Page 15 of 142 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Micromag 2009

Quote Originally Posted by dark blade
    are you talking about the part that actually covers the battery pack gap? if so, please radius it to the shape of the pack.

I do not want to have a weird shape covering the battery pack... if it is too short then not the whole frame will be covered, if its too long it will have square edges sticking off

please radius it and lengthen it to fit the whole top of the battery pack and frame.

that would be dandy

No, they are refferring to where the pack cover meets the rest of the body. It will fit nice against the battery pack regardless, just there is aesthetic milling to deal with under the front block.

Very nice.

Tracy,
    I know things are still in jelling but I had a thought, I know scary...

I have two bodies on order and was wondering if there was any chance I could buy (at an added cost) the front part for both the MM and Emag for each body? So that would be two bodies and four fronts.

Again this will all hinge on the bodies being the same...
    Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by Looper
    Tracy,
    I know things are still in jelling but I had a thought, I know scary...

I have two bodies on order and was wondering if there was any chance I could buy (at an added cost) the front part for both the MM and Emag for each body? So that would be two bodies and four fronts.

Again this will all hinge on the bodies being the same...
    Shawn
    It's no longer a uni-body. Now it's like a one-body. One body for everything!

Wink EMicroMag

I am wondering if the body will be machined differently for Emag lowers or will it just be a piece that gets added like the EMicroMags had before.

The bodies are cut the same for both emicro and micro .

There is no added plate to cover the battery pack like the emicro's had before .

Question

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZ@PTP
    The bodies are cut the same for both emicro and micro .

There is no added plate to cover the battery pack like the emicro's had before .

Ok now I am really cornfused

Looks like one has a battery cover plate and the other doesnt.
    Does the small part in front of the breach area where the barrel mounts
    have the battery cover attached for an EMicro ?
    I saw where the front part comes off for breach adjustments and vert asa mounting.
    I'm trying to understand what the difference will be from the mech body and the "E" body,
    and I'm not being too successful at it right now lol.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home
    Ok now I am really cornfused
    Looks like one has a battery cover plate and the other doesnt.
    Does the small part in front of the breach area where the barrel mounts
    have the battery cover attached for an EMicro ?
    I saw where the front part comes off for breach adjustments and vert asa mounting.
    I'm trying to understand what the difference will be from the mech body and the "E" body,
    and I'm not being too successful at it right now lol.

Yes, the front "barrel threaded section" is removable and different for the Micro and the EMag but the breach and main body is the same. Hence my question of, "Can I buy both types of front sections for one body?"

I have a few question regarding the tolerance of this body:

1. Since i am getting custom milling, is it true that you cannot get the body anodized gloss due to the tolerance?
    2. If the polished is only on the outside upper surface will that be ok?
    3. Is there anything else that i should take consideration when getting milling and anodizing done?

Thanks

Yes, the front "barrel threaded section" is removable and different for the Micro and the EMag but the breach and main body is the same. Hence my question of, "Can I buy both types of front sections for one body?"
    The "rail" (only name that works, the part that the breach and front block sit on) is milled in the front differently for each body.

For the E front block, the "rail" is milled square so the battery cover will sit flush.
    For the normal block, the "rail" is milled round so it fits better aesthetically.

Both blocks will fit both bodies, just if you put an E block on the normal rail there will be a gap between the edge of the "rail" and the battery cover, and if you put a normal block on an E body then the milling won't sinch up perfectly...

Yea ,, what he said ^ ^

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZ@PTP
    Yea ,, what he said ^ ^
    That's too bad...

It would be really nice to have the bodies all the same and the front part be interchangeable. Too bad the front lip of the AM/MM body could be part of the Barrel Thread Section then the back bodies could all be machined the same. Wouldn't that be more in keeping with the PTP/AGD philosophy that one part with multiple functions?

Sorry about the
    Last edited by Looper; 02-09-2009 at 01:42 PM.

That's too bad...

It would be really nice to have the bodies all the same and the front part be interchangeable. Too bad the front lip of the AM/MM body could be part of the Barrel Thread Section then the back bodies could all be machined the same. Wouldn't that be more in keeping with the PTP/AGD philosophy that one part with multiple functions?

Sorry about the
    We definitely all agree - and have made it as universal as we can. The core design is still the mechanical Micromag, but we are really trying to please everyone with the inclusion of the e-Micro option. Russell will blend it all as much as possible and we could end up with just one body, but not likely . There is only a very minor difference as it is now and you can still switch back and forth - the flow of the lines just isn't as perfect as it is with the matching body/block combo. Its a lot more work for us this way too...

Quote Originally Posted by Forest_ptp
    We definitely all agree - and have made it as universal as we can. The core design is still the mechanical Micromag, but we are really trying to please everyone with the inclusion of the e-Micro option. Russell will blend it all as much as possible and we could end up with just one body, but not likely . There is only a very minor difference as it is now and you can still switch back and forth - the flow of the lines just isn't as perfect as it is with the matching body/block combo. Its a lot more work for us this way too...
    No problem, thanks for the response. You know we all think you guys Rock over at PTP.

BTW, I have a marker I just recently acquired and I thought you might like to take a look, it has "ARMSON" engraved on both sides... Oh and I have a Welcome back to Maine present I need to drop off to you.

2 things...
    (Flame away if I missed this already somewhere)

1. What's to stop me from using the emicro body w/ a mech setup?

2. Has there been any discussion on "Factory" ULE milling?

Like this micro:

Dend78 is offline Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmarx
    2 things...
    (Flame away if I missed this already somewhere)

1. What's to stop me from using the emicro body w/ a mech setup?

2. Has there been any discussion on "Factory" ULE milling?

Like this micro:
    where the heck have you been lol

nothing is going to stop you at all, they are made to work either way only difference is you wont have the radius at the front of the (rail) on the bottom side.

ULE milling i believe would be after the fact but if you talk to PTP they may be able to help ya out, also i dont know that much more could come off the front of the body/rail portion
    2k2 Angel LCD
    turbo trigger
    CP volumizer
    PIPE KIT

2k Angel CnC LCD
    Vert Frame
    Freak Barrel

B2k x-milled
    micro rock
    Dye sticky 3's
    vertical max-flo
    Edge barrel with blue J&J tip

Egg 2 y board
    Empire Reloader
    Dye Throttle 91/4500
    Crossfire 114ci/3000
    Angel Air Reg

Any progress on the possible "special anno" yet? I'm thinking I'm gonna try to pick up a second body now.

put donw dr_g_2006 for one of the green acid washed bodies

I want to get through the pre-orders first since it will take 4 to 6 weeks to complete. As soon as the pre-order is done we will work on the ano!!

I am working on getting the images for the vert ASA and Vert Gadget grip. At this time the gadget grip will not be a gas thru.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy_ptp
    I want to get through the pre-orders first since it will take 4 to 6 weeks to complete. As soon as the pre-order is done we will work on the ano!!
    Cool, thanks Tracy. Just got your email as well I'll try to send the info during lunch.

As for anodizing, we will offer dust/satin black, raw (which will need to come back to us for assembly)
    Tracy_PTP, I'm looking to pick up a body just as a collector at this point in time. I'm not looking for Pro Team to assemble a marker for me, is that a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    Tracy_PTP, I'm looking to pick up a body just as a collector at this point in time. I'm not looking for Pro Team to assemble a marker for me, is that a problem?
    It doesn't look like we will have anything that will be too difficult to assemble. So I don't think it will be a problem.

Everyone needs to keep in mind if they do after-market milling the liability lies in your own hands and not ours.

Quote Originally Posted by pk5
    I have a few question regarding the tolerance of this body:

1. Since i am getting custom milling, is it true that you cannot get the body anodized gloss due to the tolerance?
    2. If the polished is only on the outside upper surface will that be ok?
    3. Is there anything else that i should take consideration when getting milling and anodizing done?

Thanks

Anyone know the answer? I have been following this thread, but the reply never seem to give a clear answer on the absolute tolerance of the body?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pk5
    Anyone know the answer? I have been following this thread, but the reply never seem to give a clear answer on the absolute tolerance of the body?

Thanks
    Sorry I was supposed to answer that. You can get gloss. You can polish it. Just like anything else, just have to be careful they do not take too much material off.

We will be doing Gloss Black!

Love the design. Three questions:

1) If the front block holds the breach, how is it help on? Where I am going is will the breach be easily removable/changeable ala the X mag.

2) How about a 15 degree ASA?

3) if we want a raw body will the price remain the same and an annodized one?

Quote Originally Posted by Old School 626
    Love the design. Three questions:

1) If the front block holds the breach, how is it help on? Where I am going is will the breach be easily removable/changeable ala the X mag.

2) How about a 15 degree ASA?

3) if we want a raw body will the price remain the same and an annodized one?
    ill take a crack at those Tracy, Forest and Zoom will have to answer for sure but i think im right

1) the front block is where the star piece fits into so in order to rotate the breech you will have to remove the front block and turn the breech to desired location from there.

2) i believe a special one will have to be made for this design

3) as far as i know its a straight cost anno or no anno

Quote Originally Posted by Dend78
    ill take a crack at those Tracy, Forest and Zoom will have to answer for sure but i think im right

1) the front block is where the star piece fits into so in order to rotate the breech you will have to remove the front block and turn the breech to desired location from there.

2) i believe a special one will have to be made for this design

3) as far as i know its a straight cost anno or no anno

Correctomundo!!!

tracy, I just emailed my shipping info. Another Big Thanks to everyone at PTP, and I'm looking forward to seeing the new micro in person soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Engus
    tracy, I just emailed my shipping info. Another Big Thanks to everyone at PTP, and I'm looking forward to seeing the new micro in person soon!

Tracy and I have been talkin and you get the free broken one

jk man congrats again