Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mystery frame from Tunaball3

Quote Originally Posted by Shirow
    Well, I'm guessing that we partly paid an early adopter price.. but, that being said it is hard to really know how big the market is for mag stuff anymore. I wonder sometimes how many individual sales there are to be made of any aftermarket part.

Zap easily sold 80 Cheaters but is there a market for many more? These frames sold quickly but between all the hype, the speed of decision making required and the small number, it's all a contributing factor.

This is no slam to anybody, I'm just speculating out loud. I guess if all anyone is really looking for is a vert frame, there's a red, triggerless Chimera for sale in BST for $100. It's not like there aren't other options out there.

My cash situation is short nowadays but I still try to put what I can into the mag market because I do appreciate the time people are spending to try and keep this whole scene alive. I will say the cost of this frame was pretty much the limit I would've been prepared to spend.
    Oh "this scene" is alive alright. Just WAIT until you mag lovers see whats coming. Hang tight. It is still the best gun ever made(mag).
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman
    Oh "this scene" is alive alright. Just WAIT until you mag lovers see whats coming. Hang tight. It is still the best gun ever made(mag).
    oh crap tuna, are you guys going to make me buy another super cool piece(s) real soon

Please hold off at least another month or so, I've already dumped wayyyyy too much money into this gun over the last couple of months
    Superbolt

Please hold off at least another month or so, I've already dumped wayyyyy too much money into this gun over the last couple of months
    QFT

I'm just hoping you wait until TB4 or something to debut it...

But if this is the beginning, there are good things ahead.

Well, all I can say is that I'm a little peeved at the complete lack of notice that these were coming out today, but I'll live. Any idea when the next run will be Magnus?

Magnus Guest
    OK. All gone. Thanks for playing...
    You're kidding?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus
    You're kidding?
    I am not complaining, since I had my chance to buy one, but it seemed like there were only 5 or so that were actually available to the public. The rest seemed to go to people behind the scenes. I could be very wrong, but I was maybe the 3rd or 4th to post here, and at that time there were only 2 left. I thought that there was going to be a bigger run of these, and they were going to be a more reasonable price (Considering that the GForce frame came with internals and was only $200). If there is another run at a lower price, I would definitely be down for it, as I am sure there would be 15-20 more, easily.

I'm sure there was more then just 5 or so. Not everyone posted here then PM'ed Tuna for a spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Stayhuge
    I am not complaining, since I had my chance to buy one, but it seemed like there were only 5 or so that were actually available to the public. The rest seemed to go to people behind the scenes. I could be very wrong, but I was maybe the 3rd or 4th to post here, and at that time there were only 2 left. I thought that there was going to be a bigger run of these, and they were going to be a more reasonable price (Considering that the GForce frame came with internals and was only $200). If there is another run at a lower price, I would definitely be down for it, as I am sure there would be 15-20 more, easily.
    Ive held both a gforce & the magnus the fit & finish for the magnus far surpass's that of the gforce. Ive held them side by side. The magnus has nice rounded edges gforce has sharp corner edges. The magnus is milled internally to allow extra room for mounting. I guess it would also save weight. That milling means more machine time. Machine time around here runs around $80-100 a hour. The magnus is highly polished & really glossy ano. The gforce was not.

Im not trying to put the gfroce frame down in anyway. But to hit the price of 200 with internals there had to be some compromises. Its still a very cool frame.

I aslo would assume not everyone took the time to post here first.

(Considering that the GForce frame came with internals and was only $200). If there is another run at a lower price, I would definitely be down for it, as I am sure there would be 15-20 more, easily.
    well since you think the gforce frame is a good comparison then you can buy mine!

lol.. guess i blinked a few too many times to miss out this frame... maybe there will be one lurking about for me.. gratz to those who managed to obtain this nice little gem. Maybe there will be another round for me to attempt to not miss. Cheers to the season.

Magnus Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magnus
    There will be limited amounts of each available to the public through Tunaman here on AO - However, the good news is if you want them, we will build more of them.

Looks like its time to make more. I already have verbal commitments for 10 more M-90s. The more I make, the better for everyone. If you want in on the next batch e-mail me at Magnuspaintball@gmail.com. Include your name, screen name, and trigger preference since I will have to make sure there are enough of those also.

Once I get a rough idea of how many people are interested Tuna and I will go from there.

If anyone knows where we can find more of those WDP grips and they don't cost $25 a set please PM me. Ideally, I would like to have both the rubber and aluminum grips available

Thanks to everyone!!

Maybe offering without grips, since they run $25 a set might be better. You can then drop the price a little. I for one, Have a few sets of grips that I like to use. I'll shoot you an email. Thanks Magnus

Also, I'm not knocking the frame. Price was just a little high. Probably the combo of the first run and the grips running $25 alone. knock $25 off and you're at $215. More resonable. Personally, I was set to pay up to $200, with out the internals. That was my budget. Maybe the next batch will work for me. Can't wait to see some pics from you guys that got one!!

Maybe offering without grips, since they run $25 a set might be better. You can then drop the price a little. I for one, Have a few sets of grips that I like to use. I'll shoot you an email. Thanks Magnus

Also, I'm not knocking the frame. Price was just a little high. Probably the combo of the first run and the grips running $25 alone. knock $25 off and you're at $215. More resonable. Personally, I was set to pay up to $200, with out the internals. That was my budget. Maybe the next batch will work for me. Can't wait to see some pics from you guys that got one!!
    Tuna just shipped mine.. I'll be putting a set of grips in BST soon I guess

You can all live vicariously through me, I'll do a full scale unboxing!

SecondRate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by going_home
    All I asked is for a picture of everything that comes with it for the price, hardware and all,
    because frankly its by far the priciest aftermarket mag frame I've seen to date
    OMFG!

Look at the Pot talking to the Kettle here. A little hypocritical or what!

From what I remember, you were selling a much Less "RARE" Logic UMF that only has the Intelli switch mount (not all types of mounting options) second hand for more than than the price of a "NEW" Magnus Emancipator-90 with grips set screws and a working safety.

Not to worry, to date you still have the highest priced Mechanical Mag frame ever posted for sale.

Tuna just shipped mine.. I'll be putting a set of grips in BST soon I guess

You can all live vicariously through me, I'll do a full scale unboxing!
    Nice, Yea, Ijust got confirmation that my trigger shipped. I am very excited. Can't wait. The Sabre is the trigger that I have been waiting for for a long time. I love that type of blade style. Woo, WOO

Quote Originally Posted by SecondRate
    OMFG!

Look at the Pot talking to the Kettle here. A little hypocritical or what!

From what I remember, you were selling a much Less "RARE" Logic UMF that only has the Intelli switch mount (not all types of mounting options) second hand for more than than the price of a "NEW" Magnus Emancipator-90 with grips set screws and a working safety.

Not to worry, to date you still have the highest priced Mechanical Mag frame ever posted for sale.

Link???

Nice, Yea, Ijust got confirmation that my trigger shipped. I am very excited. Can't wait. The Sabre is the trigger that I have been waiting for for a long time. I love that type of blade style. Woo, WOO
    I picked the Talon, hope I made the right choice.. I like my viperblade and it looked similar.

I picked the Talon, hope I made the right choice.. I like my viperblade and it looked similar.
    Yea, that looks very similar to the viperblade. I think it is more a matter of personal preference.

SecondRate Guest
    Link???
    It was on eBay probably over 2 years ago.

I am sure he remembers, a long with a few others.

IIRC it caused matteusz to do a run!
    Last edited by SecondRate; 12-02-2009 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ando
    I'm sure there was more then just 5 or so. Not everyone posted here then PM'ed Tuna for a spot.
    Anyone wanna see the grips i have in mind for mine?

cant decide between the two

OR

Last edited by Mongoose; 12-02-2009 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose
    Anyone wanna see the grips i have in mind for mine?
    Translation....
    Here's some salt for that wound
    Go away you...

Do one on each side! Mix it up!

Don' ask questions. It is considered "trolling" in some locations.

Welcome to AO.

The frame was listed in an auction. If it was too high it would not have sold. Supply and demand determine pricing. Same reason that SFL Emags are getting over 3grand

i remember reading that there was going to be a order thread in the dealers forums when these came out kind of sucks that it was just a small post to email tuna, and with only a run of so little after all the people chimed in on the thread wanting this well guess i'm back to looking for a logic frame 90 frame again

Do one on each side! Mix it up!
    LOL I agree. And I'll gladly buy the other set from you

Quote Originally Posted by PBChappy
    i remember reading that there was going to be a order thread in the dealers forums when these came out kind of sucks that it was just a small post to email tuna, and with only a run of so little after all the people chimed in on the thread wanting this well guess i'm back to looking for a logic frame 90 frame again
    i remember about that too but i dont think it was ever, magnus or tuna that said it
    i could be wrong though

SecondRate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MANN
    Welcome to AO.
    Ahh yes, how have you been my love!

I knew you would have something to say to me. . . .it has been a while.

Umm. . .No welcomes necessary, been here almost as long as you, just not nearly the post whore. I don't post to see myself in print like some people

Glad to see you are still stalking me! It feels so nice to be loved!

Don' ask questions. It is considered "trolling" in some locations.

Glad to see you are still stalking me! It feels so nice to be loved!
    not stalking. I just smelt BS, opened the thread, and BAM you were posting.

SecondRate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MANN
    The frame was listed in an auction. If it was too high it would not have sold. Supply and demand determine pricing. Same reason that SFL Emags are getting over 3grand
    Oh and BTW it doesn't make my post to going_home any less true. It was a second hand frame that sold for more than a new Magnus frame.

I guess the demand for a really new frame with lots of option was really high, since they all sold out in a matter of an minutes..

No regurgitated crap there!

Props to Magnus for coming through and without a preorder or deposit. . . w00t!