Page 9 of 142 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Micromag 2009

may i ask why you decided to go with what looks like a dovetail rail instead of a picatinny? Considering that speedballers have no use for an optic (granted, neither do the woodsballers in reality), the only people who would want a rail at all are woodsballers. Woodsballers that use optics have amost unanimously switched from dovetail to picatinny thanks to the "milsim" craze. I understand that this is not a milsim marker, however, taking the time to mill a rail that will never get used seems wasteful.

Please disregard if I'm seeing things wrong and you've used a weaver rail there... or if you just feel like disregarding me. (that's ok too)

Just a thought.

Excellent design though. I'm glad to see someone else go back to the seperate breech idea.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Forest_ptp
    Two ports on the ASA is no problem to build, but we are trying to standardize as much as possible. Even though the bodies will be limited in quantity, they are still a production run. There will be some extra ASAs and fore grips built just not sure of how many. We are really trying to accommodate as many people's personal requests as possible, but at some point soon it has to be put to bed.

We hadn't figured out the ASA or grip when Tracy first posted. They will be available as an option and we'll get a cost figured out ASAP. Still trying to get an idea of how many people will want one or the other. The more we build the lower the cost of course. We'll be posting an updated ASA drawing today too.
    If its a proprietary asa........
    My point is I doubt if very many people will be making a pistol and almost everyone will want a foregrip so I would think at least a vert asa would come with the body.
    The body without a vert asa wont do me any good.

I will want a complete body and vert asa, no gadget grip.
    I'm getting me pennies together now and will most likely send full payment when I get it all together. Gotta sell some stuff

Quote Originally Posted by C_losjoker
    just a quick thought and question. If you did have a spacer, would you be able to use it to with emag lowers, would that cover the battery pack and would you then NOT need to cut/shave the sear???
    You should be able to drop it right onto an e-Mag lower functionally. We just need to cover that extra inch or so of battery box.

Here are some updated renderings that better show how the ASA actually attaches to the body. The bolt that secures the ASA goes up into the front block for added security

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher
    That kind of defeats the point of the SN then doesn't it? I mean, if only 214 are made and someone has SN 536 then were there 536 made or 214?

It should be requested within specs...

I'm awaiting those new pics of the forgrip.

Adding new questions:

If the body is going to require a spacer for the e-mag battery casing, and the vert ASA is an option and so is the "gadget grip", what is the possibility of getting all 3 and one body?

Right now I'd be running an Intelliframe and some kind of forgrip on it (hacking up my RTPro to use in the Micromag), but in the future I want to put E-mag lowers and an x-valve in it so if can't get ahold of the battery cover right away then I am never going to find it when I need it which would be a problem.

There are still so many questions to answer... I want one but I want to know all the facts ahead of time.
    The serial number thing is getting a little crazy, but I understand what you are saying. This can be a two-part serial number that reflects the overall run size, but can still be individualized. Let's not all lose track of the big picture.

We will build plenty of vert ASAs and grips to go around and they will be available separately as an optional item.

We still need to get an idea of how many people potentially want the e-Mag lower option and we'll work from there to make sure you will have the parts that you need.

Don't worry - we want your Micro 2k9 to look awesome any way that you set it up!

Dend78 is offline Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    i know i for sure want an emag option, and from the last renderings i think i see what you are thinking of with it but i wanna wait and see if im right

as for that asa i dont think thats bad at all i now see how it blends it all together
    2k2 Angel LCD
    turbo trigger
    CP volumizer
    PIPE KIT

2k Angel CnC LCD
    Vert Frame
    Freak Barrel

B2k x-milled
    micro rock
    Dye sticky 3's
    vertical max-flo
    Edge barrel with blue J&J tip

Egg 2 y board
    Empire Reloader
    Dye Throttle 91/4500
    Crossfire 114ci/3000
    Angel Air Reg

Don' ask questions. It is considered "trolling" in some locations.
    so the bolt that holds the asa on will be tightened from inside the asa? I am assuming there will be an oring used here?

Raises hand for "emag option"

Quote Originally Posted by MANN
    so the bolt that holds the asa on will be tightened from inside the asa? I am assuming there will be an oring used here?
    Yes!!!

Don' ask questions. It is considered "trolling" in some locations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy_ptp
    Yes!!!
    Thanks.

Am I correct in assuming that I can have this feed at a 45 degree angle??

Please say it is so!!
    AO-IL

Ash:
    "Alright you Primative Screwheads, listen up .... See this?? This is my BOOMSTICK!!!!"

"Well hello Mister Fancy Pants. I've got news for you pal, you ain't leading but two things right now: Jack and **** ... Jack left town."

ATC Paintball Factory Team Member.
    www.atcpaintball.com

HEY!!! I just have to say one thing!! personally from me, not Forest or anyone else!! You guys are trying to make us MENTAL!!! We have had a couple of restless nights. When this project began I had you all tell me what you want. I gathered all your input to give to Forest and Russell. They used that input to give you everything they possible could and do what we wanted to do as well. I don't mind the questions, but if you want to beat us up for doing what we can for you then why are we doing it at all???? If we banter back and forth now it is only going to stall a project that I have worked so hard to put together for all of you. I feel you either like it or you don't. I'm sorry if you don't,

Quote Originally Posted by slasherdan
    Am I correct in assuming that I can have this feed at a 45 degree angle??

Please say it is so!!
    we can do 45 left and right, and 90 left, we are working on the 90 right.

HEY!!! I just have to say one thing!! personally from me, not Forest or anyone else!! You guys are trying to make us MENTAL!!! We have had a couple of restless nights. When this project began I had you all tell me what you want. I gathered all your input to give to Forest and Russell. They used that input to give you everything they possible could and do what we wanted to do as well. I don't mind the questions, but if you want to beat us up for doing what we can for you then why are we doing it at all???? If we banter back and forth now it is only going to stall a project that I have worked so hard to put together for all of you. I feel you either like it or you don't. I'm sorry if you don't,
    but.. but ... but ... but ...

I jsut wanted to know if it could be adjusted from top feed to 45degree ....

I guess my other question is if this will work with the level 10?

I have a couple mags I'd definately like to upgrade with this.

but.. but ... but ... but ...

I jsut wanted to know if it could be adjusted from top feed to 45degree ....
    sorry this is not referring to your post. People will know what I am talking about!

If the ASA is only secured by one screw is there any possibility of it rotating if the screw isn't really tight?

I tried to make a vertical ASA on my Trracer by screwing it into the front frame hole and it worked byt the thing spun until it caught the airline, so 12grams was a pain. I'm worrying if the same thing won't happen here, it appears to be milled square but there doesn't seem t be a slot for it to "bite" into.

If the 4 screws holding the front block on had large heads perhaps they could fit into recessed areas on the ASA and make the possibility of user orientation of the air-port and still ensure it stays put when it is screwed down.

Just a thought.

This is so cool, I can't wait to see the prototype!

And Slasherdan,
    we can do 45 left and right, and 90 left, we are working on the 90 right.

PTP, however you make it, I am happy.

If there is a emag option, i'll take one of those as well. I have three bodies coming, SO, two regular plain janes and one emag option.

Please sleep and be happy.

If the ASA is only secured by one screw is there any possibility of it rotating if the screw isn't really tight?

I tried to make a vertical ASA on my Trracer by screwing it into the front frame hole and it worked byt the thing spun until it caught the airline, so 12grams was a pain. I'm worrying if the same thing won't happen here, it appears to be milled square but there doesn't seem t be a slot for it to "bite" into.

If the 4 screws holding the front block on had large heads perhaps they could fit into recessed areas on the ASA and make the possibility of user orientation of the air-port and still ensure it stays put when it is screwed down.

Just a thought.

And Slasherdan,
    the RT style ASA doesn't have anything to bite into, but I know what you are talking about!! You will be able to crank this thing down so it doesn't go anywhere. We'll tweak it if we think there is an issue.

rt asa 2 screws fyi or the oldschool one with one screw and wings

HEY!!! I just have to say one thing!! personally from me, not Forest or anyone else!! You guys are trying to make us MENTAL!!!

We love you guys!! Come on group hug with PTP !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sumthinwicked
    rt asa 2 screws fyi or the oldschool one with one screw and wings
    As far as I know, the RT style was not always 2 screw (the benchmark ones that we have for RT is only 1 screw without wings)

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil
    Thanks I needed that!!

Totally agree, I think by now you know what everyone wants on the asa, feed neck and biggest one the emag issue. Just figure out the best course you can to solve these little problems best you can, make it final. those that like the solutions and final finish product can order it and those that dont like it, drop their orders. I like it and no matter what i will still order them.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil

secondeded

Just a thought.

And Slasherdan,

just an easy idea to fix such a problem without having "wings" on the vertical asa. cut/mill a recessed spot in the center of the top of the asa. then, just drop a split washer in the recessed spot....and that should keep it nice and tight and not allow it to move around.

just food for thought for an easy solution that wouldnt change anything in the design.

-Chris
    my feedback:
    AO Feedback
    Ebay Feedback

What I know!!

I guess my other question is if this will work with the level 10?
    absolutely!!

i think it would be a good idea to have a lot of things posted on the first post to halt from double questions and the question barrage you guys are getting.

feed neck, detent, barrel threading (angel feed neck and detents, cocker barrels)
    pin and sear stuff (regular rt sear, shorter rt sear axle pin)
    color options (black, raw, third option TBD)
    what parts will come with what will be options (ASA, e-mag terminal covers, picanty rails, different feed necks for warp, breech left right)
    weight (ule'd?)
    possible options (breech orientation)

people have to understand this is a PRODUCTION run which means one model will be put into PRODUCTION for the general masses. amazingly ptp is actually making something we want and is listening to input. the price is based on their design if they take any change into consideration they have full rights to raise the price accordingly thus keep it simple for us not so willing to pay a ton of money for that beautiful body. even if you want something you have to consider the other few hundred or so who may not want it...

with that said please keep it small, smooth, and pretty

Everyone has to understand that when we change something on the design it also changes the dynamics of the body which can make something else change. We are making adjustments to make sure it fits with the things you want, but you have to understand we can only do so much and guarantee a quality product. Which we wont put out unless we feel it is top notch. This is MY project for you....Lets not mess it up. I have more for you, but unless this is successful no one is going to take me seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nearchos
    just an easy idea to fix such a problem without having "wings" on the vertical asa. cut/mill a recessed spot in the center of the top of the asa. then, just drop a split washer in the recessed spot....and that should keep it nice and tight and not allow it to move around.

Using a split washer would most definitely screw up the anno, even if you don't see it that will ruin part of the body
    All of the vert ASAs I tend to see have either wings (on my 'cockers) or 2 screws (in the case of my RTs). The ones that don't are either angled or have no airport and so orientation is not important (like on a piranha).
    That's why I asked.

But yes, whatever PTP decides to do I'm sure it will be great. I just have a lot of questions about how they plan to tackle some obstacles.

Not trying to make any design changes, just curious and insightful...

It will be awsome to have one

Using a split washer would most definitely screw up the anno, even if you don't see it that will ruin part of the body

true, it would tuch the anno (not seen though as you have said). but a screw does the same thing....rips into the anno when tightened. plus, dont forget they are using a much stronger metal....so it wouldnt be as bad as you think it would be.

i just suggest it as an idea because it wouldnt require any big change in the design and would be very simple to do. so aagain...it was just an idea.

-Chris