Thread: Best value paintball pants

Best value paintball pants

So, I haven't bought any new clothes for paintballing in for a while. I mostly play outdoors and I have a pair of camo PMI pants that I've been using for quite a while.

However, there is a new indoor field opening near me and over the winter I'd like to play indoors. I'd like to get a different pair of pants to use for indoor play but, not having researched clothing for a while and going and looking at them, most of them seem to be $50 pants with a $150 price tag on them.

$150 for a pair of pants seems pretty steep and I'm guessing at least $50 of that tag is because they are SUPER DUPER NEW 2010 STYLE!

So.. any suggestions on a decently priced pair? I like something fairly light with well padded knees, family jewel protection is a plus too. Couple of zippered pockets, adjustable waist.

Some of the cheaper ones seemed like they are just a plastic shell over an inner mesh, I'd like something a little more comfortable than that.

Anyway, any suggestions appreciated!
    Superbolt

Quote Originally Posted by Shirow
    So, I haven't bought any new clothes for paintballing in for a while. I mostly play outdoors and I have a pair of camo PMI pants that I've been using for quite a while.

However, there is a new indoor field opening near me and over the winter I'd like to play indoors. I'd like to get a different pair of pants to use for indoor play but, not having researched clothing for a while and going and looking at them, most of them seem to be $50 pants with a $150 price tag on them.

$150 for a pair of pants seems pretty steep and I'm guessing at least $50 of that tag is because they are SUPER DUPER NEW 2010 STYLE!

So.. any suggestions on a decently priced pair? I like something fairly light with well padded knees, family jewel protection is a plus too. Couple of zippered pockets, adjustable waist.

Some of the cheaper ones seemed like they are just a plastic shell over an inner mesh, I'd like something a little more comfortable than that.

Anyway, any suggestions appreciated!
    If you don't mind the SP logo on your clothing, you can find a well-padded high-end pair floating around for over half off. Action Village has them, though the Medium size is harder to find. Other than that, look for new old stock on ebay.

I got some green proto pants off of ebay band new from some whole sale company about a year ago for 25 bucks. I have liked them and for the 25 bucks i was like y not. I think they were like a 2005 or 6 model lol
    Last edited by jolt00; 12-05-2009 at 03:58 PM.

Mar over on MCB released a line of pants a lil while ago, they have gotten good reviews from everyone so far. And only $110, which seems like a pretty good price to me. Only pants I've ever seen in Cadpat too. I'd get some, but my old Empire pants are still trucking, so it would be a waste of money.

http://www.deadboxbeforedishonor.com...php?page=pants

cheaper than that....well, it is coming up to the time of year where you get alot of holiday sales. Probably lots of places you could pick up a cheaper pair of pants.

Don' ask questions. It is considered "trolling" in some locations.
    Old dye pants are cheap, and quality. I always buy a year or two old for usually 60ish new.

gotta rep my local company. I have 2 pairs of these pants and they are great. The price is in Canadian dollars so Its even cheaper. Has all the features of the higher priced pants and the construction is great! Love them.

http://www.exaltpaintball.com/main/i...roducts_id=222

i haven't used "paintball" pants since JT had those zip-off ones in od green/black years and years ago.

i've been pretty happy just using the ACU style pants with the integrated knee pads. i think it'll meet most of the requirements you're looking for plus be around $40ish. if you look around you can find them in more than just the ACU pattern. i personally like ones that are a nylon/cotton blend rather than the polyester/cotton blend, but either will be a good choice.

Honestly, I've always enjoyed the mainstream Proto pants... They've got ligh padding where it counts (knee/butt/crotch), they're not covered in obnoxious logos and patterns, and they aren't full of doo-dads, just a pocket on either side and drawstrings at the ankles. They're also $50-$75 and will last for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry
    Honestly, I've always enjoyed the mainstream Proto pants... They've got ligh padding where it counts (knee/butt/crotch), they're not covered in obnoxious logos and patterns, and they aren't full of doo-dads, just a pocket on either side and drawstrings at the ankles. They're also $50-$75 and will last for years.
    I thought about them but their sizing chart looks retarded. Unless I'm misreading it they say medium is 36" waist and 30" inseam...

Mind me asking what size you wear? I'm looking for something to fit 32" waist and 32-34" inseam

I thought about them but their sizing chart looks retarded. Unless I'm misreading it they say medium is 36" waist and 30" inseam...

Mind me asking what size you wear? I'm looking for something to fit 32" waist and 32-34" inseam
    XXL... I'm a big guy (40"-42" waist, 6'3") and they're nice 'n comfy.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry
    XXL... I'm a big guy (40"-42" waist, 6'3") and they're nice 'n comfy.
    Really wish I could try some on, they are a good price if I get last years..

Anyone hear anything about or use any Valken products?

Apparently they have a full setup (pants, jerey, and pak) to be had for under $100.

I think pants they make are going for $50 or so. I've not heard good or bad, but how can you screw up pants?

They are padded, and have all the standard accomodations (pod pockets, zippered pockets, "man-pad", knee-pads, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher
    how can you screw up pants?
    Pretty damn easily... bad stitching, bad quality materials.. I want something that will last more than a couple of months.

I saw those Valkens, assumed the low price meant they weren't very good but that's not always a good assumption, I'm curious too

I bought a pair of the Invert pants over a year ago and they have held up very well. Even sliding around on BFG's field didn't mess them up. Since you play down at Breakaway check out Mark's website. He has some really good deals going on right now.He will bring stuff out to the field for pick up to save on shipping too. His best deal is on the smartparts pants $25 to $40.
    http://www.discountpaintball.com/Pants_c_248.html

Quote Originally Posted by XM15
    I bought a pair of the Invert pants over a year ago and they have held up very well. Even sliding around on BFG's field didn't mess them up. Since you play down at Breakaway check out Mark's website. He has some really good deals going on right now.He will bring stuff out to the field for pick up to save on shipping too. His best deal is on the smartparts pants $25 to $40.
    http://www.discountpaintball.com/Pants_c_248.html
    Yeah, I saw those, I just can't bring myself to wear SP pants

Quote Originally Posted by XM15
    I bought a pair of the Invert pants over a year ago and they have held up very well.
    I second this. You're probably going to hear a bunch of "I got a good deal..." stuff, but mine were off of ebay with matching jersey $60. I've been sliding around at Camp Pendleton and now at Tombstone--both of which are that SoCal mountain/desert scrub. Holding up well, and they were used. Knee padding, adjustable waist and ankles, swab pocket, zipper pockets, back padding, and breathable mesh. My only hangup is that I don't like the loops hanging out after I tighten the ankles, but I've only had those snag in the parking lot trying to walk around OldSchool626's truck.

JT pants kick butt!

Just get last years model pants on ebay or in the clearance section online. I got my last set for $50 a year ago. They had been $100+.

I"ve got a pair of Diablo pants and a pair of JT's.

For the most part I just surf around for the cheapest deal, either used or 2 or 3 years old NOS stuff.

Both have held up well. The downside to this method of shopping is that you don't always get the color choices you want, but the Diablo's were $30 and the JT's were $15, so it's kinda hard to pass up.

i have a pair of old dye's. i forget which style. i bought them for 60. i refuse to buy any of the new ones cause they cost way too much and i don't like the look of them. i've actually been playing in jeans more often than not.
    e-mag 226
    flashed with 1.31

i wear 32" 32" jeans and i got a medium pair of proto pants and they fit just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by vf-xx
    I"ve got a pair of Diablo pants and a pair of JT's.

For the most part I just surf around for the cheapest deal, either used or 2 or 3 years old NOS stuff.

Both have held up well. The downside to this method of shopping is that you don't always get the color choices you want, but the Diablo's were $30 and the JT's were $15, so it's kinda hard to pass up.

Yeah, I got a pair of Diablo Heat (2006) pants a few days ago, and played with them today.

I really liked them, but I have nothing to compare them to as they are my first pair of paintball pants.

Got 'em for like $30. They have good kneepads, are comfortable, and have decent pockets though they don't have as many features as some new pants do. For one, there is no man-pad but there is a padded flap that covers the fly. It seems like it'd work well. There also is no squeegee pocket, though the pod pockets work with swabs fairly well.

Seems like they are fairly durable too, after a scenario's day of running, sliding, and getting full of mud, then running them through the wash, the only thing that makes them look like they were used is one thread hanging off of the stiching on the theigh area...

Pretty damn easily... bad stitching, bad quality materials.. I want something that will last more than a couple of months.

I saw those Valkens, assumed the low price meant they weren't very good but that's not always a good assumption, I'm curious too
    Bad fit, too.

I have a pair of very cheap ravens that I use for cactus, but the fit and stitching are just a little bit better than what I paid for them. I have some freebie PCS pants that are better construction, but they don't move very well (fit).

I was looking at smokin' products pants, but I have a pair of DBD pants on order (the ones gunman_2000 pointed out).

APX Gear is having a almost half off sale on their pants, I have not tried them but they are the company that made the pants for Deadboxbeforedishonor and I have heard very good things about those. APX Gear pants .

I lke my invert pants a lot, been wearing them for 2 years now and they are still in pretty good shape.

I have a pair of Mediium-Large sized JT PRO Pants hanging around here somewhere that have been worn like 3 times ( once was by Fred at TB3 as he showed up with no gear and oddly Wyn1370, myself, and Behemoth had enough to set him ( and probably 5 others ) If they would fit and you are interested, I'll give you a hell of a price on em.

Styg
    Last edited by StygShore; 12-08-2009 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Pro Pants, not Team pants
    Sometimes It's Good to be EVIL

Quote Originally Posted by StygShore
    I lke my invert pants a lot, been wearing them for 2 years now and they are still in pretty good shape.

I have a pair of Mediium-Large sized JT Team Pants hanging around here somewhere that have been worn like 3 times ( once was by Fred at TB3 as he showed up with no gear and oddly Wyn1370, myself, and Behemoth had enough to set him ( and probably 5 others ) If they would fit and you are interested, I'll give you a hell of a price on em.

Styg

Sure, send me a pic, I'm interested