Thread: Riccolution

Riccolution

Saw soemthing like this on here a few months back and wanted to try making 1 myself. Its not done yet, but getting there. Has the strength of a pre-BE revy, revy with x-board internals, and the sweet Ricco shells.

This is just a rough copy and am going to make a better, more cleanly cut one after this is done. Im fairly happy with the way this 1 turned out. In front og the feed neck is a little scrappy and ima try to fix that up a little bit. Im also going to come up with a back plate for where the buttons use to be for the Ricco. (Im thinking prolly just a back plate from a halo, if ya wanna hook me up )

The feedneck is striagh coming out of the upper shells, not sure why it doesnt look lke that in the pics

Very nice. I was the original creator of the RiccoLution...

https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...ght=RicoLution

https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...ighlight=druid

It appears in your pics, that the nose of the Ricco shells are somewhat pointing down. That will cause some feed issues, with paint being "stuck" in that nose and you will have to tilt the muzzle up to have them roll down to the raceway (well.....you know what I mean). In my opinion, the next loader you make should have the nose and lateral line of the body more perpendicular to the line of the feed neck.

As far as the Halo Backplate goes, I believe it will be too small. You would be better served by cutting a piece of Plexiglas to the proper size and boring it out for the button/LED...but that's just my opinion.

But looks good so far....good luck

actually

Bad pictures. It is actuallt sriaght, perpendicular, and forming right angles. However you want to say it lol. I have no idea why the pics make it look so retarded, im going to take better pics later tongiht. And it has all the revy internels, includeing the on/off swicth, So a solid backplate should work just fine. Plexiglass is a good idea though and ill prlly go with that

nice.
    I always like hopper mods

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBob
    Bad pictures. It is actuallt sriaght, perpendicular, and forming right angles. However you want to say it lol. I have no idea why the pics make it look so retarded, im going to take better pics later tongiht. And it has all the revy internels, includeing the on/off swicth, So a solid backplate should work just fine. Plexiglass is a good idea though and ill prlly go with that
    Ok then...it just looked like it was. That being the case,

and also, Krylon Fusion is really good paint to work with. When you get it like you want, toss it in a gas oven overnight for a few nights (DON'T TURN THE OVEN ON!!! LEAVE IT OFF!!!) because the warmth from the pilot light will slowly bake the paint and give a harder finish to it. I mean you could probably warm it up to about 150 degrees and shut it OFF and hang the hopper by wires from the rack...but two nights in my oven baked it very nicely and I couldn't scratch the paint off with my thumbnail....

awspme

awsome. I will do that. With the pics, i think b/c there are so many angles on the hopper, it just gives the illusion that its not striaght.... maybe idk lol. But i did some more work to it last night. Ill put the pics up tongiht when i get home. I made a nice little back plate t cover up that ugly hole, and i also had to come up with something for the inside. From where the 2 diff. hoppers came together, it was causing the paint not to fall down. But i think i got it fixed

Will post pics tongiht