Page 2 of 142 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Micromag 2009

could the "other color" be like a splash/fade/etc or does it have to be a single color?

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil
    Hey Tracy, I have a few questions.

1 -will this come with a feedneck and detent?
    2- how does the breech lock into place?
    3- is every part made from 7075?

Thanks in advance

I think the scenario/woodsball guys are going to love this.

Looks like you remove the lower screws for the front part of the barrel threading.
    Then you turn the breach to the angle that you want it to be at.
    Slide the breach in place.
    The place the front part with the barrel threading over the breach to lock it into place at the new angle.
    Screw the front barrel breach back in place.

~ P8nt

nice to see things swinging back to mags.

And nice to see some things that have been in the pipeline for a while now finally getting out there.

You folks who are getting these will thank yourselves for years to come - this is truly going to be a 'classic' gun
    VENGEANCE PAINTBALL DISTRIBUTORS
    X.O. INDUSTRIES PAINTBALLS

oh - color?

Hmmm. Jay would probably want purple - but I think blue or green should be it.

(Inside joke, folks)

LanceRodman17 Guest
    WOW!
    I like this design a lot!

The roto-breech is a very smart design. I can really see this appealing to the Scenario player. Is that a dovetail mount I see on top. if so, great idea too this would really help the scenario guys outfit this body.

I like the uni-body too. Less parts to deal with is always a plus in my mind.

Great Job PTP and to Engus for the concept design.

Way to think outside the box!

Tracy:

Deposit sent for 2 bodies!

Dend:

Please change my order to 2

~ P8nt

Deposit sent for 1 body!

Dend78 is offline Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    P8ntbalforme

glad you like em im not gonna change anything my list will remain as it is aside from those who drop out and the next person in line moves up.

Tracy

one question that i know was answered before but i dont see it right now but tell us about the sear and pin. if i recall corectly you were going for the RTP sear and pin. is that still the case?
    2k2 Angel LCD
    turbo trigger
    CP volumizer
    PIPE KIT

2k Angel CnC LCD
    Vert Frame
    Freak Barrel

B2k x-milled
    micro rock
    Dye sticky 3's
    vertical max-flo
    Edge barrel with blue J&J tip

Egg 2 y board
    Empire Reloader
    Dye Throttle 91/4500
    Crossfire 114ci/3000
    Angel Air Reg

Quote Originally Posted by LanceRodman17
    WOW!
    I like this design a lot!

The roto-breech is a very smart design. I can really see this appealing to the Scenario player. Is that a dovetail mount I see on top. if so, great idea too this would really help the scenario guys outfit this body.

I like the uni-body too. Less parts to deal with is always a plus in my mind.

Way to think outside the box!
    Hey Guys - Forest again. That breech design is actually covered by U.S. patent 7,231,914 that we originally filed in 2001. We'll try to post some renderings of theMicroMag 2002 (never produced) showing something conceptually very similar to what Russell was able to engineer into the final design. It's great to finally be able to build it!

With our line of Armson sights that work even with a vertical feed do you think we would forget a sight rail...

Keeping the MicroMag uni-body (well tri-body here I guess) was a critical design element.

Quote Originally Posted by Dend78
    P8ntbalforme

glad you like em im not gonna change anything my list will remain as it is aside from those who drop out and the next person in line moves up.

Tracy

one question that i know was answered before but i dont see it right now but tell us about the sear and pin. if i recall corectly you were going for the RTP sear and pin. is that still the case?
    RTP pin, but we are going to shorten it a bit because of the narrower body. RTP sear will be good to go.

then make extra pins for future usage when people loose the pins

one more thing are you going to stock several of the shorter pins? i mean yeah we can always get a pin and grind away but just curious

Down payment sent. Great design guys (Engus ) This is really going to be one of those, "what the heck is that" kind of thing when we take it to the fields. I can't wait to get this in my hands. Now that my nerves have been calmed slightly by seeing the design, they're just going to get worse until I actually get to hold this! Can't we just make the pre-order a day or so Tracy and get on to the manufacturing?

Quote Originally Posted by Dend78
    one more thing are you going to stock several of the shorter pins? i mean yeah we can always get a pin and grind away but just curious
    We'll either make the pins or buy them in and cut to length so no one has to even deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy_ptp
    We'll either make the pins or buy them in and cut to length so no one has to even deal with it.

Will a hyperframe with wings still on work with this body?

Thanks
    Mike Brothman

usable with emag lowers? i would love to know, i have a set of lowers that are just dieing to be attached to this thing. and the rail is built in correct? so i would not need my shadow rail

also... any chance that this can be used with a nearchos ACE board? i just bought one and would hate to have to sell it.

Please let me know these things. i am dieing to know!

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdog2019
    Will a hyperframe with wings still on work with this body?

Thanks
    Mike Brothman
    Wings won't work, but if you have a Dremel handy...

if it works for emag lowers sign me up for a body... ill take it in gloss slime green and black acid wash or black (if theres no acidwash) and would prefer s/n 13 if possible

Last edited by dark blade; 01-21-2009 at 05:18 PM.

I would throw in my vote for some kind of splash for the "other color" as well. You guys were some of the first to offer wild anno, and it would be really fun to have a MM09 anno pattern.

You guys have my money. I'm in for at least one. Oh and thanks for the PM Dend. Also thanks to EVERYONE that made this happen.
    Rehme, Derman 2k, Ryal 999, Lord Whoopass, 50 Cal, Tack, RTrampage and Deathstalker are all good traders

My Feedback
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100494

im gonna vote for a slime green and black acidwash... to match the symbol on your website

light green and black for the win

cool idea with the anno i second that green black acid

ya, splash was the old days... this is the new era of streamlined bodies with nice milling and nice ano jobs. Acidwash is basically the new splash... lets see a alime green and black acidwash!!!! WOOOOOO IM SO EXCITED

Quote Originally Posted by dark blade
    usable with emag lowers? i would love to know, i have a set of lowers that are just dieing to be attached to this thing. and the rail is built in correct? so i would not need my shadow rail

also... any chance that this can be used with a nearchos ACE board? i just bought one and would hate to have to sell it.

Please let me know these things. i am dieing to know!

ACE is gonna be a problem I got an ACE board for this as well but looks like im not gonna get to use it

it will work with lowers and yes rail and body is one design

so the body will fit the lowers but the ACE wont work that makes me sad

any way of having nearchos create a tube that can sit over the eye and between the breech and the gap in the body/rail area that would allow for usage?

then you would just need to drill a hole for the eye... only problem is that there would need to be multiple holes for the different feed methods

Forest says on the splash ano -- one concern is that since this is the first we are building these we may have issues with tolerences after polishing (we learned this the hard way with the micro and we had plenty of extra bodies that we could just dump in the trash - well not really...)

What type sear? please say rt.

hmm... so we need to find a way to get the ACE to work now

ruler mark... read a few posts up... its an RTP sear the pin will just be shorter (u can shave one of buy one from them i bet)