Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Mystery frame from Tunaball3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Magnus Guest

The Mystery frame from Tunaball3

The Magnus Project

Magnus - From Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnus
    meaning "Great" in Latin, was sometimes used as a first name among Romans but was not particularly common among them, the most well-known Roman of that name being the third-century usurper.

I never had the desire to make my own parts. Too much time, too much trouble. However, being a long time AGD enthusiast - I became increasingly frustrated by the decreasing availability of aftermarket parts and manufacturers. Choices to begin with were always limited. Even secondhand items would sell for ridiculous prices. Apparently, I was not alone in my frustration.

After some thought and consideration, I realized that I have the resources at my disposal to change this situation for the better. After consulting with some close and prominent memebers of the AGD community, the "Magnus Project" was born. "Magnus" is the official brand name of EVERYTHING spawned by this endeavor. Our goal is to create the HIGHEST quality, most desirable, and smartest aftermarket products ever made for AGD markers.

This is a 'ground up' grass roots movement by people who do not want to be held hostage to circumstances beyond their control, politics, and drama.

The products spawned by this endeavor are made to our liking and for our own personal use. There will be limited amounts of each available to the public through Tunaman here on AO - However, the good news is if you want them, we will build more of them.

This is just the tip of the spear. We already have many other things up our sleeves and in the works. There will also be Tunamart-specific items that have been commissioned and coming in the near future.

We are also considering offering our design and production services to the public. Something you want to see made, or have an idea you would like to give life to? Talk to us. The only limitations are imagination and cash ;-) More on this at a later time.

Who exactly are we? Not that there is some big secret, but do not ask. The only thing you need to know is that these products will be for sale exclusivley through Tunaman.

Now, without further delay -

Introducing the
    Magnus M-90 "EMANCIPATOR"
    (cad renderings, prototype, and raw production images shown)
    Specs-
    -100% AGD compatible mechanical 90* grip frame based off of genuine AGD cads.
    -Uses any AGD spec Intelliframe compatible trigger.
    -Takes AGD safety assemblies and trigger pins.
    -Uses any Angel 90* compatible grip panels. Champagne colored IR3 grips included standard.
    -FULLY D.I.Y. ready. No need to hack up your expensive frame for your DIY projects. Drop your Cyberave68 parts right in, and secure them with the optional hardware kit.
    -Pre-Drilled and Tapped with an internal 1/8 npt port for your custom air needs.
    -Omron micro switch mount. Used to create an improved I-feed system for your warps, OR for your own custom applications.
    -AGD spec Intellifeed mount holes.
    -Accepts an Emag style magnetic trigger return. You can use to use up to three emag magnets above the trigger.
    -Sear release hole forward of the rear frame screw allows you to remove your valve effortlessly.
    -Available in both gloss and dust black.
    *DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY PNEUMATIC COMPONENETS

Sabre Trigger
    100% AGD spec mech trigger, made to better compliment the DIY capabilities of the M-90 frame.

Last edited by Magnus; 08-31-2009 at 08:10 AM.

Magnus Guest

E-Sabre

Coming soon

"E-Sabre" trigger for AGD E-mags

Sorry that the pic of the trigger is of an unfinished one. More to come later. Unseen to the naked eye are some subtle improvements over any current E-mag trigger. This is the first blade emag trigger made to AGD specs.

V2 Tunablade trigger for AGD E-mags
    Same features and improvements as the E-Sabre. Lighter and sexier than the V1

Last edited by Magnus; 08-31-2009 at 08:02 AM.

Magnus Guest
    "Talon"
    Mech version of the Tunablade. 100% AGD spec mech trigger, made to better compliment the DIY capabilities of the M-90 frame.

More pics

Last edited by Magnus; 08-31-2009 at 08:09 AM.

*CHANT* Price price Price Price */CHANT*

Three questions:

1) When
    2) How much
    3) If you utilize pneumatics inside this frame, can you also attach an intellifeed cable to a warp using the switch mount? Or will the pnuematic components block it?

One other thing I forgot - when you say 'optional mounting hardware' - will you sell this or are you referring to Cyberave's mounting bracket that he sells?
    Last edited by Shirow; 08-31-2009 at 08:48 AM.
    Superbolt

Thats so awesome I cant stand it

Looks good guys. Depending if the wife doesn't get crazy on house projects again (current one is costing us 3k) I'll def be up for a frame and a Tuna trigger 2.0....

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus
    Is that a micro-Rock in the photo? I'm trying to decide which LPR to buy for my pneu project and would be keen to know which model suits the Emancipator frame the best.

I dont think a micro rock will fit. That is a variant of the WGP Tickler. Any of those small LPRs should work.

it is the stock 04/05 prostock lpr

Don' ask questions. It is considered "trolling" in some locations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus
    Who exactly are we? Not that there is some big secret, but do not ask. The only thing you need to know is that these products will be for sale exclusivley through Tunaman.
    Just out of curiosity why not take credit for what is being produced/created. "hiding" seems sorta sketchy. We all know how many paintball "tinkers/companies" have brought/created products, and then pulled a Houdini. I am not saying that "magnus" is going to fit the same mold, but it still seems suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by MANN
    Just out of curiosity why not take credit for what is being produced/created. "hiding" seems sorta sketchy. We all know how many paintball "tinkers/companies" have brought/created products, and then pulled a Houdini. I am not saying that "magnus" is going to fit the same mold, but it still seems suspicious.
    Very true. However, as long as they don't remain anonymous AND require pre-order cash be put down, I'm cool with this. They might have a very good reason (as long as they aren't Gardners).

Pre-orders make my blood boil. If you believe enough in your product, put down the cash. If not, don't take my money.

Nothing suspicious at all. Just like some other "dealers" making products, no one will ever know who makes these for me or who does the finish work. If my reputation is not good enough then don't buy any of these products.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman
    Nothing suspicious at all. Just like some other "dealers" making products, no one will ever know who makes these for me or who does the finish work. If my reputation is not good enough then don't buy any of these products.
    Good point. When I'm ready to build a pneumag, I'll buy anything you support.

I guess that answers that.

I have no problems buying anything that carries Tunaman's reputation. You know these frames and triggers will be exactly what they are supposed to be. No magic, gimmicks or malarchy from the man they call Tuna! Now where's that dealer thread?

Magnus Guest
    This thread got very long very quickly. I will try to answer as many questions as I can. Im sure if I miss something Bob can help out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirow

1) When
    2) How much
    3) If you utilize pneumatics inside this frame, can you also attach an intellifeed cable to a warp using the switch mount? Or will the pnuematic components block it?

One other thing I forgot - when you say 'optional mounting hardware' - will you sell this or are you referring to Cyberave's mounting bracket that he sells?
    1)Frames and mech triggers are machined. I am in the process of polishing them before I send them off to the anodizer. Not too long after that. We are gearing up for production on the two types of emag triggers. We are still testing them to see if any changes need to be made.

2)How much will be determined by Bob.

3) That is a good question. I will take a look at it later and see what I can come up with. The great thing about the mounting bracket we came up with is that there is plenty of room to add your own holes to it. Off the top of my head I would say that if you were to not use the Cyberave magnet mod you would be able to mount the Omron switch in a way behind the lever where it could be activated with the MSV2 and act as the return spring for it.

That might be something to think about to add to the next batch. "Shirow Mod"

I think Bob pretty much covered it;
    To put it simply, no one needs to know our business.

Quote Originally Posted by ezcreation
    Simple question to Tuna: can we preorder?
    I do not believe that will be required at this time. If demand exceeds supply, we will make more to ensure that anyone who wants to purchase one can.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmishin
    Yes it is !!
    Got me too

Just in case you missed these in Beemer's thread.

Im looking forward to rocking this thing next weekend at the West Point Fall game.

Argh! When can we buy one!

"hiding" seems sorta sketchy. We all know how many paintball "tinkers/companies" have brought/created products, and then pulled a Houdini. I am not saying that "magnus" is going to fit the same mold, but it still seems suspicious.
    Back up the truck Chuck. Tuna wont Mod this thread for good reason but the Mod Team will.

Go back and read the first post again and do the math. Pay attention and comprehend what you read. If you want to call out TunaMan then go make your own thread to do it and it will get the same respect.

I have warned you before in PMs about trolling. You can go somewhere else to do that. I will continue on with keeping this thread cleaned up in the spirit of AO and because of you I will be removing one of my own posts and most likely one of Tuna's. I hate removing anything but that pisses me off.

Now everybody back on topic. Ask questions and enjoy new STUFF. I am SURE Tuna will be happy to answer all your questions since if you really read the first post you could do the math and see that Tuna has the exclusive and or investment and HIS NAME on these new products Everything else WILL be removed.
    Last edited by Beemer; 08-31-2009 at 09:48 PM.

Simple question to Tuna: can we preorder?

I'm down for a Sabre, E-Sabre, TB2 and Talon depending on price.

My main question is when are we to expect any of it to became available? Also of course what are the prices going to look like?

I tried to check most of the posts, but I didn't see this answered. If it has been, I apologize.

So, the emancipator will have the 1/8 NPT port at the bottom of the frame for a sleeper LPR. Will the bottom of the frame which butts up against the asa be milled out slightly for an o-ring so we don't have to do it to the asa? It will be fairly simple to drill a hole in a direct mount as opposed to drilling a hole and milling for an o-ring, seeing as how I don't have a mill.

Can't wait to get one of these for myself, looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by xero28
    I tried to check most of the posts, but I didn't see this answered. If it has been, I apologize.

So, the emancipator will have the 1/8 NPT port at the bottom of the frame for a sleeper LPR. Will the bottom of the frame which butts up against the asa be milled out slightly for an o-ring so we don't have to do it to the asa? It will be fairly simple to drill a hole in a direct mount as opposed to drilling a hole and milling for an o-ring, seeing as how I don't have a mill.

Can't wait to get one of these for myself, looks awesome.

Loguzzo modded my CP asa, and there is a seat for the oring in it.

Magnus, thanks 4 helping me decide to get a mag....will definitely buy one...plz before xmas

oh, lpr = tickler iswhat u recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by ikya2009
    oh, lpr = tickler iswhat u recommend?
    Seconded, especially since it's been confirmed that the Palmer's Micro Rock won't fit.

Speaking of which why won't the Micro Rock fit, is it just too wide or what?

The MicroRock is too wide. It's a almost twice the width of the tickler.

Quote Originally Posted by xero28
    It will be fairly simple to drill a hole in a direct mount as opposed to drilling a hole and milling for an o-ring, seeing as how I don't have a mill.
    Be forewarned that if you are using a CP direct mount on/off asa there is more to the mod than just drilling a hole in it. If you do that you will have just ruined a $50 asa.

Now if you choose to go with the direct mount asa that does not use the on/off feature then just drilling a hole may be all that is necessary.

I do not know for sure because in all the asa's I have modded, I always recommend the CP direct on/off asa. This is a personal preference but I like the ability to turn off and de-gas my guns when not in use.

I think the frame and triggers look great.

I have a question for someone that has shot this frame though. How much side to side slop is in the trigger since it doesnt have a roller bearing. Thats the one thing I hate about my intelli frame , the trigger just feels sloppy. Lots of side to side wiggle. So how did this trigger feel?