Page 51 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 4245

Thread: Introducing the Micromag 2009

busy on the weekend... WITH THE MICROMOAG 2K9 BODIES??????!?!?!!?!!!!!?!?!

post pictures if so please

I want my micro emag body very badly

too late to change my anno color tracy?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy_ptp
    Gotcha!! Sorry I have been sick the last couple days and we were busy over the weekend!!
    No problem, hope you feel better.

We need to re-name the project to

The MICROMAG 2010

I do not intend this to be mean or mean spirited in any way, shape, or form. Just a way of making it feel new and more exciting. Since life has gotten in the way, can we call it the micromag 2010 now?

just an idea?

The list has been updated.

And sorry the name will stay the same!!

OK, so just for clarification -
    Mech Body works with Mech Front only
    E Body works with E Front or Mech Front (but has a choppy square "tongue")?

Now that there are 2 discrete bodies, I need to change my order once I figure out what the exact deal is, I assumed there'd be 1 body that would work for all possible configurations.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy_ptp

The bodies are identical except for the front!! If you need more specifics let me know.

In a nutshell only thing that distinguishes a mec from a elctro are the fronts. All options available will work with each other depending on the front you purchase
    Last edited by Ando; 08-20-2009 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayvik
    OK, so just for clarification -
    Mech Body works with Mech Front only
    E Body works with E Front or Mech Front (but has a choppy square "tongue")?

Now that there are 2 discrete bodies, I need to change my order once I figure out what the exact deal is, I assumed there'd be 1 body that would work for all possible configurations.
    not really discrete bodies, but you have 2 different fronts. The unibody will work with both fronts so you can mix and match.

Ugh, apparently I need to read this thread more often. What is going on with this? Are there now two different body styles, despite what was said in the FAQ thread? I was under the impression there was one body only, and the fronts were going to be different.

Apparently I'm not the only one that was confused. I know I read somewhere that it was decided to run one body and have the different fronts. I'm just not going to dig through 60 pages to find that post.

Im gonna take a crack at explaining it. there are 3 peices the "front" the "breach" and the body itself.
    All the micromags get the same breach, and the emicro's get a different "front" designed to cover the battery pack. The bodies are all functionally and dimensionally the same, except that bodies that are ordered as a "mech" have the front edge of the body rounded.
    This is just to look a little nicer, but the emicro's dont have it so that the "front" fits flush with the body and looks more like one peice.

the different fronts can be put on either body. Although emicros with a mech front might look kinda rough with the flat edge, and mechs with an emicro front will have a gap because of the rounded edge.

and oh yea, the prototype looks sweeet!

Yeah what Engus said!! He has it down pat!!

Oh and by the way!! This thread is confusing and mind boggling We started with one thing and ended up with other thing with lots of things in between!! But it was all trying to give you guys what you want and compensating for it!! I really think we have gone above and beyond the call of duty!!! And for that I am now MENTAL!!! LOL

Tracy,

Call me crazy but I didn't _quite_ understand the whole body/breech/front thing going on. Is it too late for me to say I would have preferred the standard, rounded front? Or can I just order a spare front? Actually, I thought that I had ordered both fronts, come to think of it, but it has me listed just for the EM front. Help!

Quote Originally Posted by stircrazzzy
    Tracy,

Call me crazy but I didn't _quite_ understand the whole body/breech/front thing going on. Is it too late for me to say I would have preferred the standard, rounded front? Or can I just order a spare front? Actually, I thought that I had ordered both fronts, come to think of it, but it has me listed just for the EM front. Help!
    You will get the the standard front with the body and you ordered the e-mag front so you will be getting both!!!

Exclamation

Engus PLEASE photoshop the two renderings and put arrows on them showing the spot
    that is different.

Its only one tiny spot people, directly under where the barrel screws in.
    How can you not see that ?

Now I'm about to go mental with you Tracy.

EMAG BODY:

REGULAR BODY:

And I want to thank all you at Pro Team for making these for us !

The spreadsheet was well under way when it was able to change to one body. I decided to leave it the way it is because it would be too confusing to redo the whole thing. but if you ordered the emag body it just means you are getting a body with an emag front. if you want the mech front you need to order that. and visa versa!! If anyone is confused please email me at micromag2009@proteamproducts.com and give me a contact phone number and I will call and explain. I am not in the office again until Monday so if you send me an email I WILL CALL!!!

Engus confused the **** out of me but what you just posted is all i needed to know.

All the BODIES are going to be the same no mater what you purchased. Only difference is the removable Electro and Mech fronts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ando
    Engus confused the **** out of me but what you just posted is all i needed to know.

All the BODIES are going to be the same no mater what you purchased. Only difference is the removable Electro and Mech fronts.
    YES!!!!

Red face

There is a difference, its directly under where the barrel screws in, on the very front.
    Its completely flat on an Emag body to meet the Emag add on plate.
    And its rounded under on the mech body just like it shows in the renderings.

See how the rounded edge on the very bottom stops at the front of where the breach will be ?
    This one looks to be an Emag body. It must be square and not rounded to meet up correctly with the Emag battery casing.

That's how I feel right now.

That's the part your pointing out right? Pfft....that's not even going to be noticeable. I'm fine with it.

this is another way of explaining it.

https://www.automags.org/forums/showp...&postcount=652

Ok, so it looks like what I was understanding was right, but now appears a few others are confused I just can't wait to get both of mine together so I can blow up some faces.

ya i dont think any of us can wait. However... we all are going to have to. Its going to be at least another month or 2 from what i am estimating

any way to get on the waiting list?

Let's not wait till the Last minute ; beg , plead , grovel , buy someone else's spot

This was on T-shirts where I grew up...

"Have a nice day... in Detroit!"

Detroit = Murder Capital
    Baltimore close second by like 1 body count last year...
    Unfortunately I live by Murdermore

would it be too late to add an emag front to my order?

Detroit = Murder Capital
    Baltimore close second by like 1 body count last year...
    Unfortunately I live by Murdermore
    There were more people killed here in Sao Paulo than on Iraq last year. And we don't have a war, so they tell us. LOL

Yeah, that did not help confusion. If Tracy or Edit: Zoom, not Zondo, lol...sorry! /edit could confirm or deny what I'm saying (and not 10 different guys in the peanut gallery! ) just so I'm clear before I go changing my order around, my current understanding is:

"M"(ech) body has a rounded front lip that sits under the front block.
    "E" body has a flat front lip that sits under and in back of the E-front/battery cover

Either front will work on either body, however:

"E" front on a "M" body results in there being a gap between the aft, vertical face of the battery cover and the lip on the body.

"M" front on an "E" body results in the flat, sharp section of the lip being exposed as there is no portion of the front butting against it.

Yea or Nay?

My order was Mech body and one of each front, however as I have no intent to use the E front myself (only ordered in case I ever resell I'll have a complete "package") and it sounds like mismatched fronts will end up goofy looking, I'll probably cancel the E front order.

Yeah, that did not help confusion. If Tracy or Edit: Zoom, not Zondo, lol...sorry! /edit could confirm or deny what I'm saying (and not 10 different guys in the peanut gallery! ) just so I'm clear before I go changing my order around, my current understanding is:

"M"(ech) body has a rounded front lip that sits under the front block.
    "E" body has a flat front lip that sits under and in back of the E-front/battery cover

Either front will work on either body, however:

"E" front on a "M" body results in there being a gap between the aft, vertical face of the battery cover and the lip on the body.

"M" front on an "E" body results in the flat, sharp section of the lip being exposed as there is no portion of the front butting against it.

Yea or Nay?

My order was Mech body and one of each front, however as I have no intent to use the E front myself (only ordered in case I ever resell I'll have a complete "package") and it sounds like mismatched fronts will end up goofy looking, I'll probably cancel the E front order.

I know I'm not Tracy or Zoom... but
    Yea!

You got it spot on.

I wouldn't be so quick to toss the e-mag block... The gap should be small enough to be negligable (or JB welded )