Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mystery frame from Tunaball3

alright everyone
    time for a sound off, who got one
    ME
    1 gloss black

I hemmed and hawwed but made it in..

Hopefully I will like it, never shot a vert frame before but I've been jonesing for a sleeper pneumag! Now Zap just needs to hurry up and ship the cheaters!
    Superbolt

i need a frame if any one wants to sell theirs

Quote Originally Posted by going_home
    I looked the thread over and didnt see a price anywhere.
    Is that true, they were $239.00 just for a frame and trigger ?
    If it is all I can say is W O W

If thats the pneu kit too thats not bad.
    If its just the trigger and frame.......

Honestly, it is expensive, there's no denying that. If it was being sold by someone like Dye, I'd chalk it up to +20% for the label.

But... you have to think of it this way.

#1 It's been made with no preorders, someone put up all their own money for this.
    #2 It's been made in very small quantities, so there wasn't a big discount on raw materials.
    #3 A lot of the work was done by hand... I remember posts about them being hand polished, one by one. Efficient? No... but necessary in this case.
    #4 In reference to point 1... I'm sure that person wants to make sure they make their money back plus some profit.

I mean, the thing is, they sold. Quickly. Market value I definitely was a little taken aback when I saw the price and almost didn't buy but then I thought.. if I get a Chimera, for example, and have it tapped for an LPR, get everything I need to mount pneu parts and everything else.. I'd probably push past $200. These have a custom trigger as well...

At the end of the day, it was just about worth it to me. I completely understand the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirow
    Honestly, it is expensive, there's no denying that. If it was being sold by someone like Dye, I'd chalk it up to +20% for the label.

#1 It's been made with no preorders, someone put up all their own money for this.
    #2 It's been made in very small quantities, so there wasn't a big discount on raw materials.
    #3 A lot of the work was done by hand... I remember posts about them being hand polished, one by one. Efficient? No... but necessary in this case.
    #4 In reference to point 1... I'm sure that person wants to make sure they make their money back plus some profit.

I mean, the thing is, they sold. Quickly. Market value I definitely was a little taken aback when I saw the price and almost didn't buy but then I thought.. if I get a Chimera, for example, and have it tapped for an LPR, get everything I need to mount pneu parts and everything else.. I'd probably push past $200. These have a custom trigger as well...

At the end of the day, it was just about worth it to me. I completely understand the price.

well said
    i cant wait to get mine
    magnus, you're a cool dude

QFT. And that is why you just earned the dancing banana award!

Don' ask questions. It is considered "trolling" in some locations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman
    PROPER hardware for mounting the pneu kit, .......................... You would spend 50 bucks in time alone finding the right hardware.
    Care to elaborate on what is considered proper hardware?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by MANN
    I'd like to see a picture of what you get for $239.00 .

I'd like to see a picture of what you get for $239.00 .

Trust me, once mine arrives I will be taking copious pictures for everyone.

And then I will be taking pictures of my Intelliframe and really hoping it sells

I'll be using a Cheater in mine (once I get it..) so I don't think I even need whatever mounting hardware comes with it.. but I got it anyway, from a resale perspective.

So, where can I get some rubber grips that aren't made for IR3s? I don't want the LED window in the middle.

I know Luke has some convex aluminum ones and I've seen some flat aluminum ones on Chimeras, any other types?

set screws, tools, know how, instructions, ect,......

thats about $50 right there

if I get a Chimera, I'd probably push past $200.

I was billed $175 + shipping for my chimera,.. no trigger included

~ P8nt

Quote Originally Posted by p8ntbal4me
    set screws, tools, know how, instructions, ect,......

thats about $50 right there
    tools? what tool is needed?

It comes with a human hand!

It comes with a human hand!
    in that case I will pre-order 100 of them. You never know when you could use an extra hand.

I can't believe I missed out on this. When will we see round 2?

If you need to drill something like holes for the screws,.. you need a drill,.. and a drill bit.

The frames (other than this one) don't have holes pre-drilled for the MPA3 set screws,.. and the other frames dont have these much needed holes tapped either,....

... so you need a tap as well,....

Should I go on or are you all set?

~ P8nt

So, where can I get some rubber grips that aren't made for IR3s? I don't want the LED window in the middle.

I know Luke has some convex aluminum ones and I've seen some flat aluminum ones on Chimeras, any other types?
    You WANT that window in there!...so people can say "what the frig is that?!"
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

You WANT that window in there!...so people can say "what the frig is that?!"
    Well, maybe... but I definitely don't want champagne grips on my dust black gun

Should I go on or are you all set?

~ P8nt
    I understand that it has pre drilled holes for pneumatics.

Tuna wrote "PROPER hardware for mounting the pneu kit"

I was wondering what the "hardware" is.

I shot the frame once a few month back. From what I gather then in the chrono range,.... you need all the pneu parts (MPA-3, SMAV, hoses, screws, etc)

That's probably the hardware list in question. If the ram and SMAV were mentioned already,.. then Id say the list would be only the screws.

Im still waiting to be able to pick one of these up.

~ P8nt

Stinger Paintball has clear acrylic ones....

,.. I dont know where else you can get some beyond that unless you know someone that can get them made

I shot the frame once a few month back. From what I gather then in the chrono range,.... you need all the pneu parts (MPA-3, SMAV, hoses, screws, etc)

That's probably the hardware list in question. If the ram and SMAV were mentioned already,.. then Id say the list would be only the screws.

Im still waiting to be able to pick one of these up.

~ P8nt
    This doesn't come with the MPA-3 etc.. it's just (AFAIK) the parts you need to mount them into the frame (screws, brackets, whatever)

You still have to get the other parts separately.

It has pre drilled and tapped holes for a few different configurations that require SAE and Metric threads and screws. Everything you need is supplied. No Radioshack screws needed here. Proper means just that...proper...as in not half assed. It all fits PROPERLY. I am not going to list what is in the hardware kit. Do your own homework like I had to do. The new owners of these frames will love the fact that they dont have to go running around to find the right stuff.

This doesn't come with the MPA-3 etc.. it's just (AFAIK) the parts you need to mount them into the frame (screws, brackets, whatever)

You still have to get the other parts separately.
    correct.

I think he was generalizing more then anything. It take time to get and gather everything needed for a project like this and get everything just right the way it needs to be for drilling and tapping and going out and finding the proper HDWR for the panels, the grip itself, the internals...ect...

I'm sure it isn't an easy feat.

EDIT:
    NM already answered

Trigger, frame, grips, screws, PROPER hardware for mounting the pneu kit, prototype fees, design fees...its all in there. You would spend 50 bucks in time alone finding the right hardware.
    It has pre drilled and tapped holes for a few different configurations that require SAE and Metric threads and screws. Everything you need is supplied.
    I understand the screws, and the proper location. I understood that from your previous post.

I am not going to list what is in the hardware kit. Do your own homework like I had to do.
    I thought that the hardware was something other than screws or the correct placement. my mistake.

/already did my homework. Got a 29/32

Wink

It has pre drilled and tapped holes for a few different configurations that require SAE and Metric threads and screws. Everything you need is supplied. No Radioshack screws needed here. Proper means just that...proper...as in not half assed. It all fits PROPERLY. I am not going to list what is in the hardware kit. Do your own homework like I had to do. The new owners of these frames will love the fact that they dont have to go running around to find the right stuff.
    All I asked is for a picture of everything that comes with it for the price, hardware and all,
    because frankly its by far the priciest aftermarket mag frame I've seen to date
    (not counting the EM ripper frame with its electronics).
    If you dont want people to see what they are getting thats up to you.
    I guess if you can sell them that fast why would you bother anyways.
    Congrats on the sale sir.

Well, I'm guessing that we partly paid an early adopter price.. but, that being said it is hard to really know how big the market is for mag stuff anymore. I wonder sometimes how many individual sales there are to be made of any aftermarket part.

Zap easily sold 80 Cheaters but is there a market for many more? These frames sold quickly but between all the hype, the speed of decision making required and the small number, it's all a contributing factor.

This is no slam to anybody, I'm just speculating out loud. I guess if all anyone is really looking for is a vert frame, there's a red, triggerless Chimera for sale in BST for $100. It's not like there aren't other options out there.

My cash situation is short nowadays but I still try to put what I can into the mag market because I do appreciate the time people are spending to try and keep this whole scene alive. I will say the cost of this frame was pretty much the limit I would've been prepared to spend.

All I asked is for a picture of everything that comes with it for the price, hardware and all

You can't sleep tonight without a picture of some screws?