Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: PTP Micromag 2009 Body Preorder List

Dend78 is offline Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum Feedback Score 1 (100%)

PTP Micromag 2009 Body Preorder List

ok here is the list

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*** = PAID
    (#) = number of bodies ordered
    "name" = either i mispelled your name or i cant send you a PM
    name = lucky turd that gets a free one

Dend78 (2)***
    Pullman ***
    micromag-man (3)***
    MadMarx ***
    Summary Judgement ***
    Whee McGee ***
    Wetwrks (2) ***
    LK-13 (3) ***
    Oiled Midget ***
    Mag79 ***
    Going_Home ***
    MT84 ***
    SecretweaponEvan***
    Robertsr1811***
    Mstrtal***
    Mechmags (2) ***
    Looper (2) ***
    Utu ***
    Deadpool2000 (2)***
    Engus
    Luke ***
    Ratt ***
    Ruler Mark ***
    Vircolac ***
    Dawg047 ***
    TeamJackal37 ***
    Brewtt ***
    Mpsd ***
    Ligflava ***
    riceboi ***
    C_losjoker (2) ***
    Knightnight4u ***
    Xero28 ***
    Maniacmechanic ***
    Vvulfe ***
    Mayvik ***
    Karu Pappa (PBN) ***
    Mjlynnjr ***
    BenoitOWN ***
    Zondo ***
    Chronobreak ***
    The Joker ***
    p8ntbal4me (2) ***
    redic ***
    sticrazzzy (MCB) ***
    onecaribou (MCB) ***
    Surge-NS (MCB) ***
    Dirty Deuce (MCB)***
    jay8541 ***
    dark blade ***
    lamaniac88 (PBN) ***
    gunangel ***
    Riley Smith ***
    Wickwire ***
    Joseph Holt ***
    Thotograph ***
    Thelar ***
    Uranus633 ***
    karta-mag ***
    grelvire ***
    chris ***
    GRimm (3) ***
    Kevin Sill ***
    Swamp Thing (3) ***
    rx2 ***
    pk5 ***
    maghog ***
    D G (MCB) ***
    Hgblues ***
    sea_chip ***
    BigEvil ***
    motodrom16 (2) ***
    Kevin Sill ***
    LabRat (2)***
    eckoblazer ***
    Saleenlmz ***
    hysnyper ***
    sniper.007 ***
    JudgeParker (MCB) ***
    BOFH ***
    jincay ***
    Mayzons ***
    Stuffy ***
    spduca (2) ***

Now here is what i need from you if your name is on the list you were on the original interest list, and if you no longer want to be on the list please pm me or post here that you no longer want to be. Also I would like you all to think on something, the numbering system for the bodies has come up again and our original thoughts were this start at like 000 and go up to say 200 (or however many bodies are made), but Tracy and I talked a little more in depth about it and since the numbers will be engraved and not metal stamped the numbering will be done after anno, thus they will get back a buch of bodies that all look exactly the same without numbers meaning who knows what one came off the line first. Since this is a limited run anyway and there are only gonna be X amount of bodies made do we want to stick with one numbering system and where you are on the list is it or do we want to scrap the numbering idea all together? I need some input on that as well.

Dend78
    Last edited by Dend78; 03-23-2009 at 11:50 AM.
    2k2 Angel LCD
    turbo trigger
    CP volumizer
    PIPE KIT

2k Angel CnC LCD
    Vert Frame
    Freak Barrel

B2k x-milled
    micro rock
    Dye sticky 3's
    vertical max-flo
    Edge barrel with blue J&J tip

Egg 2 y board
    Empire Reloader
    Dye Throttle 91/4500
    Crossfire 114ci/3000
    Angel Air Reg

Since it's a limited edition I think we should have something... I guess it really doesn't matter that much if you can't tell the machining order.

Maybe something like "Limited Edition of 200" on each one.

I like the idea of engraving them with numbers. Its a fun way of keeping track, makes it a limited thing,

and

one day Robert will have every single one of them in his collection and he'll need to know which one is which?

Can they be engraved in the production in such a way that when finished, it still shows up?

Maybe even some kind of a code that looks like decoration?

Maybe a barcode of some sort?

I am still down for two bodies. i was just thinking, will the PTP logo be on the bodies anywhere. i think the logo and right under the logo 1 of 200 would be cool way.

didn't i order 2? lol anyway probly the worst timing for me ahaha i just lost my job. oh well i dont need to go to college anyway XD ill see how much cash i have and ill get back to you in a few days

please take me off the list (I do not care for the new body)

list updated

outreach -

you may have said you wanted two but it now comes down to how many you pay for if you pay for 2 then you get the specail (2) beside your name

I would like to be added to this list.

I would like to be added to the list also.

Thanks
    SC

I have paid......

Well, I screwed up my first Paypal payment. I meant for it to be the full $230 (includes shipping), but I accidentally sent $100. I immediately sent the remaining $130. Soooo, there have been two payments that combined equal $230 from SummaryJudgment for 1 body.

i do not like the idea of numbering them

it has 3 parts to it so it see no point in numbering. Since at some point in time replacement

parts maybe needed. Would you want the to them engrave each new part with your number?

not to mention some people will find a way to U.L.E. theseand the number might go away

any ways.

like it was noted by Dend78 they will be numbered after anno

so what it the point of having #1 if it is not really not number one

with the current plan all that the numbers mean to me is that i posted i want one before

some else did.

(this is only my opinion please do not attack me)

I think an engraved serial # on the body under the breech would be nice. and Dend: I dont know if you want to talk to tracy about it, but couldnt you technically mark me as "paid"?

i agree with engus on the location of the serial number... i think that under the breech on the flat part of the body (facing upwards towards the breech) there should be the ptp symbol with a serial number engraved... that way it is covered for those who do not wish to have a visible one. Yet for those to whom it matters, you can take the breech out to show off your design and S/N which would never be lost or changed because it will always be on the body and even if the body gets a new breech, the body will have the S/N which is the main part

also... this would never get removed when ULE jobbing it because that area pretty much needs to remain how it is in order to not make the body look like doo doo after milling

Numbering is just another way of making this more special.

There is something to be said for having one of the last Micromags made. Its nice to know that they will never make another series of these, etc.

Its a limited production item and should be something fun in 20 years to have.

i personally kinda of really need the numbering system... and to be more specific. the number 13. Its a long story that involves a promise to the gf fiancee who told me i had to quit paintball unless i put the number of the day we started dating on my marker...

but i think just because something isnt the very first one off the machine doesnt mean its not the first one to be owned... you can take a cheerio out of a box and eat it and have it be the first one of 200 without it being the first made ever...

who is gonna know... i mean seriously...

i still vouch for right under the breech on that nice flat spot that is just craving to have it put on there... but i think unless actual metal is going to be removed (not laser engraved), then they should be stamped so that its permanent no matter what people do with them (ano, paint, powdercoat) oh how i hate powdercoat

Quote Originally Posted by Engus
    I think an engraved serial # on the body under the breech would be nice. and Dend: I dont know if you want to talk to tracy about it, but couldnt you technically mark me as "paid"?

yeah you know i never thought about that but i guess you are paid up ill fix ya up in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by dark blade
    i personally kinda of really need the numbering system... and to be more specific. the number 13.

who is gonna know... i mean seriously...
    That being said, if you can't get the 13 from PTP, just ask for one without a number and have someone else engrave the number for you. There you go, done.

I agree with Engus and DarkBlade about putting the number on the piece under the breach.

Even if there is no way to be sure it is the exact number off the machine, it is still cool to start stories with "I have number __ and they only made 200!" or whatever.
    Having a number, even if the number is an outright fabrication, somehow gives more value to the item, especially if "out of X" is included.

However, it would not increase the value of 1 over say, 50 as the 50 could be 1...
    They'd all be equal as far as rarity, just numbering gives more definition to the rarity.
    Say in 15 years this thread gets lost and no one knows how many Micros were made, if they are numbered that gives them a whole new perspective.

But...
    Being as there is no way to positively ID the machining order, then I don't think serial requests would be going too far.
    As long as the person who would have gotten the number 22 in the list, for example, doesn't mind not having 22 then the person who wants that number should get it.
    It should be within the alloted number of bodies produced, though, like if someone wants number 507 and only 200 are made then they obviously can't get that number...

And the PTP logo, if there will be one, should be somewhere inconspicuous yet noticeable... like on the angled part in front of the sight rail or something. Out of the way as to not distract from the body but somewhere where it will show up and be seen.
    Or if that spot is too small then how about between the sight rail and the breach?
    Last edited by Watcher; 01-23-2009 at 05:03 AM.

Whatever and wherever it is selected, it should also NOT be optional. if ten get it, then they all get it.

My other BIG question is, will this truly be the ONLY run of these?

Say six months from now, some paintball distributer likes these and wants to have them made mainstream. Will PTP make 10,000 of them at $100 a body?

Also, I am sure that the first one or two will be kept under watchful eye so that PTP can keep them for themselves. If they can find a way of keeping them set aside from the rest, then they should find a way of tagging them as they come off the machines. Its not rocket science to keep track of these in the order that they came off the machines. If they understand that its fun for us kids to have them tagged in numbers as they are produced, then it would also be fun to have them marked as such.

The numbering thing is the simple solution, BUT i still think it would be neat to program in a line or dot per each body. maybe a dot along the edge on each side.

no dot - 0
    1 dote - 001
    2 dots - 002

i think one can deduct where i am headed here. Space it so that half the dots can fit on one side and half on the other. i visual signature of the production?

I am sure that they can keep track of a mere 100 bodies?

I agree with dark blade and Engus, under the breach and having some number. I think for 220.00 I want some sort of identification on it. I am not on the list yet but I am getting the funds together. I just think it would be nice to show that you had on of the originals or even just such and such number what ever it may be. I know you guys say limited but money talks and BS walks if you get a big demand for these later you cant say in a business mind no to that group or “ profit “ and it would be nice to at lest say I have one from the first run.

My 2 cents

I think they look great and cant wait to get one

Quote Originally Posted by micromag-man
    Say six months from now, some paintball distributer likes these and wants to have them made mainstream. Will PTP make 10,000 of them at $100 a body?
    I doubt that will ever happen. PTP is a longstanding company, and paintball is no longer their main business. They do it to make US happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletsponge
    I agree with dark blade and Engus, under the breach and having some number. I think for 220.00 I want some sort of identification on it. I am not on the list yet but I am getting the funds together. I just think it would be nice to show that you had on of the originals or even just such and such number what ever it may be. I know you guys say limited but money talks and BS walks if you get a big demand for these later you cant say in a business mind no to that group or “ profit “ and it would be nice to at lest say I have one from the first run.

My 2 cents

I think they look great and cant wait to get one
    Hey gang - I'm jumping in a the end of this string of posts. Everyone is right about being able to identify these as a special edition and we will have no problem finding a way to do that. The issue with milling individual serial numbers into them (versus laser engraving after plating) is this: Anything can happen to an individual part right up until the time it reaches your door (including the UPS driver accidentally driving over the box in the parking lot) and the less individualized the parts are the easier it is to swap out a bad part for a good one at any time. That is a huge issue in a production environment. Keep in mind that the shop is now running 2-3 shifts 6 or 7 days a week and there will be a window that we will have to get the bodies done. There is no such thing (not right now anyway - and thankfully too) as a mill just sitting around empty. We still have some ideas and will keep everyone up to speed.

well i dont think we need to individualize every part of the body. Just the main assembly. If you put your symbol and the s/n under the breech on the flat spot there then it will look great and no matter what happens to the asa, front block, or breech... the body will still be that body.

I'm still in for 1

Quote Originally Posted by Madmarx
    I'm still in for 1
    the preorder is going to be open til valentines day

Quote Originally Posted by Engus
    the preorder is going to be open til valentines day
    good point i added that to the top of the list

im going to solve this problem the easiest way possible... i will put a poll in the paintball talk section.

tell everyone to go there and vote .

GO THERE AND VOTE

the choices are going to be

1.) serial number under breech on flat spot (format - "X of 200")
    2.) serial number on side of the body (format - "X of 200")
    3.) serial number under breech on flat spot (format - S/N# whatever)
    4.) serial number on side of the body (format - S/N# whatever)
    5.) no serial numbers or special markings

the number 200 is only an estimate, that number will change with the number of actual bodies produced

i chose these 5 choices because they seem to be the most commonly suggested

Okay put me on the list. i will paypal my deposit in the next 3 days.
    Last edited by BigTrucker; 01-24-2009 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dend78

Engus

I just noticed this

Quote Originally Posted by Dend78

where is my name in navy blue? dont see it on the list anywhere....i think you are lacking with your list. lol.

-Chris
    my feedback:
    AO Feedback
    Ebay Feedback

What I know!!