Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LK-13's polished my marker (PIC HEAVY!!!)

LK-13's polished my marker (PIC HEAVY!!!)

*UPDATED PIC'S THROUGHOUT THESE PAGES*

Finally assembled and tuned my Pneumag that went to LK-13 for polishing. I had an old thread that had pic's of the various parts so i figured that I'd start a new one now that I have outdoor pic's of the marker fully functional. The pic's at the end really show how mirrored this really is.

MOTM submissions pic.

Can you see the cloud's in my grip panels below?

Had to really struggle to get a pic without reflections.

Business End.

Now some would say. "Chris, you don't play speedball! What the hell are you doing with a fully polished marker? Well at least it blends in a little

Check he grass in the grip panels... (haven't gotten full woods pic's yet)

... ok so maybe I DO like the stand out, but just a little. Thanks LK-13

P.S. If anyone want's to see the before pic's check out my entry at the bottom of pg 80. on the official mag pic's thread.
    Last edited by chafnerjr; 02-22-2010 at 09:43 AM. Reason: UPDATED PIC'S

Haha! Nice end product dude! I remember seeing it at a scenario, and it sure has come a long way! I haven't really seen such a polished marker in a long time, most people just go with clear and leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zone Drifter
    Haha! Nice end product dude! I remember seeing it at a scenario, and it sure has come a long way! I haven't really seen such a polished marker in a long time, most people just go with clear and leave it at that.
    Thanks! I was trying to remember your tag! Your digi-camo mag was the first I've ever seen with the hopper mod for the warp feed!

Clear anno would have dulled it quite a bit (so the various anno-er's tell me). I was thinking about doing that last year but didn't have the cash! Besides, what would I do with all the free time I'd save by not having to baby the polished aluminum Just wait until I take a good digger on field
    Last edited by chafnerjr; 06-07-2009 at 03:25 PM.

Wow. LK-13 definitely knows what he is doing. That looks great.

The chrome CP barrel I have would really finish the look! Hint, hint

lol... Nice job!

that is gorgeous!!

WOW

Its a shame the X-valve couldn't get more silvery...

Shiny

mmmmm.... shiny!

l like the reflective properties of that marker... you need an SS barrel for that thing

Quote Originally Posted by TaCticulMerderer18you
    need an SS barrel for that thing
    SithSteve's already working on getting me to buy his chrome CP earlier in the post... so I guess that's probably the next thing that I get to buy What I really need is to figure out my LPR issues... the tickler that's in the frame in the pic's is just too wide for the panels to fit on flush so we're rebuilding a tickler from a karni that should be in the marker in the next few days. All last year I played without grip panels at all... heck I think it looks cool like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher
    Its a shame the X-valve couldn't get more silvery...
    I know huh! When one markets pewter XValves... gunmetal isn't generally the color that I imagine! I'm thinking of maybe accenting it by trying to anno a few things to match the valve... like:
    trigger, detents, fittings... who knows... Right now I can't wait to see how to see how this is recieved on field. I've already got my brother down my back for making a "pretty/shiny" mag (even though he shoots a tequila sunrise emag )

Fingerprint. Nightmare.

But really freakin' cool.

oh...uh...
    just discovered that I forgot to stick the CP logo dots back on.
    I saved them.
    got them right here...
    guess I can stick them back on when you send her back after that digger you were talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by LK-13
    oh...uh...
    just discovered that I forgot to stick the CP logo dots back on.
    I saved them.
    got them right here...
    guess I can stick them back on when you send her back after that digger you were talking about.
    Heh heh heh... I figured that they just didn't survive lol! I'm sure we'll figure them out somehow! Thanks again for all your hard work and for smuggling this across our hostile border. Hopefully the body cavity searches went well, don't you know by now not to light your van on fire at the border crossing!

Why not just switch out the LPR with one like a palmers or other sleek one.

Looks good BTW...

DM

Quote Originally Posted by DevilMan
    Why not just switch out the LPR with one like a palmers or other sleek one.
    I bought a brand new AKA SCMIII just for this project and there was simply no way to fit it... so I then went to a brand new Palmers Microck, which also didn't fit (both too tall). Heck even a standard AC LPR was too tall to adjust when installed. Ultimately I think I will end up with a polished karni LPR, but I'd much prefer one that was adjustable via allen wrench rather than a knob style LPR. Even the bottom of the frame had to be milled out a little to fit the current tickler.

Now, if you happen to know of an LPR that's about the size of a tickler (more specifically the thinner, though slightly talled karni LPR) I would be quite in your debt sir!

P.S. I do hope you like what your rail ended up on! Remember I owe you!

Yeah I do like it... I had a nickel palmers barrel that would look good on that, but I parted ways with it long ago....

Maybe you should trade off/sell the X valve and just go with a black one. I think it'd look better and your black accent pieces would be fine.

DM

I've got one sitting around here... I'll throw it on and take a look... perhaps even a pic. Thanks for the idea I was sort of thinking that a week or so before I got it back and forgot to check once I got a little drunk on some good ol' mag pron

Homer moment: "Nickle Palmers, Mmmmmn..." You know, a while back I bought a 14" DW fibur (not this one) and I accidentally separated the rear metal piece one day when the barrel got "stuck" in the marker. I traded it to my brother and he immediately glued it back and it's been fantastic since! Seems that I could have possibly had that polished (or whatever) and set back on the barrel. Yet another missed opportunity .

Dropped you a PM man...

Check it out and let me know...

DM

what about those LPR's that came stock on the WGP superstocks?

Like this one

Quote Originally Posted by TaCticulMerderer18
    what about those LPR's that came stock on the WGP superstocks?

Like this one
    I;d have to take a look at one... DM PM'ed me with what I thought was normal AC LPR's... perhaps these are shorter? Do you happen to know the length (including and excluding the threading? I'll keep an eye out for them. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by chafnerjr
    I;d have to take a look at one... DM PM'ed me with what I thought was normal AC LPR's... perhaps these are shorter? Do you happen to know the length (including and excluding the threading? I'll keep an eye out for them. Thanks!
    I'll get you the length and all... just give me a bit....

DM

have u considered polishing the x-valve? u'd lose the X but it'd match at least or find a beat up old X that needs re-anno or polish.

also have u thought of milling the insides of the grip panels to fit the lpr?

or if u dun care much about the lpr u have, sand down the sides of the knob

Quote Originally Posted by BiNumber3
    have u considered polishing the x-valve? u'd lose the X but it'd match at least or find a beat up old X that needs re-anno or polish.

also have u thought of milling the insides of the grip panels to fit the lpr?

or if u dun care much about the lpr u have, sand down the sides of the knob
    Oh yes! I am waiting on finds to buy a cheap faded X to try that with! (not a huge priority as wisdom teeth are coming out next) but I've been a little lazy to getting around to taking pic's with a black X that's on my wife's mag.

My brother kept trying to get me to mill the insides of the grips (which is certainly do-able). He also mentioned sanding/rounding the cap. Heck he's even currently modifying the cap of an old karni tickler to fit the current stock tickler. However I've got a hidden untouched set of clear grip panels that I can't cut into . At some point I'd like to really showcase the internal pneumatics. Now I know this sort of defeats the purpose of having a sleeper setup but I can switch the panels back and forth as I like.

Thanks for the suggestions! If I only had hundreds of $$$ more to sink into this marker (already cost more than an X-Mag) I'd like to try for a polished EMax or TunaMax valve

Got the new barrel!

So I just got the new barrel that was mentioned previously... what do you all think?

My new camo grips!
    Last edited by chafnerjr; 06-26-2009 at 11:45 PM.

Absolute beautiful gun!

Want a nice polished trigger to go with it? I've got one lying around here somewhere...PM me.
    Very nice looking gun.
    Dan@Triggernomics

Quote Originally Posted by Maghog
    Want a nice polished trigger to go with it? I've got one lying around here somewhere...PM me.
    Very nice looking gun.
    Dan@Triggernomics
    PM sent! You don't have to ask me twice

haha its kind of funny that the polishing does actually hide the gun in the woods. That last picture is crazy. Where the grass is shining on the frame, you cant tell its a reflection unless you were aware of it before hand

CHAMELEON MAG

Looks amazing! I was wondering when you were gonna update your pics.

Quote Originally Posted by SithSteve
    Looks amazing! I was wondering when you were gonna update your pics.
    Yep... still haven't put the black XValve on in leu of the pewter, but I'm trying not to Now... I've been teased now by MagHog potentially offering up a trigger of some sort. Now I'm sitting here drooling over the possibilities! If I do pick up a polished trigger out of the deal then I will officially have to pick up polished detents so that they aren't the only black things left on it. (OK I'll need to find a polished frame screw.

Well... Just got a nice can of turtle wax... so my day tomorrow seems like it's all planned out!