Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rifle's custom hard wood grip panels. 1911 45s, Emag and others.

Rifle's custom hard wood grip panels. 1911 45s, Emag and others.

Hello, first off thanks for your interest. If you're looking for some custom wood panel grips for you marker I am able to do most any style. I specialize in 1911 45 style grip panels as well as Emag panels. If I'm provided with an accurate template for design any panel style is possible. I have also started making wrap around style grips. I can make these for 45 style frames as well as Sheridans and Invert Minis.

I have made grips in various wood species in the past ranging from Amboyna and Buckeye burls on the exotic end to Cherry, Maple and Walnut on the more common domestic end. Whatever species of wood you're looking for I am able to source most woods locally keeping the cost to a minimum.

I finish each book matched set with at least five coats of a water and stain resistant clear gloss outdoor spar urethane.

The cost for grips on in stock wood (unless otherwise stated) are, 45 grips $25, Emag grips $35, wrap around $45.

I accept payment by paypal. The price (in USD) includes shipping within Canada and the USA (lower 48). If you would like tracking on the package it will be slightly more.

Here are some images of custom grips I have done in the past. A larger selection can be seen in my public album. Rifle's Custom hard wood grips

Below are in stock finished grips for sale. The price includes shipping.
    Last edited by Rifle95; 10-24-2010 at 01:28 PM.

I have some Purpleheart 45s made right now. Cost on these is $25 shipped.

did u ever finish my allowwood emag no window ones >? id love to see a picture

Yes they are shaped and drilled, not finished. I was waiting to hear back from you re payment. I'll tack a picture for you in the stage they're at right now.

edit...
    here you go

Last edited by Rifle95; 01-12-2010 at 03:42 PM.

very cool pm it to me ty

Quote Originally Posted by Sumthinwicked
    very cool pm it to me ty
    PM sent.

Just adding some pics provided by a customer of some Cocobolo emag grips on gun.

Purpleheart 45s are sold.

I have a pair of very nice stabilized, dyed Maple burl. These are finish sanded to 600 grit then polished to a finish between satin and semi gloss. There's no actual finish applied to these as stabilized wood has plastic bonded to the wood fiber so it is water and stain resistant on it's own. The price on these is $40 and includes shipping.

I've decided to try something a little different. I made some 45 wrap grips. These grips are quilted Birdseye Maple finished with 5 coats of satin spar urethane. The cost on these are $40 shipped. In the pictures you can see a deeper saw cut than the rest on the right grip that has been filled with epoxy. I do plan on making more of these in the near future. They will be priced at $45 shipped (won't make the cut error). Planning on some in more Maple, Cherry and Cocobollo. These have been made to fit my Blazer frame that is 3/4" thick. I have large hands and they fit very well in them but fit my 17 yr old nephew nicely too.

Here's the pictures.

Also have a pair of Walnut 45s SOLD.

Last edited by Rifle95; 07-24-2010 at 11:26 AM.

Added another pair of grips. These are Kingwood with a very dense grain and slight purple tint. SOLD.

Last edited by Rifle95; 08-20-2010 at 10:30 PM.

interest on walnut 45s

pm about the walnut 45s

Quote Originally Posted by JR146243
    pm about the walnut 45s
    Pm'd you back.

Walnut grips are sold.

Could you make a pair of wrap around emag panels?

I have to say no on this one. I don't have a emag so couldn't accurately make a pair of wrap around grips.

I have an extra frame you can use as a templet.

Sent you a pm on this.

Could you make wraparounds for AGD single trigger style? Would be interested in a pair in Purple, or something with a silver hue.

Thumbs up Jamaican Blue Mahoe

Tried several different grip panels and nothing looked right
    till I got these.

Jamaican Blue Mahoe

Thanks Jeff !

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    Could you make wraparounds for AGD single trigger style? Would be interested in a pair in Purple, or something with a silver hue.
    I have single hole AGD pannel grips that I can work from. The problem with wrap arounds is that I need the frame to accurately fit them...and I don't have one. The purple wood isn't a problem as I've made some Purpleheart grips in the past and can get it locally. I've picked up a Sheridan frame to do some wrap arounds for them and may look at getting a cheap single hole AGD frame too. I'll let you know if I do.

Thanks for posting some pics going_home, they do go well with your ano.
    Last edited by Rifle95; 07-31-2010 at 11:12 PM.

Ok, I am waiting for the frame to arrive and will contact you when it does. I would be willing to send the frame to you to use as a template.

OPBN, I've sent out some pms to a couple people about some cheap single hole frames. I just have to wait to hear back from them now...I'll keep you informed. I've also built a public album with a selection of grips I've made and inserted the link on the first post of the thread as well as below.

Rifle's Custom hard wood grips album

Quote Originally Posted by Rifle95
    OPBN, I've sent out some pms to a couple people about some cheap single hole frames. I just have to wait to hear back from them now...I'll keep you informed. I've also built a public album with a selection of grips I've made and inserted the link on the first post of the thread as well as below.

Rifle's Custom hard wood grips album
    I actually just got the frame in today. The one I want the grips for is actually a splash anoed frame. I am comparing it to a stock CF frame and it is a little different. I think I might have to send you the actual frame, otherwise it may be off. You could also actually see the colors and we could find what would look best with it. Hard to tell over the internet. Give me a coule of days to get over fondling it, and I'll send it out to you.

Ok, sent you a pm with my info.

Price drop.

Wrap around Maple grips $35 shipped.
    Kingwood pannel grips $15 shipped.

Kingwood pannel grips SOLD.

Price drop...45 wrap around quilted birdseye maple grips now $30 shipped.

Price drop...45 wrap around quilted birdseye maple grips now $25 shipped. If I can't move these at this price I'll probably just keep them.

I wish those where single holed. Free up for some nice grips