Thread: New Pump project

New Pump project

Just finished the ano today and mocked the parts together. All I need to do now is mill the body, find a valve, and an Asa.... Maybe look for a carbon fiber foregrip.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Looks super light, that's for sure. How do you find the XM15 pump kit working with a minimag body? I tried to put a rainman kit on an AGD minimag body and had a lot of friction between the pump rod lug and the body itself. Maybe the lower profile and hollow of the XM15 kit works better.

This also got me thinking... how nice would it be if someone made a rail that had a built-in pump guide rod on it? Not that your project doesn't look awesome, but it would be even sweeter if that block could be shaved down and fused with the rail.

But really it looks awesome!

I was once told that you pump milling a CF body was sketchy since it would make the CF so thin that it may splinter/fray.

Nice to see one of the AO Army M86 frames surface. I don't even have one of those and no more M86's will be engraved with that.
    I really like the Carbon-Fiber. I'm currently working on my own Carbon-fiber mag using one of those bodies.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

Thank you for the replies. To answer a few questions...

zulubravo44: So far the mock up of the with the XM15 and the minimag go well, but I have yet to put the rod on and test the clearances in the rail. I still need to either have my body milled for pump or switch to another body to test the final clearances. I do agree about the block of the pump. I thought about modifying it by myself, but didn't want to ruin it. I was thinking if I add a fore-grip to it it would blend much better.

OPBN: I need to get a hold of XMT and ask him if it is possible. If it isn't, I have a aluminum version of the body I can work with.

cougar20th: Thanks for the comment. Once I had the frame in my hand the only thing that came to mind was PUMP-MAG. The frame is beautiful, and well... I am all about AO ARMY. So... when are you going to make it in a double trigger?