Thread: Help with a milled rail...

Help with a milled rail...

I am not sure if this should be in Tech section or here, so mods move if I inappropriately posted here. I bought a Tac 1 body and rail combo which was milled significantly. The previous owner used Emag lowers, so the milling you see in the pictures didn't matter to him. I want to put a vertical CA adapter for a foregrip and don't know what to do. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Feedback

For Sale Link

Retro MAG for sale

Back in the Bronx again baby!

Doesn’t look promising.

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    Doesn’t look promising.
    No it does not look good at all. Tape off the bottom and fill it with epoxy then re-drill the hole.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Best I can think of is to have one of the machinests here clean up the dremal work. Make a filler block that has mounting holes in it then pin or screw that block in from the sides of the rail. That is if there is enough material.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman
    No it does not look good at all. Tape off the bottom and fill it with epoxy then re-drill the hole.
    When you say epoxy, do you mean like the JB weld stuff that hardens like concrete? I was thinking about that, just wasn't sure if it would last.

Also, Tuna did you get my email regarding the RT Sear and Pin? Thanks.

there's this stuff called quicksteel i bought from an auto store, similar to jb weld but more like putty, it's tappable and pretty strong.
    tho cleaning that up and fitting a block of aluminum, n usin a few small screws may hold up to abuse better.

Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th
    Best I can think of is to have one of the machinests here clean up the dremal work. Make a filler block that has mounting holes in it then pin or screw that block in from the sides of the rail. That is if there is enough material.
    That's a good possibility if he wants to spend the money.

madmatt151, PM me if this is something you want to do.