Thread: Sleeper Pneumag ASA's

Sleeper Pneumag ASA's

Hey,
    Well almost done with my sleeper pneumag project. Ran into a bit of a problem though. I've been trying for weeks now to track down a gloss black CP direct mount On/Off ASA that I can have milled for running an in-grip sleeper LPR setup. I always miss out on buying one because of monetary issues or I'm just too late. I'm getting a little fustrated at this point. I know that CP just came out with the new "mini" styel direct mount, but I have no idea on how well it would work as a sleeper setup.

So my question is, are there any other good direct mount On/Off ASA's out there that would be good candidates for running a sleeper setup?
    Thanks in advance.

I have the CP mini style direct mount that I am planning to mod for a sleeper. The design is similar to the older ones. It will work if your mod method is to drill/mill an o-ring recess and diagonally drill towards the output for the air passage.

If i am not mistaken ANS still has the direct mounts in stock

I had the same problem for a long time. Unfortunately for mine, I ended up just taking the Dust black CP direct mount...

Well since I put up the new WTB, I've had a few hits, and have tracked down some brand new ones luckily.

Might i ask where i am looking for one of these as well

Tunaman's got some in stock currently. Send him an email.

Though you guys have already found a suitible ASA, the CP mini direct mount works just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ta2maki
    Though you guys have already found a suitible ASA, the CP mini direct mount works just fine.
    I have heard that a mini direct would require an adapter type plate in order to have enough surface area for an oring to be seated in.

Mind sharing how you did it? Oring size specifically.

Thanks.

The flat part on top of the ASA is just slightly narrower than the hole I made. I made up for it by drilling in deeper. The top of the o-ring is just below the surface of the ASA and the LPR is set so it compresses the o-ring quite a bit.. The o-ring I used, I got from home depot. They sell them as #5 repair o-ring, 3/8" OD and 1/4" ID. I think the dash# is 010. I used standard drill bits for the modification. I pretty much eyeballed everything using a ruler(that's why it isn't perfectly centered).

That's great!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ta2maki

How did you get that LPR in there? What tool did you use to tighten it down? It looks like it just fits.

Quote Originally Posted by Stayhuge View Post
    How did you get that LPR in there? What tool did you use to tighten it down? It looks like it just fits.
    I echo this same question. How did you get a tool in there to tighten the lpr?