Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: P8nt's New Vertical Frame!!!

Is the next one the version of the electronic Airwalk frame that went MIA a while ago??

Quote Originally Posted by splat15k
    Is the next one the version of the electronic Airwalk frame that went MIA a while ago??

No it is not. That design is not my own. I dont have permission to use it.

~ P8nt

Quote Originally Posted by p8ntbal4me
    No it is not. That design is not my own. I dont have permission to use it.

~ P8nt

Fantastic! That means it will actually be a true surprise!

i would love to post up some details of the next project,... but what that ends up doing is guys holdout for something that may NEVER come along.

It better to work one item at a time.

~ P8nt

UPDATE

Ive decided to change the power switch in the proto-type for a few reasons. One being the switch the the devil mag used (and I was planning to use) is under short demands now and there is a huge factory lead time for them.

I am going to go with something simple and easier to get a hold of. Milling of the pocket for the switch has changed some.

~ P8nt

damn, good looking out and thinking ahead. that would suck to have more project held up becuase you cant get the parts. look forward to final proto.

UPDATE

So I went to Radio Shack yesterday and bought some new switches to try out.

The spacing was the same as the one found in the Devil Mag frame,.. which was good.

However I wasnt liking the "life" of the switch very much and a few other things I had to check out before making a call on the permenant choice of what we are going to use.

I went with a switch that is stocked by Digi-key and is always on hand from the manufacturer. Its measurements are also "standard" for its switch class,.. meaning that if the switch used ever becomes obsolete,.... you can get another switch from 7 other manufacturers that will fit. That's something that is hard to do for the Devil Mag,.. and Id venture to say "impossible" in most cases.

So we changed the milling on the frame to reflect the new switches.

~ P8nt

UPDATE

All the switches came in for the frames

The new proto-type is going on the CNC next Monday for sure

I have all but 5 triggers for the first run of frames on hand now

I should have word on the new boards in by next week,.. but they wont hold up the frame production in any way.

Im back to work full time now as of yesterday,... so updates will be slower now

This will be my highest priority now that the Logic Ripper Frame electronics have been delivered

We are still moving forward!

~ P8nt

Quote Originally Posted by p8ntbal4me
    UPDATE

All the switches came in for the frames

The new proto-type is going on the CNC next Monday for sure

I have all but 5 triggers for the first run of frames on hand now

I should have word on the new boards in by next week,.. but they wont hold up the frame production in any way.

Im back to work full time now as of yesterday,... so updates will be slower now

This will be my highest priority now that the Logic Ripper Frame electronics have been delivered

We are still moving forward!

~ P8nt

Sounds awesome, sir! Keep up the good work!

well done that man,, Looking good.

This is looking great! I have a great need for this frame, is there still room to get in on the ground floor? Are you taking deposits yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverback
    This is looking great! I have a great need for this frame, is there still room to get in on the ground floor? Are you taking deposits yet?

We are not taking deposits at this time,.. we are still going to test one more frame version.

I am working to have the entire frame order 90% fronted to keep the deposit(s) down or eliminated all together.

~ P8nt

Sounds good, I am a definate when you get all the bugs worked out.....

UPDATE:

For those of you following this thread, we have a question to ask:

What does the majority of you feel about an "Eye' button being added to the frame?

Basically we would have the following choices for button layouts:

#1) A slide switch for power and no eye button
    #2) A slide switch for power and an eye button
    #3) A button for power and an eye button

I was thinking about it,.. and wanted to run it by everyone. This would ONLY be a conern if we had to go with UTBs due to the new boards being delayed (I wont hold the frame production up)

I havent ruled out the ability of doing a run of each type of frame either,... just getting some feedback at this point

~ P8nt

UPDATE

Figured since the general population has always been reluctant to dive into spending money on a custom project in the past,... maybe I should show some more details on how much invested we are into getting these frames completed and out there for you guys!

Here are the UTB boards set aside in the event that the new boards are delayed

Here is a shot of the UTBs with the capacitors that will be used in the new frame and electronics.
    Total capacitors I have on hand will be enough to make 200 frames

Close up of the capacitors

Here is a container (that I just dropped ) full of axle pins, set screws, and other various parts for the testing frames as well as all parts for the finished frames

Here are the screws for the power switches and 30 power switches. The bag in the upper left is the set screws for the axle pins. Below the set screws for the axle pins are 13 triggers,.. I am hoping to get some more when I can afford them.

The goal is to get 25 frames out in the first run. The success of the first run will determine if we do another run after that. If there is more than 25 orders in the first run,.. we will do 50 frames total

~ P8nt

frame

anyone know if this project is still live?

I was just thinking about this. I sure hope so. last if I remember he was having someone else do the production of them. But he or that new person has said when they are going to start up production.

We tested the 2nd Proto-type this last weekend and had amazing results!

We are looking at changing one small detail but I will decide that on the fly.

I have to get the remaining triggers from 2 different sources (because I am going to be using 2 different triggers)

I have looked into my grips as well. Pretty sure we got this all hammered out.

Production will start soon (less than 3 weeks)

I will end up doing a pre-order,.. but that cost will be doable (about $100)

Target price is looking to be $400-450.... we will know more once we tweek the G-Code this weekend.

Im URGING all those that want one of these frames NOT to wait. Get a deposit in and hold your spot. frames will be delivered upon full payment. Lack of guys holding out on the pre-order will not effect those that pay in full and want delivery before anyone else.

~ P8nt

win will we be able to pre order

Quote Originally Posted by phill7
    win will we be able to pre order
    2 weeks

sounds great, will they be annodized? Complete bolt on frames?

Quote Originally Posted by reckid1986
    sounds great, will they be annodized? Complete bolt on frames?

Yup,.. complete bolt on ready to go frame

~ P8nt