Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mystery frame from Tunaball3

You could probably relocate the msv 2 a little higher, cut the lever and tap the holes a tad bit higher and that should work. I do have a Micro rock in one of my custom frames, actually the first sleeper I did!

If you use 90* LP fittings (from cyberave68) you can make the msv-2 lower than in this one and keep the lever longer too, which will make the trigger pull light. This frame rips too even with the short lever.

and in case any one is interested, this frame is for sale/ The asking price (I stress asking) is $400 as shown with lpr and asa.

/end hijack

Quote Originally Posted by Loguzzzzzz
    You could probably relocate the msv 2 a little higher, cut the lever and tap the holes a tad bit higher and that should work. I do have a Micro rock in one of my custom frames, actually the first sleeper I did!

If you use 90* LP fittings (from cyberave68) you can make the msv-2 lower than in this one and keep the lever longer too, which will make the trigger pull light. This frame rips too even with the short lever.

and in case any one is interested, this frame is for sale/ The asking price (I stress asking) is $400 as shown with lpr and asa.

/end hijack
    That thing is real sweet, I've never seen anyone sleeper with a micro rock before... very tempting, good job I don't have $400 laying around
    Superbolt

Quote Originally Posted by Shirow
    Should fit with a Cheater?
    Ill let you know. I have a cheater here also.

Should fit with a Cheater?
    Judging by the pictures in Zap's preorder thread the Micro Rock probably isn't long enough to interfere with the Cheater.

So is the only remaining issue then with the Micro Rock is that it's too wide?

I managed to get a micro rock in there. Should be plenty of room with the Cheater thing. The frame is appox 3/4" wide, FYI

After looking, not sure if I want to replace my Chimera with this, but I am definitely down for one of the Sabre triggers. That thing is sick!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil
    I managed to get a micro rock in there. Should be plenty of room with the Cheater thing. The frame is appox 3/4" wide, FYI
    Thanks for the info! According to the PPS website the Micro Rock is 7/8" wide, so you'd have to take out about 1/16" on both grip panels to have it fit properly inside the frame. Doesn't seem like much work at all to get it to fit then!

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer
    Thanks for the info! According to the PPS website the Micro Rock is 7/8" wide, so you'd have to take out about 1/16" on both grip panels to have it fit properly inside the frame. Doesn't seem like much work at all to get it to fit then!

Actually, the rubber grips went right over it. Had to stretch them a little, but not enough of a problem to have to remove any meat.

Sorry, I meant with solid grip panels like Luke's aluminum ones. Wait, which rubber grips do you have for a 90 degree Angel-style frame? I don't think I've ever seen any rubber ones like you describe.

I'm pretty sure he had regular angle grips.

Quote Originally Posted by Ando
    I'm pretty sure he had regular angle grips.

They are Angel G7 grips

Talking

Piks and vid with cheater and microrock?

Whats taking so long ???????????

Hopefully Tuna is updating his website

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus
    I have a box full of beautifully annodized Emancipators, Talons, and Sabres sitting here but I can't seem to get a hold of Tunaman. Sorry for the hold up boys.
    Pix!!

Talking

We should all send spam emails bugging tuna 25 times a day

Tunaman5@comcast.net

GO GO GO GO

Quote Originally Posted by Rudz
    We should all send spam emails bugging tuna 25 times a day

Tunaman5@comcast.net

GO GO GO GO

oh do i love the spirit of this place

Damn slackers... HAHAHA

yeah im posting under the influence of Jack Daniels and premium cigars....

Is there going to be a Black Friday special?

Quote Originally Posted by zondo
    Is there going to be a Black Friday special?
    If so, I'm in

so when do the new emag triggers hit the market??? I think one is on my christmas list...

Magnus Guest
    Sorry but I screwed up the emag trigger prototypes just enough to have to do them again. I'm glad I only did one each. The other stuff is ready and i guess will be going out soon. With this economy the way it is it was very hard to judge demand. We want to make sure everyone who wants these can get one. I am already planning another run of M-90 Emancipators, but am having a hard time finding grips. I am working on my own panels right now. I am not sure how you guys would feel about that for the next run. I like the tactile feel of the rubber grips personally. Take 2 on the emag triggers will happen with the next run.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus
    Sorry but I screwed up the emag trigger prototypes just enough to have to do them again. I'm glad I only did one each. The other stuff is ready and i guess will be going out soon. With this economy the way it is it was very hard to judge demand. We want to make sure everyone who wants these can get one. I am already planning another run of M-90 Emancipators, but am having a hard time finding grips. I am working on my own panels right now. I am not sure how you guys would feel about that for the next run. I like the tactile feel of the rubber grips personally. Take 2 on the emag triggers will happen with the next run.
    I don't mind rubber grips but I hate the IR3 grips because of the LED part. I actually kinda like the look of the frosted grips on the new Tritons.

hey magnus what if you took a pole of who all would buy them
    lets say the poll could be release dates,
    who all would buy a frame if released, this week, week of christmas, after christmas or whatever
    just a thought that way you can get an idea of what the supply and demand looks like

Quote Originally Posted by kwood
    hey magnus what if you took a pole of who all would buy them
    lets say the poll could be release dates,
    who all would buy a frame if released, this week, week of christmas, after christmas or whatever
    just a thought that way you can get an idea of what the supply and demand looks like
    I would be willing to bet money at least 25% of the people saying 'I'd buy now' would back out if you actually posted them for sale though.

This is the tough thing with not doing preorders and I have a lot of respect for 'Magnus' for putting the frames up with no preorders. I'm pretty confident that there will be an early rush of buyers, but how many.. I don't know.

I would be willing to bet money at least 25% of the people saying 'I'd buy now' would back out if you actually posted them for sale though.

This is the tough thing with not doing preorders and I have a lot of respect for 'Magnus' for putting the frames up with no preorders. I'm pretty confident that there will be an early rush of buyers, but how many.. I don't know.

i agree completely
    w/o doing a preorder he would have a hard time coming up with some actual numbers
    if he has made 50 pieces to sell in the first run and only 40 people respond to the pole
    then he shouldnt make the 2nd run immediately

thats all i was trying to do was help figure out a way to come up with some real numbers so he doesnt make more than he needs

Quote Originally Posted by kwood
    i agree completely
    w/o doing a preorder he would have a hard time coming up with some actual numbers
    if he has made 50 pieces to sell in the first run and only 40 people respond to the pole
    then he shouldnt make the 2nd run immediately

thats all i was trying to do was help figure out a way to come up with some real numbers so he doesnt make more than he needs
    Yeah, I hear ya.

Well, either way I'll buy one just to show my support, that's part of the reason I've bought stuff from Rogue.. when people are willing to put $ out there, I like to support the mag 'scene'

So get these Emancipators on the shelves and I'll pick one up!

Yeah, I hear ya.

Well, either way I'll buy one just to show my support, that's part of the reason I've bought stuff from Rogue.. when people are willing to put $ out there, I like to support the mag 'scene'

So get these Emancipators on the shelves and I'll pick one up!
    me too, i was hoping the new RPG frames would be coming around as well but im not sure when rogue will be starting those

Magnus,

Any chance of these shipping this year or are we looking at 2010?