Thread: Air America

Air America

Hey all,
    I'm getting ready for Tombstone, May 1 & 2, and need to get some gear updated. Your infinite knowledge and wisdom is needed.

First, I would like some input on an Air America Raptor Rex. Before I blow more cash on getting the bottle Hydro'd, can someone answer this: The regulator had a problem with chopping piston O-rings. I searched the Tech Forums and pretty confident that I found the solution to this problem. (2 turns, then bleed the pressure). My question is: Legend has it that you can use an Automag Parts kit to rebuild this regulator. Has anyone been sucessful? How sucessful? And, if not, does anyone know where to get a substitue piston O-ring? Or would it be wiser to just get a new Ninja or the like. I don't have an X Valve yet, but I am planning on one and I want the adj reg. for the RT.

Any help, suggestions, advice on this issue is always greatly appriecated.

Thanx in advance,

VSB

an Automag parts kit should work just fine.

If you need detailed help, a couple of the folks from AA started Guerrilla Air. They helped me out when I had problems with my Armageddon.

You can use some Mag parts, but you CANNOT use the reg seat and pin. A Mags reg seat is way too soft for 3000 or 4500 psi, it will deform and not work properly. The piston o-ring and the body half o-rings can be used from a Mag kit. The piston looks the same, but it isnt, the AA piston has a higher blow off rating. A Mag piston is set around 400-450 psi. A Raptor reg piston is set to 1200psi or so.
    I have nothing good to put here...........

Do what I do, install an on/off switch and never worry about that stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Advanced
    Do what I do, install an on/off switch and never worry about that stuff:
    I solved that problem early. I have a Pro-Connect that works really well as an on/off. Daniel-son... Gas on, Gas off.
    I'm gonna call G.Air to see if they have any suggestions on the Reg. seat.
    Thanx for everyones help here. Any other suggestions are mucho welcome-o.
    VSB