Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The Mystery frame from Tunaball3

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage reigns
    Are there anymore Talon triggers available? And why was this not in the dealer thread?
    yes. I have gloss and dust. Email me.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Well, just ordered my milled out Luke's grips so I will see how well it fits a micro rock once they arrive...
    Superbolt

Quote Originally Posted by Shirow
    Well, just ordered my milled out Luke's grips so I will see how well it fits a micro rock once they arrive...

Excellent, I look forward to pictures as I will likely go the same route.

Magnus Guest
    Looks like the grip situation has been solved

Quote Originally Posted by Ando
    Look out Luke, your PM box is about to explode!!!
    ...Yep...I said it first

Quote Originally Posted by Ando
    ...Yep...I said it first
    Nice thing is they only come in dust black and that's what I wanted

Just got word that Loguz finished modding my ASA too, now all I need to do is wait for the Cheater to ship next week and it's ready to roll!

Just got word that Loguz finished modding my ASA too, now all I need to do is wait for the Cheater to ship next week and it's ready to roll!
    I really have to get back to messing with mine.. I cant get it to work right in my classic Rt. I think I know what is wrong with it though...

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil
    I really have to get back to messing with mine.. I cant get it to work right in my classic Rt. I think I know what is wrong with it though...
    Yeah, you need to build a new mag for it!

Only dust black!? In that case, I will not be going that route.

I really have to get back to messing with mine.. I cant get it to work right in my classic Rt. I think I know what is wrong with it though..
    I went through a full 68/45 when trying to set up my cheater. Still not set correctly since I ran out of air... I can't wait for Tom's compressor!

Quote Originally Posted by splat15k
    Only dust black!? In that case, I will not be going that route.
    Well, they are aluminum so you can have them powdered/annoed but yeah, raw or dust black only.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus
    Looks like the grip situation has been solved
    That makes me curious, but I still think the best option is to sell the frame without grips, slightly lower the price, and let the customer find their own grips. Simply because you can't make every one happy with the grips you choose, I'd rather buy the grips I want with the money saved from a lower price.

How many of the people that bought from the first run actually plan on using those champagne grips?

Quote Originally Posted by smeek
    That makes me curious, but I still think the best option is to sell the frame without grips, slightly lower the price, and let the customer find their own grips. Simply because you can't make every one happy with the grips you choose, I'd rather buy the grips I want with the money saved from a lower price.

How many of the people that bought from the first run actually plan on using those champagne grips?
    I think a good choice would be to offer Luke's grip at a slightly higher price or the non wraparound black Angel grips I linked earlier.

Most people would probably be happy with black rubber grips and if they were planning to replace with Lukes anyway, saves some time/money if they can get them shipped with it.

I hadn't really been very excited about the M90, but after getting my hands on Big E's this past weekend at TopGun it made me see the light. With the Cyberave's pneu kit installed in it I was very impressed. It was very smooth, and shot really good !! I definitely plan on picking one up in the future to pneu, and will probably use it to play some tournaments next season. The frame was really comfortable, and I am not a huge fan of 90* frames. Great job on the frame Magnus !! I look forward to seeing some more products in the future, and I can't wait to get my hands on my own M-90 frame !!

Quote Originally Posted by smeek

Im guessing that Magnus included grips because if he hadnt he would have been lynched for not putting out a complete finished product. Champagne . Although not my color of choice its not to bad a color. Mine have already been swapped to blue.

Have you tryed to get new rubber IR3 grips in anything other then odd colors lately? They are almost impossible to get.

Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th
    Have you tryed to get new rubber IR3 grips in anything other then odd colors lately? They are almost impossible to get.
    Yep... I had been looking for some since these frames were announced. There were a few threads selling verious 90* panels or grips, but the rubber ones always had the window and ebay wasn't any help either. I finally found some on here buried in the BST's.

I've been searching for similar panels for my Airwalk with no luck as well.

Well, I got my Luke's grips today with 1/8" milled out the inside to accomodate a micro rock. They look nice but don't fit QUITE as smoothly as I had hoped. There is a very small part by the top left screw that overhangs the frame the tiniest bit but it is not that bad, you probably wouldn't notice it on someone elses gun.

The black screws don't fit the M90 either so I had to use the stock silver screws for now.

That all being said, they look good and fit nicely but they are c-o-l-d! Definitely warm weather/glove grips for sure..

I also got my Loguz modded CP ASA in today... so once the Cheater+LPR get here (hopefully a week or so) I will do a big write up + pics of the setup. Hopefully the Cheater will fit right out of the box!

I have no Idea what the screws were for. Maybe an Angel? Glad to see someone else went for Luke's grips.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirge
    I have no Idea what the screws were for. Maybe an Angel? Glad to see someone else went for Luke's grips.
    Maybe they fit the Chimera, dunno.. I gotta go hunt some black screws later though

The lines up top near that screw hole are a little different. If there is a lot of extra meat on the grip in that area it overhangs. You dont even notice it on the Angel ir3 or g7 panels.

The lines up top near that screw hole are a little different. If there is a lot of extra meat on the grip in that area it overhangs. You dont even notice it on the Angel ir3 or g7 panels.
    Maybe the M90 v2 could come with some custom aluminum grips.. honestly, I would've gladly paid another $25 for a good fitting pair in place of the champagne ones.

The Luke's ones fit pretty good but they are not perfect

Can you post up a picture?

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    Can you post up a picture?
    Here's a couple. Let me preface this by saying I am definitely being nitpicky and I'm more than happy with the grips so don't take this as a criticism. I know they were designed for the Chimera really and I just hoped they would fit perfectly - I knew there was a chance they would be a little off.

It's hard to take a pic that really shows it without holding it in your hands but from this angle you can kinda see the shadow where it overhangs.

Like I said earlier, it's far from noticeable and doesn't really impact anything, I'm just really anal about my gun

Never noticed on mine. I will look when I can.
    Last edited by Dirge; 12-14-2009 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Lost it's meaning

Honestly, I'm not sure it's even fixable with the placement of the screws and the design of the frame.. you'd have a very tiny amount of aluminum around that screw if it was any thinner, probably wouldn't even work.

On gun, it's not really that noticable.
    Last edited by Shirow; 12-14-2009 at 10:47 PM.

Does it use 8-32 screws?
    Whats hanging over, the screw or panel? I may be able to massage them some to fit the frame, I'm just not clear on whats up.

Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th
    Im guessing that Magnus included grips because if he hadnt he would have been lynched for not putting out a complete finished product. Champagne . Although not my color of choice its not to bad a color. Mine have already been swapped to blue.

Yea after I posted I realized he wanted a complete product, and I have actually bought IR3 grips in the past month. Sugarstump had some white one's on ebay and I may pick up some of the black G7 panels that were linked earlier in this thread, I think I'd prefer those over aluminum, but I've never had a gun with aluminum grips.

Does it use 8-32 screws?
    Whats hanging over, the screw or panel? I may be able to massage them some to fit the frame, I'm just not clear on whats up.
    I posted this in your dealer thread but for completeness sake..

I am not totally sure if they are 8/32 but they are definitely larger, I would guess one size.

The only part that doesn't really 'fit' is that the curve on the back of the panels doesn't follow the curve of the frame as well as it does on the Chimera and the screw hole closest to the trigger has some metal that overhangs a curve in the frame a little.

They fit 98% perfect though.

The paper that came with the frame says 8-32

I will make panels for this frame if you guys will do pre-pay orders. Ando has offered up his frame for the design.

I will make panels for this frame if you guys will do pre-pay orders. Ando has offered up his frame for the design.
    Bah! Too late for me