past that you have to put in. And if the piece that is made to fit there is cut right, it would flow seemlessly into the body and not even look like another piece.

this is a picture of my thoughts, the black area would be an "insert" that would sit there, it wouldnt look like extra and wouldnt require any screwing in, the front block would hold it there when bolted in. This middle area could also serve as the place that you put in the round insert to hold the asa in place.

the length of the emag one could be adjusted however you would need it

hmm

very interesting but very odd. if you are going to be keeping the exsisting Emag frame (and try to keep most of the battery pack), that means you are going to make a new top section for the battery pack that will extend out a bit longer and then up too (hopefully to flow with the body). but then you are going to have an issue with the battery casing screw not being long enough (i would think). so what kind of easy thumb screw are you going to pick up for that? because going with a regular screw/bolt for the battery pack is going to a hassel to undo all the time for charging that battery and so forth.

but, if you are making a whole new battery pack, then cant wait to see how that turns out.

either way though, sounds like you are going to be having a new form charger for use on these. but i could be wrong.

-Chris
    my feedback:
    AO Feedback
    Ebay Feedback

What I know!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nearchos
    very interesting but very odd. if you are going to be keeping the exsisting Emag frame (and try to keep most of the battery pack), that means you are going to make a new top section for the battery pack that will extend out a bit longer and then up too (hopefully to flow with the body). but then you are going to have an issue with the battery casing screw not being long enough (i would think). so what kind of easy thumb screw are you going to pick up for that? because going with a regular screw/bolt for the battery pack is going to a hassel to undo all the time for charging that battery and so forth.

but, if you are making a whole new battery pack, then cant wait to see how that turns out.

either way though, sounds like you are going to be having a new form charger for use on these. but i could be wrong.

-Chris
    I don't think the battery pack dimensions will actually change, there is just a piece that goes between the battery pack and the body.

If they make a new pack, it may just be shorter and fit a thinner battery, and in that case it will need a different charger...

If there was a piece attached to the top of the casing as to make the charger not fit then it also wouldn't slide down off the rail, and that isn't desireable.

The normal charger and screw should still work fine whatever they decide to do.

DarkBlade's idea is pretty interesting, but I'd be worried about the inegrity of such a thin piece. And that also means one more thing to deal with when rotating the breach.

of course the other option is to make it a piece that attaches where the ASA would be... here is my reasoning, there is an "open" area in the front of the frame where the nut and wire are for the power wire, that little area could possibly line up perfectly under the breech... this would be perfect to because then you could make a piece that attaches in place of the ASA and covers the battery.

i will try to do up some sketches to show what i mean.

the bottom picture shows what i mean... the part under the body wouldnt be as wide as the part that sits "in front" of the body. This is so that it fits in the void in the frame.

this is just a possibility. I think this would be the best because it wouldnt creat any extra piece for those who do not want the emag lowers yet makes it easy enough and very "sleek" for those who do.

There will be 2 different front blocks .

One for the micro "like in the pictures" and one for the emicro that has an extended lip on it below the barrel that covers the top of the battery pack .

Its an easy fix that looks good and blends well but there will be a limited amount of front blocks made so if your an emicro guy , you might wana get your name on the list .

I hope this helps out with the pain and suffering

PS: Im addressing the detent cutout on the body like some have suggested.

I should have renderings to Forest/Tracy by Tuesday or Wensday .
    Last edited by ZoomZ@PTP; 02-01-2009 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZ@PTP

One for the micro "like in the pictures" and one for the emicro that has an extended lip on it below the barrel that covers the top of the battery pack .

Its an easy fix that looks good and blends well but there will be a limited amount of front blocks made so if your an emicro guy , you might wana get your name on the list .

What if I want to have both? Is it possible to order the two of them? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mpsd
    What if I want to have both? Is it possible to order the two of them? Thanks!

Yes you can do that, but make sure you do it up front.

Yes you can do that, but make sure you do it up front.
    How much more for the second front block?

....you might wana get your name on the list

Where is the list located? I want to get on that ASAP!!!

~ P8nt

Great idea, you guys just keep sweetening the pot more and more, now I want my new body even more now.

Ohh, and just in cas any one missed it heres the threadd to get on the list for the emag compatible body
    https://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=239226

Quote Originally Posted by GRimm
    Great idea, you guys just keep sweetening the pot more and more, now I want my new body even more now.

Ohh, and just in cas any one missed it heres the threadd to get on the list for the emag compatible body
    https://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=239226

That thread is only for forest to see how many people want the emag compatible option.

To actually let PTP know what you are ordering, please email tracy. That way everything would be in 1 place.

Oops, I thought that was the thread... nevermind then.

do it both ways!!! For Forest to see and for me to keep it straight!!! thanks guys!!

do it both ways!!! For Forest to see and for me to keep it straight!!! thanks guys!!

Okay,... well I emailed (not PMed ) you Tracy to the new address setup for the new body.
    My name is already on the thread where Forest can see it as well.

All bases are covered!

~ P8nt

Quote Originally Posted by p8ntbal4me
    Okay,... well I emailed (not PMed ) you Tracy to the new address setup for the new body.
    My name is already on the thread where Forest can see it as well.

All bases are covered!

~ P8nt
    Gotcha covered!!

I know i'm going to need three "emag" front blocks, but im not sure if I will need three normal ones as well, I'll email you after I sort out what im going to need.

I just did it both ways so now I feel better!

Quote Originally Posted by GRimm
    I know i'm going to need three "emag" front blocks, but im not sure if I will need three normal ones as well, I'll email you after I sort out what im going to need.
    Grimm, you'd probably just get the E-micro body, Anthony may need both if he is planning a build, we'll have to talk to him.
    I definitely need both. No way I'm not going to E-mag this but there is also no way I'm not going to play with it the moment I get it.

ANY new news on this front?

Quote Originally Posted by micromag-man
    ANY new news on this front?
    Coming almost now!!

id get banned thinking like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Sumthinwicked
    id get banned thinking like that!
    You have a dirty mind!! lol