Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The Mystery frame from Tunaball3

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    I will make panels for this frame if you guys will do pre-pay orders. Ando has offered up his frame for the design.

Put me down for a set!

I'm going to make a separate post for the panels. I'll get it done sometime tonight. I just need some info from Luke first.
    Last edited by Ando; 12-15-2009 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ando
    I'm going to make a separate post up for the panels. I'll get it done sometime tonight. I just need some info from Luke first.
    WTS my panels to buy a pair of the new ones
    Superbolt

Quote Originally Posted by Shirow
    WTS my panels to buy a pair of the new ones
    Would Luke take them as an even trade?

Quote Originally Posted by zondo
    Would Luke take them as an even trade?
    No idea, I had him machine these specifically for me though.

I can live with 'em, it's not that big of a deal.. until i see how awesome the new ones are anyway

Eh, you know.. looking at these again tonight.. I don't know if it's even worth it. I mean they really are a 98% fit and I don't know if most people would even care.

Ando, if you want to send your frame over for Luke to look at, go for it, just don't do it on my behalf.. I think these are fine really.

Could they fit a tiny bit better.. yes.. enough to justify making another template.. I don't think so.

Eh, you know.. looking at these again tonight.. I don't know if it's even worth it. I mean they really are a 98% fit and I don't know if most people would even care.

Ando, if you want to send your frame over for Luke to look at, go for it, just don't do it on my behalf.. I think these are fine really.

Could they fit a tiny bit better.. yes.. enough to justify making another template.. I don't think so.
    could you take some more pictures for all of us so we can see what they look like on there?

Quote Originally Posted by kwood
    could you take some more pictures for all of us so we can see what they look like on there?
    Yep, for sure, I will take a couple right now.

Here we go..

First one shows overall, as you can see it generally looks fine and fits well, the biggest difference is that on the curved side, it doesn't quite follow the line of the frame like they do on the Chimera (but again, it's pretty minimal). It's a bit hard to see with the shadow too but it's not quite parallel with the curve of the frame.

The second pic shows the real 'issue', there's an overhanging piece of the frame around the screw. You can kinda get your finger under it and feel it, it overlaps because the frame curves down there and the grip is flat.

Like I said though, these are tiny, tiny gripes really.. I feel kinda stupid even mentioning it today as I downstairs and look at it again..

its doesnt fit exactly but its not to bad
    the dust black on those panels look great though

its doesnt fit exactly but its not to bad
    the dust black on those panels look great though
    Yeah, it looks nice. Sometime in the very distant future when Mongoose is done and has shipped the bodies, foregrips, snatch grip etc to get the whole gun re-annoed in a nice fade and try to get a nice laser design engraved on it.. one big reason I wanted metal panels.. more surface area to be lasered

one big reason I wanted metal panels.. more surface area to be lasered
    thats going to look pretty sick
    i would love to have the mongoose bodies/rail/foregrip combo as well but i dont have the cash to do it
    i would have to sell another mag to build that one and i would have a hard time deciding which one to part with

thats going to look pretty sick
    i would love to have the mongoose bodies/rail/foregrip combo as well but i dont have the cash to do it
    i would have to sell another mag to build that one and i would have a hard time deciding which one to part with
    I don't have the money either, got to cross my fingers I get a decent tax return this year, they're all sitting on my credit card right now

I don't have the money either, got to cross my fingers I get a decent tax return this year, they're all sitting on my credit card right now
    i hear you man
    i hoping my tax return will pay off my car so i can start lookin for a house

Yeah, it looks nice. Sometime in the very distant future when Mongoose is done and has shipped the bodies, foregrips, snatch grip etc to get the whole gun re-annoed in a nice fade and try to get a nice laser design engraved on it.. one big reason I wanted metal panels.. more surface area to be lasered
    Damn you! Damn you for putting this idea in my head!

Damn you! Damn you for putting this idea in my head!
    I've spent most of the day looking at laser engraving sites, hardest part is getting a design together honestly..

I've spent most of the day looking at laser engraving sites, hardest part is getting a design together honestly..
    one of my favorites was mike from techpbs old marq
    ole' painless
    i loved the old school predator theme

http://www.kohnsports.com/kohnlaseri...ring_stock.php has a bunch of designs, nothing that really appeals to me but it's good work

So far only 2 people have expressed intrest in panels, is that it?

If thats it, I will probably not do a run, but modify my other panels if possible. I'll know more when Andos frame gets here.

If thats it, I will probably not do a run, but modify my other panels if possible. I'll know more when Andos frame gets here.
    I might be interested in having mine trimmed if that's all it is but I probably wouldn't buy a new set.

You may get more interest as more people get these frames. So far only 25 have been sold.

I might be interested in having mine trimmed if that's all it is but I probably wouldn't buy a new set.
    I really do not want to strip the powder coating on yours, it's not fun to say the least.

I really do not want to strip the powder coating on yours, it's not fun to say the least.
    Yeah, don't sweat it then. At some point I'm vaguely entertaining the notion of getting my whole marker annoed with a fade anyway, if I decide to I'll get it stripped then and send it over but, to be honest, I doubt I would even bother.. I think they are fine.

Lightbulb

I was thinking, now that I've got my cyber kit up and running, how you could make this an even easier frame to pneu up right and how you don't have a mag mod for the Cheater.

Maybe you could include milling in the frame and the back of the trigger (toward the bottom maybe?) for two opposing magnets to act as the mag mod. Maybe like how the Emag triggers have the magnet for the HES, but not as large. This way you have a magnetic trigger return for both pneumatic styles.

I guess you could just super glue them, but that wouldn't look as smooth...

Maybe you could include milling in the frame and the back of the trigger (toward the bottom maybe?) for two opposing magnets to act as the mag mod. Maybe like how the Emag triggers have the magnet for the HES, but not as large. This way you have a magnetic trigger return for both pneumatic styles.

I guess you could just super glue them, but that wouldn't look as smooth...
    there are already places for magnets on the frame
    check out my thread here...
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=247384

the magnets use the top set screw to draw it back
    right now my frame is set up with the cyberwave magnet mod and the emag magnets
    im just waiting for my asa to get back from loguzzzz and then ill finish the assembly thread and put up a shooting video

there are already places for magnets on the frame
    check out my thread here...
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=247384
    I know... I thought I read somewhere about using both for trigger return in cyber's kit. The prototype was setup that way, I believe. The Cheater setup can't use a mag mod, only the top trigger magnets.

EDIT: although I forgot that Zap added the return spring.
    Last edited by zondo; 12-17-2009 at 06:13 PM.

I know... I thought I read that it was recommended to use both for trigger return.
    well with three magnets it works well, but the cyberwave kit adds a nice spongy feel to it (depending on how you set it of course)

mine might still need some adjusting since i dont have air and dont know where in the pull the MSV-2 will activate yet

Yeah, don't sweat it then. At some point I'm vaguely entertaining the notion of getting my whole marker annoed with a fade anyway, if I decide to I'll get it stripped then and send it over but, to be honest, I doubt I would even bother.. I think they are fine.
    Lets not jump the gun (pun intended) when Andos frame gets here I will decide if its even doable. I can machine the PCed parts but they have to be stripped to be re finished.

Lets not jump the gun (pun intended) when Andos frame gets here I will decide if its even doable. I can machine the PCed parts but they have to be stripped to be re finished.
    OK

I know... I thought I read somewhere about using both for trigger return in cyber's kit. The prototype was setup that way, I believe. The Cheater setup can't use a mag mod, only the top trigger magnets.

EDIT: although I forgot that Zap added the return spring.
    What about fabbng up a bracket to use to mount the cybermag mod. Them use what would be the rod to activate the msv with a magnet on the end. That would at least give you return.

Another way would be glue the mag mod to the rear inside of the frame & use a really long rod set up like stated above.

Im just not sure about fitment with the cheater.