Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The Mystery frame from Tunaball3

Quote Originally Posted by MANN
    If Tom could still get 3k per SFL I guarentee you that he would keep making them.
    C&D letter from some company that has more money to pay for legal fees may beg to differ with your logic here.

~ P8nt

Quote Originally Posted by Stayhuge
    Maybe Here Or Here
    That would save $15 on each frame alone.
    Those grips in those links are so ugly....can't use those.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman
    Yes they are, but these aren't bad:

http://www.fixmyangel.com/product_in...roducts_id=619
    Superbolt

These are the ones that YOU have on the frame in the pic and aren't they the ones that come with the frame??

haha, Either way, when the next round comes, can we opt not to have grips?

These are the ones that YOU have on the frame in the pic and aren't they the ones that come with the frame??

This is what the magnus frame comes with. I gotta get some blue ones.
    https://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=247332

No that is NOT them. Those are grip panels...and crummy ones at that. The frame comes with the full wrap- around grips in the link above

No that is NOT them. Those are grip panels...and crummy ones at that. The frame comes with the full wrap- around grips in the link above
    Ah, got it. I thought that the frame came with the grips that you had pictured. ok. I think those space grips are still pretty cheap on fixmyangel.com. Probably about $15 and all different colors. Just looking to save the next round of buyers some money if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th
    This is what the magnus frame comes with. I gotta get some blue ones.
    https://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=247332
    I think I have a set of those space grips in Blue. PM me if you want them and I will check tonight. I'll givem to you cheap if I can find them. Might be a little dusty, but should be pretty good shape IIRC

Don' ask questions. It is considered "trolling" in some locations.
    Quote Originally Posted by p8ntbal4me
    C&D letter from some company that has more money to pay for legal fees may beg to differ with your logic here.

~ P8nt
    I am sure that at 3k a pop paying a small fee to sp is not that big of a deal.

I am sure that at 3k a pop paying a small fee to sp is not that big of a deal.
    Im sure he couldnt sell them as a main stream marker to float a business with the flagship marker priced at $3,000.

Who can afford to buy a $3,000 everyday marker? A collector,... yes. A consumer,.. no.

No one will pay $3,000 marker if he is selling them as a "non-limited" gun.

All this is fact,... not speculation. I have $3,000 sitting for an SFL in case it comes along,..... that would change if they made 1000 more SFL mags. The marker would loose its value to us here on AO

And the last fact,..... the "not that big of a deal" part with paying fees to SP,.... your kidding right? This is Tom were talking about. You know,.. the guy that introduced compressed air to the industry and DIDNT patent it because he didnt want to turn a profit over letting the industry gain another technological leap......

,... you know what,.. your right,... Tom would TOTALLY build a $3,000 marker for self profit

~ P8nt

Im sure he couldnt sell them as a main stream marker to float a business with the flagship marker priced at $3,000.

Who can afford to buy a $3,000 everyday marker? A collector,... yes. A consumer,.. no.

No one will pay $3,000 marker if he is selling them as a "non-limited" gun.

All this is fact,... not speculation. I have $3,000 sitting for an SFL in case it comes along,..... that would change if they made 1000 more SFL mags. The marker would loose its value to us here on AO

And the last fact,..... the "not that big of a deal" part with paying fees to SP,.... your kidding right? This is Tom were talking about. You know,.. the guy that introduced compressed air to the industry and DIDNT patent it because he didnt want to turn a profit over letting the industry gain another technological leap......

,... you know what,.. your right,... Tom would TOTALLY build a $3,000 marker for self profit

~ P8nt
    Same goes with SFLs. They were not 3k new. If Tom could still get 3k per SFL I guarentee you that he would keep making them.
    I think you were missing the point I was making.

SecondRate was complaining that GoingHome was being a hypocrite(sp?) because he(GH) sold parts on Ebay for sometime twice of their original MSRP. I was making the point that they sold because the demand was higher than the supply thus increasing the value of the product. I used kartas, chords, and SFL emags as similar examples because all at one time or another could fetch twice their MSRP.

There is no way that AGD/anyone could reproduce 100 SFL Emags, and sell them for 3k a pop(there is not enough demand for that supply). I was trying to make the point that if tom could easily sell them for 3k ea that he probably would have stayed in the paintball business a little longer than he did.

As for him wanting or not wanting to support SP who knows. I would think as a business person that he would not care to spend 50.00 per marker to sell them for 3k.

Mann my i redirect you back to this quote by p8intbal4me

This is Tom were talking about. You know,.. the guy that introduced compressed air to the industry and DIDNT patent it because he didnt want to turn a profit over letting the industry gain another technological leap

why would he want to pay money the pulled the rug from under his company. If it was not for SP back dooring everyone the SFL my still be aroud, we all know they are still making SFL autocockers, so it is only logical to the that the SFL mag would still be around

if you were in prison would you let a guy bend you over and have his way with you, every time you wanted to play basketball?

no you would not you would stop playing so you did not get screwed.

so why would Tom pay to get screwed and then pass it on to his loyal consumers

Magnus Guest
    Gentleman, please do not clutter my thread. Thank you.

I think some of you misunderstood what I meant about the grips. I just wanted to make a point that we do not want to pay crazy amounts for more.

A couple of points to note. Someone laid out an aweful lot of money to produce these items. What was ordered and paid for was delivered. I know for a fact that there were some people who laid out money for some of these parts and graciously stepped aside so others could buy them.

This is where we stand. We will produce more, and make enough to meet the demand - and no extra. Again, if you are serious and would like to get in on this batch please email me at Magnuspaintball@GMail.com.

I have to speak to Bob about a cut off date so we can get moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus
    A couple of points to note. Someone laid out an aweful lot of money to produce these items. What was ordered and paid for was delivered. I know for a fact that there were some people who laid out money for some of these parts and graciously stepped aside so others could buy them.
    Thank you 's

Quote Originally Posted by Redic
    Mann...

if you were in prison would you let a guy bend you over and have his way with you, every time you wanted to play basketball?
    bwahahahahahaha.

Quote of the year!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus
    Gentleman, please do not clutter my thread. Thank you.

I think some of you misunderstood what I meant about the grips. I just wanted to make a point that we do not want to pay crazy amounts for more.

This is where we stand. We will produce more, and make enough to meet the demand - and no extra. Again, if you are serious and would like to get in on this batch please email me at Magnuspaintball@GMail.com.

I have to speak to Bob about a cut off date so we can get moving.
    Soo... when are you going to clue us in about what's next?

why would he want to pay money the pulled the rug from under his company. If it was not for SP back dooring everyone the SFL my still be aroud, we all know they are still making SFL autocockers, so it is only logical to the that the SFL mag would still be around
    I could care less what tom would or would not do hypothetically. Most people would be willing to spend a 50 dollar (or what ever the number is) fee to gain 1000 dollar profit. Be it supporting a competitor or not. The point is demand creates supply.

no you would not you would stop playing so you did not get screwed.
    I absolutely hate basketball. IMO it is for girls so I would not play to begin with.

/Back OT.
    Congrats Magnus for coming through with a product without a pre-order. I am sure it was not an easy feat.

You know what I think there is a big market for right now?

A pre modded sleeper ASA that doesn't look like junk... hint.. hint...

Second that!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shirow

for all we know, that could be the next magnus product being released

Quote Originally Posted by kwood
    for all we know, that could be the next magnus product being released
    If so, I guess I am a fortune teller and should go on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirow

No love for the CPs? I have always really liked their stuff, especially the rails and ASAs.

Im working on a 'how-to' for this thing. Took some pics last night so hopefully some time tonight I can put everything together. That damn Modern Warfare2 has me seriously distracted right now

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil
    No love for the CPs? I have always really liked their stuff, especially the rails and ASAs.

Im working on a 'how-to' for this thing. Took some pics last night so hopefully some time tonight I can put everything together. That damn Modern Warfare2 has me seriously distracted right now
    The CP ASAs are alright but I'm not a huge fan. They're too long, don't care for the shape that much and I don't like the CP jewels on them.

I mean, it's not the end of the world, they're not awful or anything, but I just thought it'd be kinda cool to be able to buy an ASA that's already tapped for a sleeper LPR that matches the design of the Magnus frames.

I have an Eclipse OOPS right now which is probably my favorite ASA I've used, unfortunately, it is rail based.

For those of you wanting pictures of all the contents, I hope I can oblige tonight...

Your item was processed through and left our OAK CREEK, WI 53154 facility on December 3, 2009. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.
    Now hopefully the weather holds up enough this weekend to actually USE it..

I would like to see a gas through drop kick style asa. I don't like the typical CP setup we have currently. I never could shoot properly with any kind of stright grip mounted ASA. I've always used a long dropforward for my tanks untill the Stiletto and drop kick came to town.

Quote Originally Posted by Ando
    I would like to see a gas through drop kick style asa. I don't like the typical CP setup we have currently. I never could shoot properly with any kind of stright grip mounted ASA. I've always used a long dropforward for my tanks untill the Stiletto and drop kick came to town.
    If it was built from scratch for that purpose, you could probably have a gas thru/sleeper ASA that could be used with a specialized drop. It would just have to have an internal air channel.

I just worry about the drop/ASA coming loose. The drop I used for my flatline used to work itself loose all the time and that would suck with 800psi pumping through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ando
    I have a design or three on that exact thing......i was gonna do one for my Invert Mini.

If your really interested let me know, maybe we can get a few more people that are interested and do a small run

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose
    I have a design or three on that exact thing......i was gonna do one for my Invert Mini.

If your really interested let me know, maybe we can get a few more people that are interested and do a small run
    I'd be interested but I'd have to see a design. I don't personally care for large drops but I do like to move the tank down a little bit from the grip.. I used to use a ~3" long system-x drop that was a little too far forward but it was about perfect drop distance (~2" down also)

I've never tried a drop kick but I figure it would probably give me what I'm looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose

Sign me up for 3

Just make sure you do 'em in dust black