Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mystery frame from Tunaball3

Magnus Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman
    There will be enough for everyone so relax a bit. Patience is required for us to get this EXACTLY right, thus making it easier for all of you to set it up correctly.

We are committed to this little project. The more you guys buy, the more we will make. There are also other ideas simmering on the burner for the near future, but first things first.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus
    We are committed to this little project. The more you guys buy, the more we will make. There are also other ideas simmering on the burner for the near future, but first things first.
    Do you plan on making a .45 frame soon? 90* just doesnt do it for me like a .45 will.

does the frame come with the return magnets?

Magnus Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kwood
    does the frame come with the return magnets?
    No. It uses emag magnets, which Tuna has available.

I missed alot

Man get a bad case of carpal tunnel and get of forums for three months because you can't type and you miss alot. I want to get at least one is not two of these frames when they come out

Swamp

Magnus Guest
    I spoke to Tuna, and I just wanted to clearify - the Sabre and Talon DO NOT have magnets in them. They have top and side set screws. The Emancipator has a hole at the top above the trigger where you can drop up to three emag magnets in. These pull on the top set screw in the trigger to help aid in trigger return.

Here is the entire hardware layout for the frame. I will include a print out of this with each frame.

As far as hardware, the frame comes with the safety assembly and trigger pin, Champagne IR3 grips and grip screws.
    The optional screw set includes
    4 8/32 set screws (ram mount)
    2 6/32 pan head screws (Msv-2 mount)
    2 M2 pan head screws (E-Switch mount)

Emag magnets are not included but can be obtained from Tuna.

Im also pretty sure you will have your choice of trigger also.

Hope this cleared up some questions.

Talking

Awesome, can't wait to see these in person

so sexy... I can't wait...

when mounting the MPA-3, are there any guides or indentations for it to sit in for proper alignment? or does it take a little tinkering to line up?
    (I may have sent a PM about this already but forgot the answer)

I know it was mentioned somewhere about having to trim the MSV-2 lever, so that question is already covered

Every time you post Magnus you making waiting that much harder...

I cannot wait to get an Emancipator!

Magnus Guest

Cheater

After looking through Zapthemad's cheater thread I think that they should drop right in to the M-90. Not only that, but since one of the ram mounting holes matches the grip screw hole location on the Intelliframe, it should bolt right in using the existing set screw holes and hardware

Parts
    Im still waiting to get everything back from anno. My polish work on just the frames took an hour a piece, but the results were well worth the time and effort.

Judging from the feedback I am getting from Bob, we will need to get moving on a second batch of these soon. I already have the ball rolling on it now, but I am trying to track down more 90 grips. I already put together "plan-b" in case I have trouble getting more.

Since this is the first time we made these, there were a few bumps along the road. The next batch will go faster for sure.

We are also working on a few other projects, but we don't want to get too far a head of ourselves. You guys should really enjoy these and just remember as long as you want them we will keep making them.

Magnus Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TwilightG
    when mounting the MPA-3, are there any guides or indentations for it to sit in for proper alignment? or does it take a little tinkering to line up?
    (I may have sent a PM about this already but forgot the answer)

I know it was mentioned somewhere about having to trim the MSV-2 lever, so that question is already covered

You push the ram down until it hits the bracket. There is enough room to move it closer or further away from the sear as needed. Then you lock it down with the four set screws.

One of the changes we made from the first one is that on the production frames there is now a groove that lets you run the ram hose underneath it instead of over and around it. This will keep that away from the moving sear.It should also help, since it will let you push the ram further to the front in case you leave it a little longer.

so... how might an Emancipator work with a "cheater" setup?

This stuff looks sweeet!

Quote Originally Posted by PaintballEngineer

This stuff looks sweeet!
    It would be cheaper to just use cyberaves kit and would be as fast as an electro.

I got the chance to shoot the frame this past weekend

BigE had it pnumed out with a fine frog hair trigger.

Hooooooolllllllllyyyyyyy HELL!!!

It's a beast, very comfy and shot better then any damn electro I've played with. Dare I say, even out performed our precious E-Mags. Sad to say, I might be replacing my Airwalks with a few of these.
    Last edited by Ando; 10-27-2009 at 09:55 PM.

Talking

Fast little bugger isn't she?

Yes, we are only waiting for Tuna to start the FS thread.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by PaintballEngineer
    After looking through Zapthemad's cheater thread I think that they should drop right in to the M-90. Not only that, but since one of the ram mounting holes matches the grip screw hole location on the Intelliframe, it should bolt right in using the existing set screw holes and hardware

Well I'm blind.

Quote Originally Posted by zondo
    Yes, we are only waiting for Tuna to start the FS thread.
    They're in test mode ATM.

Nice to hear they're in testing hopefully soon to be sold because I can't wait! I'm a little concerned with how thin the bottom and palm area appear to be though. I'd hate to see another "custom offset frame". Just had a teammate twist his ego frame last weekend to make me even more suspicious than I was before. I'm not too worried though, I still plan on picking one of these up regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by smeek
    Nice to hear they're in testing hopefully soon to be sold because I can't wait! I'm a little concerned with how thin the bottom and palm area appear to be though. I'd hate to see another "custom offset frame". Just had a teammate twist his ego frame last weekend to make me even more suspicious than I was before. I'm not too worried though, I still plan on picking one of these up regardless.
    I assure you, there's no way your going to twist this made in the US of A frame. The frame is rock solid compared to the Sweatshop EGO j/k

How in the world your friend twisted his EGO frame is a feat to say the least.

It felt like a very solid frame when I saw it. Plus they have been testing the proto for several months now.

I tried to check most of the posts, but I didn't see this answered. If it has been, I apologize.

So, the emancipator will have the 1/8 NPT port at the bottom of the frame for a sleeper LPR. Will the bottom of the frame which butts up against the asa be milled out slightly for an o-ring so we don't have to do it to the asa? It will be fairly simple to drill a hole in a direct mount as opposed to drilling a hole and milling for an o-ring, seeing as how I don't have a mill.

Can't wait to get one of these for myself, looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by xero28
    I tried to check most of the posts, but I didn't see this answered. If it has been, I apologize.

So, the emancipator will have the 1/8 NPT port at the bottom of the frame for a sleeper LPR. Will the bottom of the frame which butts up against the asa be milled out slightly for an o-ring so we don't have to do it to the asa? It will be fairly simple to drill a hole in a direct mount as opposed to drilling a hole and milling for an o-ring, seeing as how I don't have a mill.

Can't wait to get one of these for myself, looks awesome.

Loguzzo modded my CP asa, and there is a seat for the oring in it.

Magnus, thanks 4 helping me decide to get a mag....will definitely buy one...plz before xmas

oh, lpr = tickler iswhat u recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by xero28
    It will be fairly simple to drill a hole in a direct mount as opposed to drilling a hole and milling for an o-ring, seeing as how I don't have a mill.
    Be forewarned that if you are using a CP direct mount on/off asa there is more to the mod than just drilling a hole in it. If you do that you will have just ruined a $50 asa.

Now if you choose to go with the direct mount asa that does not use the on/off feature then just drilling a hole may be all that is necessary.

I do not know for sure because in all the asa's I have modded, I always recommend the CP direct on/off asa. This is a personal preference but I like the ability to turn off and de-gas my guns when not in use.

I think the frame and triggers look great.

I have a question for someone that has shot this frame though. How much side to side slop is in the trigger since it doesnt have a roller bearing. Thats the one thing I hate about my intelli frame , the trigger just feels sloppy. Lots of side to side wiggle. So how did this trigger feel?

love what your doing just wish it was a 45 not a 90