Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: P8nt's New Vertical Frame!!!

If these get off the ground, I will take one for sure!

Great job

is this different frame from the one offered by Tuna, the M90 frame or they one and the same. since i might miss out on tuna's frame, if this is a different frame maybe i can pick up when it comes around.

Quote Originally Posted by C_losjoker
    is this different frame from the one offered by Tuna, the M90 frame or they one and the same. since i might miss out on tuna's frame, if this is a different frame maybe i can pick up when it comes around.
    Pretty sure that these frames are special electro frames, not the all in one frames.

Quote Originally Posted by C_losjoker

This frame is not like the M-90.

The M-90 is a frame that completes the needs for those of us wanting to build a Pneu-mag without all the hassle.....

... just so you know,... I am buying an M-90 from the second run

My frames provide an Electro Solution.

~ P8nt

Quote Originally Posted by p8ntbal4me
    This frame is not like the M-90.

The M-90 is a frame that completes the needs for those of us wanting to build a Pneu-mag without all the hassle.....

... just so you know,... I am buying an M-90 from the second run

My frames provide an Electro Solution.

~ P8nt

Get to it, I needs'me one! I have 3 bodies coming from Mongoose that will need to be built up

UPDATE;

Im in the middle of making a deal to of load my design of this frame.

With times the way they are,... I cant afford to push forward as a solo project.

~ P8nt

hope your looking to have magnus do them, that would keep him busy for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by reckid1986
    hope your looking to have magnus do them, that would keep him busy for a while.

A guy local to me that has some contacts in the industry is interested in what I have been working on.

When i sell my designs out, I hope that the buyer produces something for everyone to enjoy.

~ P8nt

well, we are all hoping something comes to life with this.

well, we are all hoping something comes to life with this.

You will have something,......

~ P8nt

UPDATE

I got the test frame back...... all I can say is,..... WOW

I have to dig out my ULE rail and body to mount it onto tomorrow.

I have a new board to test it with,.... hope everything will work as well as the frame turned out.

~ P8nt

stop teasing, where's the picz.

stop teasing, where's the picz.

Hows bouts a videos

~ P8nt

it looks great, i cant wait till they become available.

it looks great, i cant wait till they become available.
    A work in progress.

~ P8nt

Looks good.

UPDATE

New video: Frame is fully functional!

~ P8nt

UPDATE:

Here is a virtual tour of the frame in Solid Works

~ P8nt

A guy local to me that has some contacts in the industry is interested in what I have been working on.

When i sell my designs out, I hope that the buyer produces something for everyone to enjoy.

~ P8nt

p8nt , I know you have put countless hours in this frame & board and I really think you have something great going on , you have allready done all the R & D work , evidently allready have a machinest & a board maker , so I wonder why you you would sell your designs , instead of marketing it yourself ??

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmechanic
    p8nt , I know you have put countless hours in this frame & board and I really think you have something great going on , you have allready done all the R & D work , evidently allready have a machinest & a board maker , so I wonder why you you would sell your designs , instead of marketing it yourself ??

Time management really......

I dont want to commit my extra time to these projects and let them fall behind.

I have a 7 month old now and shes what I want to spend my time on.

I get my enjoyment from designing things and testing for paintball rather than playing paintball.

I would rather get some money from my R&D,... help fund the next thing I want to do,... and spend time with my new family.

I know if I do this on my own,.... it will slow down or never happen.

I will still be in the loop,... and I will probably be handling the production details. But for the liability and funding to the machine shop,... someone else with much deeper pockets will take care of that.

~ P8nt

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmechanic
    evidently allready have a board maker , so I wonder why you you would sell your designs , instead of marketing it yourself ??

Im doing the board on my own,...... so I can control the frame progress.

These boards will be covered under a license purchased by me.

Long and short: The new board is covered in the event someone wants to steal the design. If that happens,... that person will be taking on a company, not me.

Again,... someone with deeper pockets will be in the loop.

~ P8nt

UPDATE:

I have been talking with some other interested designers about the new frame this week.

Milling changes on the Inside: We are going to cut another proto-type to test the function of the solenoid with a different stroke length. The way we have it setup now works,.. but we are going to try and get some more "life" from the solenoid and battery.

Milling changes on the Outside: There wont be any other changes to the cosmetic milling at this point,.... I think we have a winner where we stand on that issue.

Power Switches: I got the replacement power switches in yesterday for the entire run.

Mounting Solutions for Components: I had to order another kind of screw for the power switches. They should be in on Wednesday. The remainder of the screws for the other parts have all arrived for the entire run of frames.

Backup component Solutions: I dont want to have the problem of boards becoming "on short demand" half way through the project, so I have set aside (25) UTBs for the frames.

~ P8nt

UPDATE:

Milling changes on the Outside: There wont be any other changes to the cosmetic milling at this point,.... I think we have a winner where we stand on that issue.

Power Switches: I got the replacement power switches in yesterday for the entire run.

Mounting Solutions for Components: I had to order another kind of screw for the power switches. They should be in on Wednesday. The remainder of the screws for the other parts have all arrived for the entire run of frames.

Backup component Solutions: I dont want to have the problem of boards becoming "on short demand" half way through the project, so I have set aside (25) UTBs for the frames.

~ P8nt

so from what you said, will you be making 25 frames to start with or is that it.

so from what you said, will you be making 25 frames to start with or is that it.
    We will be making 25 frames to start. We will make more if there is a high demand for them.

Right after these frames,.. we will be rolling out another frame. Its already designed,.. we are just waiting on a response from the patent office and a part to be completed.

~ P8nt

oh so you have another super secret ninja frame on the way, hmmm

oh so you have another super secret ninja frame on the way, hmmm

Yes. Once the frame show here is done with,.. we will be moving on to another project.

~ P8nt

frames

what will be diffrent between the 2 i want won but if the next won is better i can wait also in the first frame will we have the option of just getting the frame or will it only come complete

i would think complete since he set aside the utb's for them already.

so is there any insight on the next frame, at least what kind it is.

Quote Originally Posted by phill7
    what will be diffrent between the 2 i want won but if the next won is better i can wait
    The next frame will not be shown until the first one is sold out. You take a huge chance in not getting anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by phill7
    also in the first frame will we have the option of just getting the frame or will it only come complete
    You will be getting a complete frame with all the needed parts. You will not be able to get JUST a frame. We cannot be responsible for "user error" to put a frame together correctly after it leaves assembly.

~ P8nt

so is there any insight on the next frame, at least what kind it is.
    It will not be like the first one. And it will be under testing when the first one sells.

I have high hopes for both frames.

~ P8nt