Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Large anodizing run

Large anodizing run

Hey guys,

I am starting up a new anodizing business (Uncle Peter's Plating), and we are looking to clear our initial investment, and we would like to offer a special deal for you guys on here to get a group of guys for a set or large anodizing runs. Right now we are looking to do one or more runs of black, clear, and blue (we will provide a picture of a finished blue part for reference). We are looking to get at least 10 guys together for each color before proceeding and we are thinking ~$50 + shipping for any number of parts up to one complete gun. We are not completely up and running yet, but by the time we get the numbers we are for we will be up and running.

Send me an email (dowens504 AT gmail.com), or post any feedback on here and I will do my best to get back to you in a timely manner.

im down for blue. have a DM6 ready to go.

I'm interested in blue. Please pm me when your have the info ready....

Query: will you be set up to strip parts? Can you do beadblasting to come up with a dust color?

Offering any sort of assurance for maintaining clearances (in general).

I'm interested in getting an Armageddon reg redone in dust black, but as these are old regs and not necessarily readily available I am initially cautious.

How many small parts for $50? THX

We are going to be getting everything up and running on the first week of the new year, so we will probably be accepting parts that week and making the runs the following week. The details are not entirely worked out, but we do have a media blaster so we will be capable of doing dust finishes. In regards to clearances especially on regulators we can plug it up so the internals will remain the same.

In regards to whole guns, the gun must be shipped completely broken down to the parts to be anodized, I work as a paintball tech, but I don't really want to get in to the whole business of having to rip guns apart before we can begin prepping surfaces.

How many small parts for $50, its going to be about how many you would get for a whole gun, so approximately 10 parts, we can work out something specific if you want a large number of parts done.

I'm interested in dust black. Just one marker at the moment, but might be able to spring for a second after Christmas. Depends on how many people give me cash...lol

Can you tell me how much the cost would be on this for Canadian shipments?

deffinatly int, I may have 2 guns to get done.

can you do gloss finishes if parts are dust?

Talking

Gloss or dust?

Hmmmmm

1 Dust black for me

I'm in. I have parts that are already media-blasted...Can you do a dust-clear finish? If not, dust-black for me. Also, can you do valves? I have an X that could use some refreshing cosmetically....

Dend78 is offline Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    i may be interested in a dust black run if i can come up with the funds, I may have missed it whats the charge gonna be for several parts?

***edit*** yeah i missed it i would be in for sure on a dust black run, i would have several parts missing a body yet
    2k2 Angel LCD
    turbo trigger
    CP volumizer
    PIPE KIT

2k Angel CnC LCD
    Vert Frame
    Freak Barrel

B2k x-milled
    micro rock
    Dye sticky 3's
    vertical max-flo
    Edge barrel with blue J&J tip

Egg 2 y board
    Empire Reloader
    Dye Throttle 91/4500
    Crossfire 114ci/3000
    Angel Air Reg

Ok. I'll give it a go. Any discount, or anybody interested in going in as a group? I only have 2 pieces that need doing.

Quote Originally Posted by vf-xx
    Ok. I'll give it a go. Any discount, or anybody interested in going in as a group? I only have 2 pieces that need doing.
    I have a couple of regs and a bike grips...I'll jump in with you...dust black.

I don't think I can finish building my mag by the first of the month. What are your prices going to be after that?

Thanks for your interest everybody. In reference to quantity of parts, we are going to try to max it out at around 10 parts max, if you only have one or two small parts then we can probably cut the price, but the shipping is going to end up being the same most likely. If you need more than 10 we can do that also, but we will have to work out a different price.

In regards to shipping to Canada, and in general, the shipping is going to be estimated from the shipping calculator on USPS's website, if you want to do that now to get a good idea, our zipcode is 02879, and you will have to factor in how much insurance you will want as well any tracking and such.

We can handle x-valves as long as you have it stripped to the piece to be anodized, and we won't be able to re-engrave it with the logo.

Parts in dust can be polished up, and if you got the part prepped already (sandblasted) we can definitely do clear or black, and we will cut the price since it takes out one of the big steps we'd need to take.

After this first set of runs we are going to try to keep the prices close, but they may need to go up a little depending on the demand we are seeing. We are hoping to run this more along the lines of doing lots of parts at a lower cost, and keeping to simpler finishes (single colors) as we work on our dying techniques we will being to offer all the other good stuff, but that stuff will run about what you are getting from other shops. We want to keep to mostly single color finishes though because, I feel like thats going to be the biggest benefit to the most people.
    Last edited by FutureMagOwner; 12-17-2009 at 11:44 AM.

Out of my batch of parts can I mix them up? One part polished clear, others dust black, and maybe some gloss black, all the parts will equal aprox 10 pieces

I only need 1 part done, an 8 inch custom sight rail for my phantom long bow, shoot me a PM if you would like to include it. Its beadblasted and ready to go. thanks.
    Minimag, 16" Dye Titanium, Benchmark double finger, phase II, level 10, 88 4500, warp.

Yeah, we aren't really worried about anything like that, we are just looking to get a good number of items together, you just need to be very clear on which parts you want in which finish when you ship the item (like tie a tag to each part with which finish, not an item list because we may not know that that part is the xcore zick hater agg kit). We aren't in to the whole small print way of running a business, we are looking to get guys the stuff they are looking for without breaking the bank, but still able to pay the bills.

Just keep asking the questions guys, and the week before new years we will start taking down names, giving official quotes, etc. You don't need to be crafty to work out a way of getting the most parts for your money, if you got one or two, we can work something out, if you got a million, it may take a while to get them all to you , but we can work something out.

EDIT: that was directed to the second post above me.

Also guys, I'm sorry but I'm not going to start pm'ing people, if you are interested come back the week before new years and we will make an official quote, and you can ship it out the following week, I've started this thread now so we could get an idea of how much stuff we can get together, and for people to start getting their things ready in advance for the big runs.

i'm in, I have 3 guns I need in dust black

I might have one for you to anodize blue. Kinda depends on how much money I get during christmas.

I would probably be up for getting an entire marker done in dust black.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureMagOwner
    so we could get an idea of how much stuff we can get together, and for people to start getting their things ready in advance for the big runs.
    at 50$ a marker i'd say you will be plenty busy

why Anno ? , I know you've been around a while & seen the way PB & AO has changed ( & everyplace else ) , you've seen the GB threads & other anno hate threads , I know you want in the business ( I remember the Manike thread )

and why so cheap ?? , yeah I love working on/with markers too & part of it may be fun , but if your not careful it may get to a point where you don't enjoy it

this is more of a statement ; keep your Quaility control as high as humanly possibly , then check it again before it gets shipped

I'm to the point now where I will paint my stuff before I send it to a annoer again , the last 2 jobs I had done were done by 2 different guys that both have excellent reps around here and as far as i'm concerned both jobs were subpar , parts that wern't polished before anno & gloss parts that looked great except for the places the anno didn't take

good luck & mabey after I see some pic's from the 1st run mabey i'll do something in the 2nd & remember Quality Allways Shoots Straight & Looks Great While Doing It

The low cost is because it is our first run so we know there is some level of risk involved for the customer (although as you said established companies are not a guarantee by any means). I do agree with you, after we establish ourselves the prices will go up as we get a better feel for how much time/materials/etc goes in to each gun/part. For this run, we are looking to pay off our initial investment in the equipment, and leave us with a little extra so we can invest some more back in to the business by getting a full stock of dyes, and then another rectifier and larger containers after that. The two of us that are going to be spearheading this have other jobs, so its more of a hobby business for now. If we can get it rolling, it could shift towards our everyday job. So in the mean time, we don't mind putting in a lot of hours with out lining our pockets.

As you said, I have been in the paintball world for a good amount of time now, and I've seen how its changed for the negative in most respects. I feel that our approach to the business is going to be beneficial to us (of course, we do gotta get money for our own toys) but also to the paintball community. I want to focus on getting out top quality anodizing in finishes that allow for minimal backup (we won't be doing fades for a long time). I think that theres a lot of people out there that are looking to get their various parts to match and its not worth it to them to spend $150+ to get it done. Thats where we are hoping to come in and to be successful.

I really appreciate you taking the time for your insightful thoughts, and I hope we prove ourselves to you and the community as a whole and get you on board as a customer in the future

so only solid colors? what colors do you guys have?

im interested in a dust OD. (i wish you guys did acid washes, but ill just have to wait)

i would be interested in gloss black.. I have a ule body, rail, barrel.. But my barrel is currently dust black can it still be anno'd "gloss black"?

Yep we can polish it up and make it dust black, Just keep in mind that anodizing the barrel is going to effect the bore on the barrel though, so if you really want it where you got it you may want to pick up another barrel. We can plug it so the inside remains untouched, especially if its a two piece, but I gotta think of a good way to plug one piece barrels.

In regards to the colors, if you want another color that we don't have at this moment, your best bet will be to wait for our next set of runs when we have the money to buy more dyes, or if you are in a rush then you may want to have someone else take care of it.

What kinda Anno can you do?

Can you Do Camo?

I know you just started, Id like to help you get started but thats the only thing i need atm, Urban Camo on my Tac =/

We will be able to do camo in the future but thats not something we are going to be doing for another month or so after our first run.