Thread: Level 10 questions

Level 10 questions

I just installed my level 10 on my classic valve mag last night. When i turn the velocity up to get it close to where it should be (i'm hoping for a solid 280 fps) it bleeds air out of the back of the valve. I've called myself reading all the literature i can get my hands on but can't figure out what i'm doing wrong. Help!?

I'm using the biggest carrier in my kit. question here
    The kit i got was still factory sealed the paper label had never been broken but it only came with 5 different carriers. In the directions with the kit one place says it should come with 9 carriers and like 1 paragraph later it says kits should come with 5 carriers. Which is correct?

So my level 10 is largest carrier from the set of 5 that came with it, the gold spring, and 2 shims.

Today at the field it was shooting right about 250 fps if i turned the velocity up any higher it started bleeding air out of the back of the valve. What do i need to do to get the FPS in the right range without it bleeding out the valve the whole game?

Pull your back reg apart. Remove the brass piston inside and disassemble it. Last thing that should come out is a metal plate and a rubber seal. Flip that seal around and install everything back together. This should fix your leak issue. If not, you'll have to buy a new piston.

Hi

If Ando's fix doesnt work (thanks Ando I didnt know that one ) then you will need a new regulator piston assembly. The level 10 kit requires more pressure on the system so there is a higher pressure regulator that is the new standard from AGD.

Find it here > http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/in...&categoryID=18

once this issue is resolved will i most likely need to go up a spring size to get into the FPS range i want to be shooting in?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigwooly1013
    once this issue is resolved will i most likely need to go up a spring size to get into the FPS range i want to be shooting in?
    All the springs will get you to the right FPS range. The longer the spring the higher your pressure will need to be to cycle properly but as the spring length increases it will be also gentler on your paint.

If it's leaking out of the velocity adjusting nut it's probably the piston o-ring.

that's exactly where it's leaking. Are piston o-rings something i could buy a replacement of or as is it just a simple matter of turning it as ando has suggested?

Actually you probably need a new piston. The piston has a relief valve function to prevent your mag from being turned up to an unsafe velocity , however the level ten requires more pressure to work ( as stated earlier) than the level 7 bolt so you will probably not be able to tune your mag to run at normal velocities until you get a new piston.

If you look at the sticky post at the top of this page on the level 10 post #95, 101 and 103 address the same issue
    Last edited by Coralis; 11-07-2009 at 11:21 PM.

The rubber seal will wear out after a while. I've done this on 2 of my classics and a retro valve. Each one worked.

You'll actually see wear groves in the seal when you take the piston apart. Flipping it should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Coralis
    If you look at the sticky post at the top of this page on the level 10 post #95, 101 and 103 address the same issue

I must suck at using the search thread feature i tried every keyword combination to look up this problem before i posted thanks for the quicklink though

Quote Originally Posted by ando
    The rubber seal will wear out after a while. I've done this on 2 of my classics and a retro valve. Each one worked.

You'll actually see wear groves in the seal when you take the piston apart. Flipping it should work.
    I will definitely try this 1st in an attempt to save money