Thread: The Emancipator Proclamation

The Emancipator Proclamation

Tonight started like any other night.

Eat dinner, put the kids to bed, open the mail.

License plate renewal, bills, junk mail and a priority mail box. Inside was something I've been anticipating for quite a while.

The mag scene is great - there's always people making new stuff. Sometimes it doesn't always turn out like you expect but there's always something brewing and something to look forward to. The downside is that sometimes the projects never come to fruition (hAir), sometimes they do and leave you disappointed (G-Force) and sometimes they are done in such short runs that you end up having to spend hundreds of dollars to try to get one (Dallara).

I've sort've grown used to being mildly disappointed when I get aftermarket mag stuff. Not that a lot of the time it isn't great quality but it often arrives in a box filled with newspaper and not much else. Sometimes the piece itself is great but you end up having to order a bunch of other little pieces to really make it complete. Sometimes it's about 75% of what you were expecting and you just have to deal with it.

So, onto what I found inside that box.

People were asking what came with this frame. I was expecting a couple of screws. I was quite happily surprised.

Before I talk about the frame itself, take a look at what was shipped along with it. A diagram showing where everything goes - useless to some but I was very happy. Not only does it show where the screws go but it shows the intended use of each mounting location. The attention to detail made me pretty happy.

It also came with a few bags of bits - screws to mount all the parts you might want to use, some e-mag trigger magnets which slot right into the frame (which is awesome!), trigger stops and some allen wrenches.

I was also really pleasantly surprised by this. When I ordered the frame, I asked Tuna 'how much to get it without the parts kit?' and he said '$8 less, but trust me, you'll want it.'

I'm glad I listened. The fact that it came with the magnets stock made me pretty happy but not having to go hunting for trigger stops and all the little pieces to mount any pneumag parts inside was definitely worth a measly $8.

The first thing I did was drop in the e-mag magnets.

I'd never shot an emag and I was always curious about how much different the magnets made. My frame isn't currently pneu'ed and, to be honest, when I gassed it up, it wasn't really noticable. I think once I get my Cheater and the trigger pull is shortened, it'll be more noticable though. You can definitely feel them just fiddling with the trigger when it's not gassed up. The picture above shows all 3 magnets in place.

One thing I didn't mention was that I was really expecting to receive a dust black frame with a gloss black trigger in it. Tuna had mentioned there were only a couple of dust black frames made so I figured there weren't triggers in every style to match but I was wrong! No need to pull my viperblade out of my old Intelli.

As you can see above, the anodization is perfect and looks great. The grips also feel pretty nice and didn't look as bad as I expected. I'll probably still replace them with Luke's aluminum grips but they are comfortable and look pretty good alongside the black.

The frame is very light and has space milled into the trigger guard - partly ULE and partly aesthetics I guess but it looks great all over.

So, I threw it on my gun. I really need my Venomous rail - the AM/MM rail looks terrible and really squashes the frame/ASA together but still, I think it looks pretty awesome overall.

To be perfectly honest, 75% of the reason I bought this frame was because I really, really wanted a sleeper pneumag and I knew this was one of the easiest routes to get there. When Tuna told me the frames were $240, I almost didn't buy one.

After holding it and shooting it I would do it again in a heartbeat. I've never shot a vert frame before but it is amazingly comfortable. I have always thought they were form over function but I completely take that back. It's MUCH more comfortable than my Intelliframe and I love the feeling of it. I can tell it's going to be way easier to walk for me than my Intelli is once I get my Cheater.

I had a bit of buyers remorse while I waited for it to get here - I mean, you can buy a whole new marker for what I paid for it but now I have it in my hands, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Once I get a chance to pneu it up, I'll post my thoughts on how it works in that regard but, for now, I can't wait to get out this weekend and shoot it.

Thanks Magnus
    Superbolt

Just a small note

I see you mentioned wanting to put your Viperblade trigger in there. These wont work in the M90 frame. The trigger stop location would be all wrong. We designed it this way. The Talon and Sabre triggers are designed to work perfectly in this frame. Make sure after it is all set up that you loctite the trigger stops. AND DON'T SCRATCH IT! That anno costs a lot of money!
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman
    I see you mentioned wanting to put your Viperblade trigger in there. These wont work in the M90 frame. The trigger stop location would be all wrong. We designed it this way. The Talon and Sabre triggers are designed to work perfectly in this frame. Make sure after it is all set up that you loctite the trigger stops. AND DON'T SCRATCH IT! That anno costs a lot of money!
    I don't want to anymore.. I only thought about it because I didn't think the talon would be dust black but now it is, I have no desire to change it.

Are the trigger stops nylon tipped? I didn't look at them yet..

Quote Originally Posted by Shirow
    No there not.

Hey Tuna. What trigger did the frames come with, Talon? Any word when the new Tuna blades will be ready?

Quote Originally Posted by Ando
    No there not.

Hey Tuna. What trigger did the frames come with, Talon? Any word when the new Tuna blades will be ready?
    You can have your choice of triggers,,,Talon or Sabre. If not specified I use the Talon. No word on the other triggers yet. Those are a bit tougher to make.

I don't want to anymore.. I only thought about it because I didn't think the talon would be dust black but now it is, I have no desire to change it.

No nylon tips on these. Although more expensive, we have found that they tend to come apart after a while.

The dust black finish looks awesome btw, I'm really happy with it

The dust black finish looks awesome btw, I'm really happy with it
    I told you so...

Is this from the frame designing thread awhile back? Someone was designing a couple frames and was going to produce one. If it is I cant believe the buy thread slipped past me.

Looks awsome though.

Quote Originally Posted by paintball72
    Is this from the frame designing thread awhile back? Someone was designing a couple frames and was going to produce one. If it is I cant believe the buy thread slipped past me.

Looks awsome though.
    It's from the 'Mystery Frame from Tunaball' thread if that's the one you're referring to. There's a waiting list for the next run already... a lot of people missed this order.

Love the way that turned out!

Quote Originally Posted by punkncat
    Begging your pardon.
    I have the utmost respect for Tuna and his stuff, but what about that vert mech frame could possibly warrant a price of $240?

Both of the others that were available were priced around $100 less than that, new. I am not trying to drag the product down, I just really want to know what makes it different/special...aside from magnetic stops.
    Well, to answer your first question - what makes anything worth the price it is sold for? What makes a Tac-One worth $500 when you can buy an Ion for $150?

Things are only worth the value people put on them. To me, after seeing the quality of the frame and all the work that went into it, it was worth $240. I can see that, to others, the frame may not be worth $240, just as to some players, a Tac One is not worth $500.

To answer your second question, quite a few things make it special, I think.

Number one - it's designed to take any existing pneumatic setup on the market without modification. I do not have the tools or the skill to modify a Chimera frame for pneu parts so I would've ended up spending money paying someone else to do it if I'd gone that route.

Two, it's also pre-tapped for an LPR, another thing I would've ended up paying for.

Three, it comes with a new, custom trigger, something which generally sells for at least $25 if not more.

At the end of the day, would I have liked to have paid $140 for it? Of course. I would've loved it if it was $50! The cost was $240 though and when I took into account the design and testing, materials, the work that went into producing it, the quality of the frame and the extras that came with it, it was worth it to me.

Don't get me wrong - I think $240 for a frame is a high price. In this case, to me it ended up being worth it when I held it in my hands.

Magnus Guest

wow that frame is great, any word on an electro version of that baby. i want one so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by db03
    wow that frame is great, any word on an electro version of that baby. i want one so bad.
    Pneu it up and you don't need electronics!

Pneu it up and you don't need electronics!

yeah could always do that but, i want an electro version... i like eyes!

Sir,

I don't know if you are aware of this but electronic guns were made for girls. They didn't have the strength in their fingers to pull a real trigger so they had to make them electronic.

That is why most of them are brightly colored and shiny also.

Real men shoot guns with rods, pistons and lots of black metal.

Hope that helps

I thought it should have the mounting points for the EP mod. So you should be able to use that frame for an electro version.... You just have to do the electronics yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by vf-xx
    I thought it should have the mounting points for the EP mod. So you should be able to use that frame for an electro version.... You just have to do the electronics yourself.
    Or you can pick up one of the venomous grips and throw the LPR inside the frame

Sir,

I don't know if you are aware of this but electronic guns were made for girls. They didn't have the strength in their fingers to pull a real trigger so they had to make them electronic.

Hope that helps

This is classic

Sir,

Hope that helps

That was pretty funny I must say, but I like my electros "murdered out." Not brightly colored. The mechanical way is cool but how many people can say they have a 90* frame mag with eyes? I guess different strokes for different folks. I never was good with tunning lpr and pneu on my cocker.

That was pretty funny I must say, but I like my electros "murdered out." Not brightly colored. The mechanical way is cool but how many people can say they have a 90* frame mag with eyes? I guess different strokes for different folks. I never was good with tunning lpr and pneu on my cocker.
    Yeah, I hear ya, was just kidding.

That being said, tuning a pneu mag and a cocker is night and day. All you do with your mag is.. set LPR to 20psi.. done.