Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: X-Valve, is this right?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Stavanger, Norway
    Posts
    23

    X-Valve, is this right?

    Hi,

    I bought a new x-Valve from AGD a few months ago, I've used it 3-4 times so far and shot somewhere between 3-4000 paintballs. Last time I was at the field it started to leak from the valve, it sounded like a choo choo train when aired up ( not pulling the trigger ).
    I started tinkering with it today and and removed the power tube tip.



    My setup was like this: 3-4-5-5-5-6-7-9-10 (if you look at the chart)
    Can someone please explain why?

    I tried to use the default setup, it's still leaking so I guess I will have to replace the powertube O-ring? Ufortunately I ran out of air and will have to try again tomorrow..

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    offshore
    Posts
    7,425
    Remove #7 oring from #6 carrier and change #6 carrier to the next smaller size using the same #7 oring. Remove all shims and leave them out.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Stavanger, Norway
    Posts
    23
    There was no extra carriers with the x-valve, guess I will have to order a kit?

    But why did AGD set it up this way in the first place?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    offshore
    Posts
    7,425
    The Xvalves come with 4 carriers from the factory You must have lost them. If you feel you really didn't get them call AGD and tell them. Let me know how it turns out.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Halifax, N.S., Canada
    Posts
    7,727
    Try just removing the shims first.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Stavanger, Norway
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    The Xvalves come with 4 carriers from the factory You must have lost them. If you feel you really didn't get them call AGD and tell them. Let me know how it turns out.
    I still have to original package, and guess what..they were ''hiding'' inside the foam rubber. I will try a new carrier tomorrow when I refill hpa.
    Thx Tunaman!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Stavanger, Norway
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by athomas View Post
    Try just removing the shims first.
    I tried that, but it was still leaking. Guess a new carrier is up next.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Stavanger, Norway
    Posts
    23
    But I would still like to know why AGD put 3 shims inside the valve?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,527
    Its set up to work, but not be tuned. As you have used it, the orings are seating themselves & you need to make adjustments to how the valve will live. This is a common occurrence.

    Listen to Tuna, he has never steered anyone wrong.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Stavanger, Norway
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Its set up to work, but not be tuned. As you have used it, the orings are seating themselves & you need to make adjustments to how the valve will live. This is a common occurrence.

    Listen to Tuna, he has never steered anyone wrong.
    Why wouldn't I listen to Tuna? I was just curious why AGD put 3 shims in a row.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    offshore
    Posts
    7,425
    Quote Originally Posted by Korso View Post
    Why wouldn't I listen to Tuna? I was just curious why AGD put 3 shims in a row.
    I believe he puts them in there for orientation only...just so the customer can see where they go.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Stavanger, Norway
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    I believe he puts them in there for orientation only...just so the customer can see where they go.
    Fair enough, thx Tuna.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Somerset WI
    Posts
    28
    I had trouble with my mag after it got broken in with 3000 or so shots through it. I needed to change my carrier size to a slightly smaller one and I needed to take a shim out of my ULT. After that all the leaks where fixed.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Stavanger, Norway
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_kaz View Post
    I had trouble with my mag after it got broken in with 3000 or so shots through it. I needed to change my carrier size to a slightly smaller one and I needed to take a shim out of my ULT. After that all the leaks where fixed.
    I changed the carrier size and removed the shims, works like a charm.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Korso View Post
    I changed the carrier size and removed the shims, works like a charm.
    You did reuse the o-ring from the previous carrier right? Don't replace o-rings in the mag unless you're absolutely sure they're busted... I still have 10+ years old o-rings in my mag and they are still going strong =)

    Shims, as I understand it, changes the point at which the LV10 vents in in case it pinches balls. The current consensus on the forum is that you use no shims unless you know there is something wrong.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Stavanger, Norway
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by ideinit View Post
    You did reuse the o-ring from the previous carrier right? Don't replace o-rings in the mag unless you're absolutely sure they're busted... I still have 10+ years old o-rings in my mag and they are still going strong =)

    Shims, as I understand it, changes the point at which the LV10 vents in in case it pinches balls. The current consensus on the forum is that you use no shims unless you know there is something wrong.
    Yes, I did reuse the o-ring.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •